Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd June 2021 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 653611)
Attachment 233751
KING KONG (1976) 3hr 15 min TV Version.

This is great. An hour of extra scenes added including more Kong!
As this was a TV version, as expected a few of the scenes have been trimmed. When Kong pushes down Jessica Lang's dress and the bloody bullet hits on Kong at the end.
So awesome to see movies like this. Maybe Shout Factory can release THE DEEP in It's 3 hr cut.
Awesome!

3hr's and 15 of that! Are you mad? :lol:

Clearly you are, wanting 3hrs of The Deep too. :pound:

Dave Boy 3rd June 2021 06:02 PM

Yeah, bring em on!
I've got the 3 hr cut of The Deep and it's awesome! :cool:

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd June 2021 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 653617)
Yeah, bring em on!
I've got the 3 hr cut of The Deep and it's awesome! :cool:

You'll be wanting The Island next. :lol:

Jaws was definitely a one off as far as Benchley was concerned.

MrBarlow 3rd June 2021 06:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Incredible Melting Man. 1977.

Astronaut Steve West returns from a ill-fated space voyage and begins to melt while slowly having murderous intentions.

This is by no means the greatest or superb horror flick from the 70s that has a B movie hallmark next to it, the acting is not great and the script maybe all over the place but you can't deny that Rick Baker did try to make the make-up effects look great with what budget that he was given, but it is one of those films to come back to every once in a while.

Attachment 233752

Dave Boy 3rd June 2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 653618)
You'll be wanting The Island next. :lol:

No chance.. although I have it one 2 reel selected scene Super 8mm for some bizarre reason. :wacko:

trebor8273 3rd June 2021 08:50 PM

Last Drive In The Changeling

Easily one of the best and most atmospheric and creepy haunted house films. This time Joe Bob is a little bit more informative with some interesting facts.

The Shed

17 old boy is living with his grandfather after the death of his parents , he along with his best friend and constantly bullied ,one day he finds out a vampire is trapped in his shed after his dog and grand pa are killed , he wants too destroy it but his best friend wants to use the vampire too get revenge on those who have made his life a misery ,it's sounds strange on paper and shouldn't work but some how it does , it's tense and the acting is decent.

Now watching The House of The Devil (Last Drive in)

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd June 2021 09:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015)

Look, just give Rebecca Ferguson's Ilsa Faust 00 status and be done with it already.

Even though i don't have Dolby ATMOS i can still play the track through my surround sound and my ears are ****ing ringing.

Superb movie.

Demoncrat 3rd June 2021 09:59 PM

Ferocious Female Fighters Part 2 (1982, Arizal)

Ahem.
A somewhat familiar premise finds us in Indo Ms 45 territory really. With more kicking and t'ing. :nod::nod::nod:
Possibly a gun for hire gig? Whatever it's providence, he puts his stamp firmly across it. He's not let me down yet, even if this was a tad more "romantic" than the rest ahem. :rolleyes::nod:

davcol 4th June 2021 11:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Spacehunter 1983
I have memories of watching this way back in the 80s on bbc2. It's your basic Star Wars rip off but don't be fooled its actually good fun. A bounty Hunter with debt issues arrives on a desert planet that looks suspicially like a western setting. He sets out with a couple of companions to rescue three glamour models from a half man half machine called Overdog.
Great fun.

bleakshaun 4th June 2021 06:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Been a while but recent viewings
Attachment 233778

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

MrBarlow 4th June 2021 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ABBY. 1974.

A marriage counselor Abby shows signs of strange behavior and soon it becomes clear she is possessed.

First came The Exorcist, Abby then Beyond The Door,this is a black exploitation of The Exorcist and like Beyond The Door it got sued by Warner Brothers but this was actually a decent film, ok it may have it's moments of being daft..who in their right mind would do a back seat of a car bunk up with a possessed woman. There is parts where it's funny and nowadays it is quite tame but back then when it was released it may have had a different effect on the audience, one i will happily return to watch.

Attachment 233782

Bringer Of Funerals 4th June 2021 08:48 PM

I am watching my 1st ever Argento film, the Arrow version of Stendahl Syndrome

gag 4th June 2021 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 653694)

What as in you’ve never seen a Argento film before ?

Or Stendahl syndrome was the first film you watched by him ?

Bringer Of Funerals 4th June 2021 09:02 PM

I've never seen an Argento film before and this is my 1st 1

iank 4th June 2021 09:17 PM

Mission Impossible. Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) is framed for treason and murder when his entire IMF team is apparently wiped out during an operation and, going on the run, takes extreme risks to prove his innocence and smoke out the real traitor. The original MI film remains a cool classic 25 years (God I'm old etc) on, filled with great set-pieces and helmed with typically assured class and flair by Brian De Palma. Classic. :nod:

gag 4th June 2021 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 653696)
I've never seen an Argento film before and this is my 1st 1

He made some brilliant and classic films,
suspiria, a recommended must watch
Four flies on grey velvet
Deep red
His debut Bird with the crystal plumage
Tenebre

And many more, his later films like Dracula giallo aren’t so good

A few are mixed reviews like card player, sleepless, but if you like stendhal syndrome then you’re in for some great films ahead then.

MrBarlow 4th June 2021 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 653702)
He made some brilliant and classic films,
suspiria, a recommended must watch
Four flies on grey velvet
Deep red
His debut Bird with the crystal plumage
Tenebre

And many more, his later films like Dracula giallo aren’t so good

A few are mixed reviews like card player, sleepless, but if you like stendhal syndrome then you’re in for some great films ahead then.

Do you not rate Opera and Phenomena as classic films?

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th June 2021 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 653704)
Do you not rate Opera and Phenomena as classic films?

Or Inferno (Which is my fave)

gag 4th June 2021 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 653708)
Or Inferno (Which is my fave)

Yes to them all I just mentioned a handful of films that’s all, hence why I said and many more.

MrBarlow 4th June 2021 10:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Grave Encounters 2. 2012.

A film student who is obsessed with the first movie, sets out to find what actually happened to the t.v. crew in the abandoned psychiatric hospital.

Why did I put myself through this one? it's amazing how so many people in the film are obsessed with a film yet only one gets cryptic clues sent to them. The crew go to the hospital and greeted by a security guard, things must be different in Canada for his line of work as he practically broke a few rules himself, if I done what he did I know i'd be sacked. We see Lance who at the end of the first film was labotmised yet he has made a miraculous recovery. All the so called jump scenes were done better in the first film.

Attachment 233783

Frankie Teardrop 5th June 2021 08:22 AM

MY DEAR KILLER – I had vague memories of the opening JCB decap, and of the more vicious circular saw murder later on, but nothing about ‘My Dear Killer’ seemed to have stuck from when I saw it in its ‘Shameless’ incarnation years ago. Watching it again on blu-ray, I was struck by the moody visuals and the latent claustrophobia, ironic for a film which makes good use of scope. ‘My Dear Killer’ suffers from an overly complex plotline that really does bog down the mid-section with numerous red-herrings and talky bits of exposition. But this labyrinthine narrative, which is also pretty mean-spirited in places, is enlivened by many arresting moments, literally in the case of the final scene, where the self-righteous detective guy goes around a drawing room and makes all the suspects stare at their reflections in a murdered child’s broken mirror! Agatha Christie this ain’t.

HELLRAISER: JUDGEMENT - I don’t know much about the ‘Hellraiser’ franchise, I kind of tuned out after the second sequel and I only bought this after reading Dem’s enthusiastic review from a while back. HJ turned out to be quite enjoyable, an impressive mingling of very standard DTV detective serial killer drama and a wholly unexpected strand of imagery that does actually aspire to a certain level of ‘Barkeresque’. Part exquisite grotesquery, part meat-and-potatoes, it’s a weird little feast for sure, but might whet your appetite if you like things that resemble cheap heavy metal videos from twenty years ago (I mean that as a compliment, it’s an underused aesthetic). In a way though, what tickled me most was all the cod-bureaucratic wrangling at the end between Pinhead and a representative from ‘The Other Side’. It just seemed a bit silly, not really the kind of ominousness I think the filmmakers might’ve been going for, but an interesting direction for the series to explore nonetheless. Actually, credit to those involved, the ultimate fate of Pinhead in this is pithy and slightly profound.

XTRO 3 – The original ‘Xtro’ is a bit of a high watermark of gonzo cinema for me, so it’s inevitable that its sequels must fall short in some way. ‘Xtro 3’ falls quite a distance in that regard, actually. Instead of a dream-distorted bad British soap-opera with spurts of body horror, we have a standard nineties DTV-type exercise wherein some military reprobates have been sent to an island serve as a feint for an internal cover-up operation (the ‘covered-up thing’ in question being an angry alien who’s been kicking off due to a Roswell-style drubbing he once received courtesy of high command.) It could all be quite so-so, and to an extent it is, but for those able to overlook a slight initial drag factor there’s actually plenty to entertain, from some nicely gooey special effects to bizarre bits like the one where a character gets stuck in a cocoon, only to be randomly menaced by said angry alien. Not ‘Xtro’, but quite a good laugh when all’s said and done.

THE CELLAR – Kevin Tenney gave most of us fond memories with films such as ‘Night Of The Demons’. ‘The Cellar’ is a monster movie with a backdrop that’s a couple of steps removed from that hoary eighties trope, ‘house built on a native American burial ground’, but is still generous enough to make room for another overused idea, ‘the kid who no-one believes because he keeps bollocking on about monsters in cellars’. As much as I wanted to enjoy ‘The Cellar’, I found I needed a lot of patience to get through it; something in the atmosphere wasn’t working. The appearance at the end of a charming monster didn’t quite make up for all the moments of drag and non-engagement. A bit of a wasted opportunity, although eighties die-hards will probably want it.

GRAVE SECRETS – Interesting to see a few ‘actors of arguable talent’ (Paul Le Mat, Renee Soutendijk, David Warner) slumming it in ‘Grave Secrets’, a film with a distinct direct-to-video-at-the-fag-end-of-the-eighties vibe. Le Mat is a fairly unrealistic university-based ghost hunter who sets out to unravel the mystery of Renee’s haunted B&B. The backstory that eventually emerges has a surprisingly grim tinge and gives occasion for a semi-transparent ghost effect to stumble around a room with menacing intent, so points on for all that. Elsewhere, there may not be much gore or horror jiggery-pokery, but there are computers with blocky graphics, along with other endearing period distractions. I enjoyed it, although I would have preferred that enjoyment to have come in the form of a two quid second hand dvd rather than an expensive boutique blu ray.

THE FRENCH SEX MURDERS – I remember this from ages ago. Now it’s back, lovingly refurbished on blu-ray, a film with an unbeatable pitch – it’s a giallo featuring a Humphrey Bogart impersonator! Nothing is actually made of this within the universe of the movie itself, where HB goes around investigating some ‘French Sex Murders’ as if he’s the most obvious plot device in the world. He’s not even in it very much, just dips in and out – all of which kind of sets the tone of ‘The French Sex Murders’, an exercise in continental randomness that couldn’t be made this side of the seventies. Psychedelic murders with filtered visuals, obligatory sleaze and a bit of gore in a brothel, and the ludicrous decapitation of a motorcyclist (which in turn spawns an equally ludicrous subplot involving the experiments of sinister pathologist Howard Vernon) all feature. Given the above, I was disappointed when the usual giallo-related drag factors (uninvolving procedural etc etc etc) blunted the wacky edges a little, but still, ‘The French Sex Murders’ is a charmingly nutty product of its time.

Bringer Of Funerals 5th June 2021 09:22 AM

I have a few Argento films on Arrow Blu

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th June 2021 09:44 AM

Another enjoyable Saturday breakfast read, Frankie. :thankingyou:

davcol 5th June 2021 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 653694)

Probably his last good film. I enjoyed Deep Red, Bird with the Crystal plumage, Suspiria, Tenebrae and Inferno as well.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th June 2021 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davcol (Post 653744)
Probably his last good film. I enjoyed Deep Red, Bird with the Crystal plumage, Suspiria, Tenebrae and Inferno as well.

Don't you rate Opera or Four Flies?

davcol 5th June 2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 653749)
Don't you rate Opera or Four Flies?

Four Flies is ok as well. Didn't rate Cat O 9 tails, Phenomena or Opera but it's been 10 years since I watched them. I had seen Deep Red when it was on Film4 many years ago and then binge watched all the rest on that old Lovefilm app. I'm envious of people who are watching these classics for the first time. Like yourself Inferno is my favourite.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th June 2021 04:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Watched The Empire Strikes Back a couple of times since i got the Blu-Ray set yesterday.

Unlike Star Wars, the Lucas tweeks don't actually detract from the movie but add to it. The Hoth battle and Bespin Cloud City look so much more realistic.

Seeing it in HD was a bit of a revelation, confirming it's position as my second favourite film of all time. The image quality is crystal clear and the surround sound simply phenomenal.

Justin101 5th June 2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 653752)
Watched The Empire Strikes Back a couple of times since i got the Blu-Ray set yesterday.

Unlike Star Wars, the Lucas tweeks don't actually detract from the movie but add to it. The Hoth battle and Bespin Cloud City look so much more realistic.

Seeing it in HD was a bit of a revelation, confirming it's position as my second favourite film of all time. The image quality is crystal clear and the surround sound simply phenomenal.

I agree, the scenes in Cloud City are much better now (in my opinion), Empire gets the best treatment (fiddling), Jedi faring the worst of the original three with an entirely unnecessary CGI cabaret act in Jabba's lair...

Justin101 5th June 2021 04:51 PM

Once Upon A Time... In Hollywood (2019)

First time watch... awesome! I loved the perversion of the famous Manson Family story! Having recently read Helter Skelter I got quite a kick out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqjdtUn9lKo

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th June 2021 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 653756)
Once Upon A Time... In Hollywood (2019)

First time watch... awesome! I loved the perversion of the famous Manson Family story! Having recently read Helter Skelter I got quite a kick out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqjdtUn9lKo

When i listened to the album for the first time this week Buffy Sainte-Marie was the standout song for me.

Justin101 5th June 2021 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 653759)
When i listened to the album for the first time this week Buffy Sainte-Marie was the standout song for me.

I've never heard her before in all honesty, but she's singing one of my absolute favourite Joni Mitchell songs so I had to post it. Upon looking into it though, I think it's another case of Joni writing a song for someone else before recording her own version like she did with Judy Collins and 'Both Side Now'

I also loved all of the Laurel Canyon nods in the Tarantino film as well, including a little cameo of Mama Cass and the name drop of Dennis Wilson, with whom Charles Manson lived with for a little while with some of his girls.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th June 2021 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 653765)
I've never heard her before in all honesty, but she's singing one of my absolute favourite Joni Mitchell songs so I had to post it. Upon looking into it though, I think it's another case of Joni writing a song for someone else before recording her own version like she did with Judy Collins and 'Both Side Now'

I also loved all of the Laurel Canyon nods in the Tarantino film as well, including a little cameo of Mama Cass and the name drop of Dennis Wilson, with whom Charles Manson lived with for a little while with some of his girls.

Yeah, me too. It was like little easter eggs just for me as i'd read a couple of books on the music from the Canyons in the past year.

Oh, and, I'd never heard Buffy before either. :lol:

Demoncrat 5th June 2021 06:56 PM

52 Pick-up (1986, John Frankenheimer)

Cannon does Elmore.
Roy Scheider and Ann-Margret are married.
But Roy's been a tad silly, so a trio of quirksome individuals have taken advantage of this and now want some money. I've read a fair few of EL's crime novels, and they are all littered with these rather flamboyant creations tbh. Plus it's the Go Go boys .... so it's not PG ahem.
Jon Glover's finest hour?? Hmmmm ....

MrBarlow 5th June 2021 07:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
American Yakuza. 1993.

Nick Davies saves the life of a Japanese businessman unaware he is part of a Japanese Mafia and slowly earns their respect and joins them. While a war rages between the Japanese and American mafia, Nick is keeping a secret from his new family.

This was a decent low grade action flick starring Viggo Mortensen in one of his early leading roles before kicking a helmet in L.O.T.R movie and breaking his toe. The Hidden and Flash dance star Michael Nouri stars as the Italian/American gangster and able to pull off a decent role. American/Japanese star Ryo Ishibashi stars as the man who introduces Nick the the world of the Yakuza. There is some small action and fight sequences, from the early 90s the film was enjoyable to watch.

Attachment 233795

Demoncrat 5th June 2021 09:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Stabilizer (1986, Arizal)

Peter O'Brien stars again as our titular mullet wearer, and what a mane it is. Nearly worth a review on it's own, I will just say that there is one shot that you could show to someone and say "this was the Eighties ... "
Ahem.
A work of art doesn't have to be conventionally pleasing in such piffling terms as beauty or representation IMHO.
Some naughty types want to corner a particular market. Our man has other ideas. A mosiac of mayhem ensues. Recommended.

Demoncrat 5th June 2021 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 653729)
MY DEAR KILLER – I had vague memories of the opening JCB decap, and of the more vicious circular saw murder later on, but nothing about ‘My Dear Killer’ seemed to have stuck from when I saw it in its ‘Shameless’ incarnation years ago. Watching it again on blu-ray, I was struck by the moody visuals and the latent claustrophobia, ironic for a film which makes good use of scope. ‘My Dear Killer’ suffers from an overly complex plotline that really does bog down the mid-section with numerous red-herrings and talky bits of exposition. But this labyrinthine narrative, which is also pretty mean-spirited in places, is enlivened by many arresting moments, literally in the case of the final scene, where the self-righteous detective guy goes around a drawing room and makes all the suspects stare at their reflections in a murdered child’s broken mirror! Agatha Christie this ain’t.

HELLRAISER: JUDGEMENT - I don’t know much about the ‘Hellraiser’ franchise, I kind of tuned out after the second sequel and I only bought this after reading Dem’s enthusiastic review from a while back. HJ turned out to be quite enjoyable, an impressive mingling of very standard DTV detective serial killer drama and a wholly unexpected strand of imagery that does actually aspire to a certain level of ‘Barkeresque’. Part exquisite grotesquery, part meat-and-potatoes, it’s a weird little feast for sure, but might whet your appetite if you like things that resemble cheap heavy metal videos from twenty years ago (I mean that as a compliment, it’s an underused aesthetic). In a way though, what tickled me most was all the cod-bureaucratic wrangling at the end between Pinhead and a representative from ‘The Other Side’. It just seemed a bit silly, not really the kind of ominousness I think the filmmakers might’ve been going for, but an interesting direction for the series to explore nonetheless. Actually, credit to those involved, the ultimate fate of Pinhead in this is pithy and slightly profound.

XTRO 3 – The original ‘Xtro’ is a bit of a high watermark of gonzo cinema for me, so it’s inevitable that its sequels must fall short in some way. ‘Xtro 3’ falls quite a distance in that regard, actually. Instead of a dream-distorted bad British soap-opera with spurts of body horror, we have a standard nineties DTV-type exercise wherein some military reprobates have been sent to an island serve as a feint for an internal cover-up operation (the ‘covered-up thing’ in question being an angry alien who’s been kicking off due to a Roswell-style drubbing he once received courtesy of high command.) It could all be quite so-so, and to an extent it is, but for those able to overlook a slight initial drag factor there’s actually plenty to entertain, from some nicely gooey special effects to bizarre bits like the one where a character gets stuck in a cocoon, only to be randomly menaced by said angry alien. Not ‘Xtro’, but quite a good laugh when all’s said and done.

THE CELLAR – Kevin Tenney gave most of us fond memories with films such as ‘Night Of The Demons’. ‘The Cellar’ is a monster movie with a backdrop that’s a couple of steps removed from that hoary eighties trope, ‘house built on a native American burial ground’, but is still generous enough to make room for another overused idea, ‘the kid who no-one believes because he keeps bollocking on about monsters in cellars’. As much as I wanted to enjoy ‘The Cellar’, I found I needed a lot of patience to get through it; something in the atmosphere wasn’t working. The appearance at the end of a charming monster didn’t quite make up for all the moments of drag and non-engagement. A bit of a wasted opportunity, although eighties die-hards will probably want it.

GRAVE SECRETS – Interesting to see a few ‘actors of arguable talent’ (Paul Le Mat, Renee Soutendijk, David Warner) slumming it in ‘Grave Secrets’, a film with a distinct direct-to-video-at-the-fag-end-of-the-eighties vibe. Le Mat is a fairly unrealistic university-based ghost hunter who sets out to unravel the mystery of Renee’s haunted B&B. The backstory that eventually emerges has a surprisingly grim tinge and gives occasion for a semi-transparent ghost effect to stumble around a room with menacing intent, so points on for all that. Elsewhere, there may not be much gore or horror jiggery-pokery, but there are computers with blocky graphics, along with other endearing period distractions. I enjoyed it, although I would have preferred that enjoyment to have come in the form of a two quid second hand dvd rather than an expensive boutique blu ray.

THE FRENCH SEX MURDERS – I remember this from ages ago. Now it’s back, lovingly refurbished on blu-ray, a film with an unbeatable pitch – it’s a giallo featuring a Humphrey Bogart impersonator! Nothing is actually made of this within the universe of the movie itself, where HB goes around investigating some ‘French Sex Murders’ as if he’s the most obvious plot device in the world. He’s not even in it very much, just dips in and out – all of which kind of sets the tone of ‘The French Sex Murders’, an exercise in continental randomness that couldn’t be made this side of the seventies. Psychedelic murders with filtered visuals, obligatory sleaze and a bit of gore in a brothel, and the ludicrous decapitation of a motorcyclist (which in turn spawns an equally ludicrous subplot involving the experiments of sinister pathologist Howard Vernon) all feature. Given the above, I was disappointed when the usual giallo-related drag factors (uninvolving procedural etc etc etc) blunted the wacky edges a little, but still, ‘The French Sex Murders’ is a charmingly nutty product of its time.

As always ....

Digging out TFSM as I remember little and that review just hits my spot sir ... :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th June 2021 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 653776)
52 Pick-up (1986, John Frankenheimer)

Jon Glover's finest hour?? Hmmmm ....

Smallville for me. He was a star in that as Lionel Luther.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th June 2021 09:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Return of the Jedi (1983)

Look i couldn't just watch Empire with THAT ending, i had to know what happened next so Return of the Jedi it was.

As Justin alluded to earlier, the Lucas ****ing about does take something away from this film, mainly in the opening third, in fact the whole Jabba's palace act felt like it was from a different universe to what had gone before in The Empire Strikes Back, from it's extended band sequence to the burping Sarlacc pitt, it strained credibility a little.

However it really picks up during acts II and III with the space assault on the new Death Star, the battle on Endor and Luke coming face to face with the Emperor, and as usual my spine tingled as Darth Vader saved his son by killing the Emperor.

One or two sequences made me smile as usual. Luke asking Obi Wan's spirit why he never told him when he was alive that Vader was his father. Naturally Obi Wan replies with some convoluted bullshit when what he meant to say was "George had no idea his first space opera would become the global phenomenon that it did, spawning two sequels that had absolutely zero storyline at the time the first film was released".

Incidentally as i was searching for the poster to finish this post with i noticed a load of Return of the Jedi related questions on Google. Clicking on them expanded the question with an answer.... A question that appeared to have been written by a brain dead dickhead answered by another brain dead dickhead.

Why are Ewoks hated?

People hate Ewoks because people think they're ugly and have stupid stuff about them that it it is weird that they were loved when the movie first came out, now porgs have overtook them in fan-reception, people have grown to despise the Ewoks

gag 6th June 2021 09:05 AM

Not seen yet, but going to see a Quiet place II this afternoon,
Meant to have gone yesterday but a friend turned up, conjuring 3 has beat a quiet place at box office.
https://www.variety.com/2021/film/bo...ce-1234989351/

Ps never seen a single film in the conjuring universe.

Justin101 6th June 2021 09:51 AM

I'm going on the record with this hot take. I like Ewoks :lol:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._W_Warrick.png

Edit, just found this EPIC depiction of the fandom's hatred of Ewoks, this picture is called Porg Vs Ewok :D

https://cdn.drawception.com/images/p...FEY4c7tb-2.png