Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

PaulD 26th December 2012 10:29 PM

The Dredd film was great. The 3D was unnecessary and rubbish. Yes, even the slo-mo scenes.

Hawkmonger 26th December 2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 306058)
The Dredd film was great. The 3D was unnecessary and rubbish. Yes, even the slo-mo scenes.

3D, some of the better examples of the technology. The slo-mo had a reason to the plot mind, and my, what a final kill.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th December 2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 306021)
What films have you seen recently?

Attachment 94709

Bet you know this one like the back of your hand.

Justin101 26th December 2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 306059)
3D, some of the better examples of the technology. The slo-mo had a reason to the plot mind, and my, what a final kill.

I do agree that the slo-mo was an important plot device, but it was way over the top and slightly annoying, however the scene near the start when Dredd and Anderson first take the gang hideout and the gang member POV is slow and Dredd's is real time was spectacular, just all the lashing of cgi blood flashing right in front of the screen did my head in :p

Saying that though, it made me want to get some of the 2000AD anthology books and learn more which is always a good indication.

Hawkmonger 26th December 2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 306062)
I do agree that the slo-mo was an important plot device, but it was way over the top and slightly annoying, however the scene near the start when Dredd and Anderson first take the gang hideout and the gang member POV is slow and Dredd's is real time was spectacular, just all the lashing of cgi blood flashing right in front of the screen did my head in :p

Saying that though, it made me want to get some of the 2000AD anthology books and learn more which is always a good indication.

Indeed, in 2D it's a disstraction, in 3D said scene is SPECTACULARE!

And if you want to get into 2KAD, the end of year issue is on the shelve's for another week. At 100+ page's it's a titan of a comic displaying the cream of the crop of great 2000AD. The Dredd is a nice, easy one to dive into as well, not to continuity heavy.

fuzzymctiger 26th December 2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 306047)
You watched them both IN ONE SITTING?! No man has done this and survived!

I was a very long sitting. With breaks.

I started with the second one, because I hadn't seen that yet, and recovered from the dissapointment of that with the awesome first.

PaulD 26th December 2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 306064)

Y'see, I thought the 3D was a distraction.

fuzzymctiger 26th December 2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 306064)

And if you want to get into 2KAD, the end of year issue is on the shelve's for another week. At 100+ page's it's a titan of a comic displaying the cream of the crop of great 2000AD. The Dredd is a nice, easy one to dive into as well, not to continuity heavy.

Just a fun fact, I'm not sure if it was just me, but when I was watching Labryinth earlier this year on the big screen, I could have sworn, that amongst the fantasy and fairy tales on her book shelf, there was a big book with 2000AD on the spine.

keirarts 27th December 2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by profondo rosso (Post 306037)

Would love see a remake of this! Classic futursitic sport and can not understand why it did not catch on? :tongue1: I would have a season ticket!

There IS a remake of this film and you most definately WOULD NOT want to see it... its f*****g dreadful!

VicDakin 27th December 2012 09:26 AM

Villain

Attachment 94716
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 306060)
Bet you know this one like the back of your hand.

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/atta...6&d=1356603899