Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

James Morton 16th April 2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 232517)
My guess is that is the version I have then

my dvd-r has no stupid x signs to tell you when the uncut scenes appear

Baseball Fury 16th April 2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 232374)
The Cabin in the Woods - not going to say much about it but go and see it. Seriously. Such an enjoyable, well-made, funny (although not at all scary) horror film.

I'm sat in Cineworld waiting for this right now!

Baseball Fury 16th April 2012 10:22 PM

Just... Wow. certainly my most unexpected film of the year. thoroughly bonkers.

keirarts 16th April 2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 232481)
My tutor at college filled my 4gb usb stick with some films from his hard drive today. He's given me the August Underground Trilogy that he bought while in the US and the Ilsa Trilogy too. I'm gonna try and see how much of the AU films I can stomach, not usually my thing but I'm intrigued to know what all the fuss is about (he's already given me A Serbian Film, Murder Set Pieces and Grotesque, all of which weren't as bad as I expected)

Out of all of them i'll bet mordem is the one that has you switching off. I've seen all the above uncut and its the only one that genuinelly freaked me out, it gave my mate nightmares.

Ranarchy 17th April 2012 07:09 AM

Dead Alive: Classic of course!

Cannibal Holocaust: Just wanted to watch it again....

antmumford 17th April 2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranarchy (Post 232707)
Dead Alive: Classic of course!

Cannibal Holocaust: Just wanted to watch it again....

Huh hum *cough* Braindead *cough* :tongue1: :fear:

Rik 17th April 2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 232681)
Out of all of them i'll bet mordem is the one that has you switching off. I've seen all the above uncut and its the only one that genuinelly freaked me out, it gave my mate nightmares.

I watched the first two parts in the trilogy last night. Both vile, disgusting films and yeah, I was close to switching Mordum off, absolutely sickening.
I'm going to watch part 3 tonight just for completion then remove them from my USB stick and hopefully from my mind. I feel like I should watch the entire Pixar/Dreamworks back catalogue to save my soul!

keirarts 17th April 2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 232711)
I watched the first two parts in the trilogy last night. Both vile, disgusting films and yeah, I was close to switching Mordum off, absolutely sickening.
I'm going to watch part 3 tonight just for completion then remove them from my USB stick and hopefully from my mind. I feel like I should watch the entire Pixar/Dreamworks back catalogue to save my soul!

For my money mordum was the worst of the three, seriously nasty stuff.

Rik 17th April 2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 232716)
For my money mordum was the worst of the three, seriously nasty stuff.

Yeah, I don't feel like eating anything today

PaulD 17th April 2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 232719)
Yeah, I don't feel like eating anything today

God, that bad? I haven't seen any of those films; not sure if I want to.

Last night I gave a re-watch to Red Dragon after buying the Hannibal Lecter Trilogy bluray set. It's a pretty good psychological thriller, let down only by the camp, hammy, scenery-chewing, Silence of the Lambs-aping Hannibal Lecter scenes.

Manhunter's still much better.