Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Nordicdusk 24th May 2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 244558)
Id say yes,I think for a film made in 1971 it looks great,but im biased cos its all time fav,but it does look good.

A Clockwork Orange Blu-ray Malcolm McDowell

Cheers ill have to take the plunge ;)

Pete 24th May 2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 244541)
Stanley Kubrick's Clockwork Orange
Have'nt watched this for awhile so i thought id take out for a spin and abit of the old in-out

One of my all time favourites, perfect in every way.

Pete 24th May 2012 10:24 PM

Just watched DEMONS 2 for the first time since 2006 and it wasn't the turd I remembered it to be. It's no classic but I found it be a lot of fun this time around. BD looked excellent.

Demoncrat 25th May 2012 10:39 AM

Watched A Bay Of Blood, as mate hadn't seen this. Still a delight to view, and he loved the ending as well....;);)

fuzzymctiger 25th May 2012 11:09 AM

Finally finished Mulholland Dr. And what the :censored:? I have no idea what just happened. It was all normal, then they went to Club Silencio and shit got weird. The everything changed and got normal again, then it ended on an odd note.

Also watched Urban Legends: Bloody Mary. Let's just say it was a hell of a lot better than what I expected. A decent supernatural horror with the what was for me the most uncomfortable movie scene I've ever scene involving a pimple full of spiders.

PaulD 25th May 2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 244665)
Finally finished Mulholland Dr. And what the :censored:? I have no idea what just happened. It was all normal, then they went to Club Silencio and shit got weird. The everything changed and got normal again, then it ended on an odd note.

I love this film so very much. I'm off to see it at the cinema at 3am on Sunday morning; should be quite the experience!

fuzzymctiger 25th May 2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 244666)
I love this film so very much. I'm off to see it at the cinema at 3am on Sunday morning; should be quite the experience!

My local single screen has it on in July, a 35mm print as part of a David Lynch retrospective.

Also, I tried out the scene selection. You select the object, and it zooms in on it. You select it again, and it plays the movie form a frame with that object in it, so select a handbag and you start with a shot of a handbag, select the blue key, you start with the first shot of the blue key, etc.

Beyond72 25th May 2012 11:14 AM

Had the urge to watch A L I E N 1 - 3 over the last 3 nights for some reason.

Rhodes 25th May 2012 11:18 AM

that reason wouldnt be imminent prometheus would it?

James Morton 25th May 2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowFan (Post 244563)
Body Double is a personal favorite of mine, then again I was completely in love with Shelton. I think what tends to hurt Body Double to this day is that after the amazing resolution of the whole mystery we have that second ending that confused and angered so many. Technically and acting wise Body Double is a genuine masterpiece right up til then.

I was never confused the ending, some people are stupid!
Excellent erotic thriller from the master