Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th September 2009 08:22 PM

Ah Good news at last mate!:clap:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th September 2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 41009)
Ah Good news at last mate!:clap:

Well here's hoping... :biggrin: As long as the Royal Mail don't cock it up that is! :rolleyes:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th September 2009 09:11 PM

Britain's finest mail company? Surely not?:rolleyes:

They should be renamed TRU.....

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th September 2009 09:14 PM

I just won the Amicus Collection Coffin Box off eBay! :woot:

Also splurged some serious dough on Chainsaw...

I bought:

- Anthropophagous 2000 - Red Edition - Laser Paradise
- Prison Of Hell (2 Disc Hardbox) - X-Rated Kult
- A Rebours (A selection of short films) - Cinema Abbatoir
- Torso - X-Rated Kult (FINALLY!!! - If they have it in stock that is... :eek:)
- Untot - Undead Unleashed (German Splatter :cool:;))

Philleh 10th September 2009 03:57 PM

Only reason to get the X-rated Kult release is for the soundtrack! :)

I've watched District 9... four times this week - I can whole heartedly recommend it! lol

mbv 10th September 2009 04:05 PM

Watched Invitation to Hell.
Didn't expect much from it at all but there's something very enjoyable about it! Some decent gore for a low budget.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 10th September 2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 41104)
Only reason to get the X-rated Kult release is for the soundtrack! :)

I've watched District 9... four times this week - I can whole heartedly recommend it! lol

Yeah the soundtrack is good. :cool: I'm trying to complete my X-Rated Kult Giallo collection as well though! ;)

Really want to see District 9 - I might go and see it this weekend and break my 'no cinema' rule! :popcorn:

Philleh 10th September 2009 04:46 PM

Ah, then you have every reason to get it! lol

D-9 is worth breaking that rule for matey! :)

Vampix 11th September 2009 10:26 AM

Recently re-watched Return of the Living Dead, still a great fun movie although it's definitely looking a little dated now.The tarman remains one of my all-time favourite movie zombies, James Karen, Clu Gulager & Don Calfa always make me chuckle.And, of course, there's always Linnea Quigley to drool over. :eyebrows:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 11th September 2009 11:32 AM

I had a VERY interesting triple bill last night round a mate's house. Starting off with the uber messed up and nightmarish Tetsuo - The Iron Man! I think I have worked out what it is actually about!!!!!!! Go me!

Then we watched Infestation since we both missed this at Frightfest. Very very entertaining but sadly nowhere near as great as Eight Legged Freaks but still a LOT of fun!

Then came my choice ;) Faces Of Death! This is one of the most powerful films I've EVER seen, and no matter how many times I see it, it scares the...sausages out of me! I know it's cheesy and basically ALL fake (luckily!) but the whole message behind it regarding the horrors of an inevitable death and the seemingly insignificance of life really disturbes me!

Playing Tetsuo and FOD back to back, over and over again, to a hostage or something in a small room, would make them go insane!