Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Nordicdusk 13th February 2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 216480)
Never heard of this film but judging by the stills you posted on the other thread, it looks like its right up my street

You should take a look at it. I had never heard of it before until a mate of mine gave me a look at it. I was really surprised at how good it really was.

Prince_Vajda 13th February 2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 216467)
Yeah, I wanted my time back after Pineapple Express. Not my kind of flick.

High Plains Drifter though - one of my all-time faves.

An excellent movie. :nod:

Not only one of Uncle Clint's best flicks, but also one of the greatest Western movies ever. I can't tell you how much I love this film's sinister atmosphere - I always have a feeling that High Plains Drifter is also (at least partly) a Horror movie. :love:

Universal, get your :censored: together - and release this masterpiece on Blu-ray! :smokin:

Greetings!

Susan Foreman 13th February 2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 216428)
Second was Nightmare Hostel, quite possibly the worst film I've ever seen, it has comparisons with Eli Roth's Hostel films and Re-animator on the cover, hence the blind buy, both of which are utter crap, like the film!

Told ya!

But I suppose you had alrady got it before I could warn you, so I forgive you!

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 13th February 2012 08:30 PM

20 films later...

Nordicdusk 13th February 2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 216510)

How was the Muppets ?

bdc 13th February 2012 08:34 PM

Did you notice those familiar ruins in The Blancheville Monster? ;)
It must have been very cold there...

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 13th February 2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 216511)
How was the Muppets ?

It's the muppets! It was awesome! My only problem with the film was that so many muppets were missed out, and that really bugged me (they even left out Rizzo!). Gonzo got far too little screentime too which wasn't great either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 216512)
Did you notice those familiar ruins in The Blancheville Monster? ;)
It must have been very cold there...

Should I have, bdc? I'm probably gonna sound really stupid here :laugh:

Nordicdusk 13th February 2012 08:51 PM

Damn thats too bad if Muppets are overlooked altogether and the best muppets in it are not in it enough. Also see you watch Batteries Not Included now thats a blast from the past.:)

Baseball Fury 13th February 2012 10:50 PM

Just got back from watching Chronicle at the cinema. It was absolutely incredible. Akira meets Invincible (the Kirkman comic) is how I'd describe it. 10/10

keirarts 13th February 2012 10:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
went round a mates for takeout, the kebaby was doing pizzas ect on bogof so we had a bit of a feast and watched some movies.

First up was brian yuzna directed monster movie Amphibious 3d. We didn't watch it in 3d and quite frankly I doubt if the process will add anything to this movie. Its a fun little by the numbers monster movie with michael pare vs a bloody huge sea scorpion thingy! Very gorey, some ropey cgi but overall quite a lot of fun!

Second up was retro slasher THE SLEEPER.

Attachment 43878

Made in the mould of movies like grindhouse, hobo with a shotgun and house of the devil its shot as if it were an early 80's straight to video slasher flick. with music, camera moves and everything styled after the classics, plus it 'homages' quite a few other movies including Black christmas and don't answer the phone.

The plot is pretty simple, a hammer weilding nut-job is killing off a bunch of sorority girls inbetween sending pervy phone calls. That said simplicity was always one of the saving graces of the slasher movie. It's getting a rough ride on imdb, and ok, theres some dodgy acting but this ones worth checking out if you can find it. Only place i've seen is amazon.com.

Finally we watched alien apocalypse.

Bruce campbell killing sentient insects to free humanity, all on a sci-fi channel budget. Nuff said really, you'll either love it or hate it.