Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Pete 9th November 2010 12:17 PM

THE FUNHOUSE - Brilliant, really enjoyed this one.

re.form 9th November 2010 10:11 PM

The Hitcher remake
Das Human Centipede

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th November 2010 10:54 AM

Saw The Karate Kid remake last night and it really should be called The Kung Fu Kid as there isn't any karate in it!

I'm going to see Let Me In at the cinema this evening but will probably watch something before going although I'm not exactly sure what.

gag 10th November 2010 12:51 PM

The remake let me in should be reasonable good because it was written by the same bloke who wrote the original

mbv 10th November 2010 04:41 PM

Predators
Better than I expected. The Predators deserved a bit more screen time though. For a man stuck on an alien planet for 10 years Laurence Fishbourne must have found the pie shop.
Adrien Brody annoyed me though. One of the most dislikable characters I've seen. And he's supposed to be the hero!!
Other than that it's pretty good.

the blob 10th November 2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbv (Post 111858)
Predators
For a man stuck on an alien planet for 10 years Laurence Fishbourne must have found the pie shop.

:lol::lol::lol:

Watched it on the plane over. Thought the last 20 mins sank it and overall a bit too much homage to the first film but, unlike that one, couldn't really develop a like for any of the characters.

the blob 10th November 2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 111843)
The remake let me in should be reasonable good because it was written by the same bloke who wrote the original

It's a good film but basically the same movie bar a couple of changes. Made it very hard to enjoy for me.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th November 2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 111843)

It was only based on the book and screenplay as Matt Reeves wrote the screenplay and directed this one. I found it to be quite shallow and reliant on jumps rather than well developed tension and characters. Also, things like "I'm not a girl" were introduced and then not really developed -- was that intended to make you think that Abby wasn't a girl but a vampire?

Anyway, I was distinctly underwhelmed and it really isn't a patch on Let the Right One In.

pedromonkey 10th November 2010 08:45 PM

just finished watching The Beast Must Die and i really enjoyed it, great slice of cheesy 70s british horror.

the blob 10th November 2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 111904)
just finished watching The Beast Must Die and i really enjoyed it, great slice of cheesy 70s british horror.

Did you guess the werewolf in the time allowed? :)