Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Rik 16th April 2012 05:22 PM

My tutor at college filled my 4gb usb stick with some films from his hard drive today. He's given me the August Underground Trilogy that he bought while in the US and the Ilsa Trilogy too. I'm gonna try and see how much of the AU films I can stomach, not usually my thing but I'm intrigued to know what all the fuss is about (he's already given me A Serbian Film, Murder Set Pieces and Grotesque, all of which weren't as bad as I expected)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th April 2012 05:46 PM

Wow, that's unusual viewing material to say the least!

Rik 16th April 2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 232487)
Wow, that's unusual viewing material to say the least!

Yeah, like I said, its not usually my thing but intrigues got the better of me, I doubt I'll make it all the way through the first film without turning it off and giving my eyeballs a good scrub

Nordicdusk 16th April 2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 232481)
My tutor at college filled my 4gb usb stick with some films from his hard drive today. He's given me the August Underground Trilogy that he bought while in the US and the Ilsa Trilogy too. I'm gonna try and see how much of the AU films I can stomach, not usually my thing but I'm intrigued to know what all the fuss is about (he's already given me A Serbian Film, Murder Set Pieces and Grotesque, all of which weren't as bad as I expected)

I have been on the verge many times of watching A Serbian Film put i always decide against it dont know if ill ever watch it.

Rik 16th April 2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 232502)
I have been on the verge many times of watching A Serbian Film put i always decide against it dont know if ill ever watch it.

Luckily, the version he gave me was slightly cut so the most notorious scenes were trimmed. Don't get me wrong, its still a nasty piece of work but, unlike some films of this type, it is well made. I'm not in any great rush to watch it again, or seek out an uncut copy either.

Nordicdusk 16th April 2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 232504)
Luckily, the version he gave me was slightly cut so the most notorious scenes were trimmed. Don't get me wrong, its still a nasty piece of work but, unlike some films of this type, it is well made. I'm not in any great rush to watch it again, or seek out an uncut copy either.

Yeah i have researched it to death on the internet. Everyone just says it stays with you for a while after watchin it.

Rik 16th April 2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 232506)
Yeah i have researched it to death on the internet. Everyone just says it stays with you for a while after watchin it.

Its certainly one of those instances when you wish you could un-see something. The only reason he has all these films is because we were talking about Horror films and he asked me if I knew of any 'sick' films that are banned over here that he might be able to pick up while in the US, so I gave him a list of the films mentioned on here that qualify. How he managed to buy them all without his devout Christian wife finding out, I've no idea (which is why they are stored on his portable hard drive)

Nordicdusk 16th April 2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 232507)
Its certainly one of those instances when you wish you could un-see something. The only reason he has all these films is because we were talking about Horror films and he asked me if I knew of any 'sick' films that are banned over here that he might be able to pick up while in the US, so I gave him a list of the films mentioned on here that qualify. How he managed to buy them all without his devout Christian wife finding out, I've no idea (which is why they are stored on his portable hard drive)

I cant see many women enjoying any of the above films.

James Morton 16th April 2012 06:45 PM

got the uncut dvd-r of A SERBIAN FILM and now they are releasing a complete and uncut version in the US in I think May
last time they chickened out and it was cut by a minute

Rik 16th April 2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 232514)
got the uncut dvd-r of A SERBIAN FILM and now they are releasing a complete and uncut version in the US in I think May
last time they chickened out and it was cut by a minute

My guess is that is the version I have then