Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Graveyard 17th January 2023 10:05 PM

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/--...-316277855.jpg

Because I didn't want to get banned from the forum, decided to watch Jason X

Just to say to @MrBarlow, I was right Jason goes to Hell is still the worst :pound:

Jason X it's just plain stupid, but you are still able to laugh, to all the non sense and the special effects made on MS Paint.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th January 2023 10:12 PM

Where did you dig up that terrible artwork, Graveyard. It's hideous.

nosferatu42 17th January 2023 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 680906)
You wouldn't be if you had to keep them polished.

Balls are easy to polish, try polishing a non spherical object, anything with inlets/outlets, objet d'art, a dead body.

Should think yerself lucky...

:behindsofa:

Graveyard 17th January 2023 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 680908)
Where did you dig up that terrible artwork, Graveyard. It's hideous.

Ghana poster, I thought was suitable for the movie.. :lol:

MrBarlow 17th January 2023 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graveyard (Post 680907)
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/--...-316277855.jpg

Because I didn't want to get banned from the forum, decided to watch Jason X

Just to say to @MrBarlow, I was right Jason goes to Hell is still the worst :pound:

Jason X it's just plain stupid, but you are still able to laugh, to all the non sense and the special effects made on MS Paint.

At least you managed to sit through it in one go Graveyard.

MrBarlow 18th January 2023 01:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Buried Alive. 1989.

At a all girls school, someone in a Ronald Reagan mask is preying on the girls. A new teacher who is troubled by visions tries to convince the headmaster and doctor that the girls aren't missing but dead.

We got Robert Vaughn as a headmaster for a all girls school, Donald Pleasence as the on board doctor, John Carradine in his last film (filmed in 87 but was released two years after his death) playboy girl Karen Witter as the new teacher and Ginger Lynn who i didn't recognise as she had her clothes on till she went topless. Based on the story by Edgar Allen Poe which strays away from the source does have its moments of being good but can fall.flat at times, yet its not the best slasher film it was entertaining.

Attachment 244361

Demoncrat 18th January 2023 04:41 PM

Orphan: First Kill (2022, William Brent Bell)

Prequel. When a family think their missing child has been found they push the boat out. Pity they've invited a cuckoo into their nest ....
Had fun with this one. They just go for it this time tbh.
Recommended for the undemanding sort. :nod:

High Desert Kill (1989, Harry Falk)

TVM. When a group of friends go hunting in tribute to a fallen friend, they get more than they bargained for ...
Have always liked this one. They do not spoonfeed you anything.
Chuck Connors does grizzled standing on his head ahem.

trebor8273 18th January 2023 07:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl0mJKF_o78

A holiday slasher this time taking place on interdependence day, a soilders body is shipped back home, but he comes back as a zombie killing those he finds unpatriotic. Some ok kills but that was about it, most the characters were unlikabe. It did remind me of manic cop which is not surprising as it's the same director.

Now watching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7tpfLV4-TQ

nicholasrope 19th January 2023 08:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Christiane F.

Based on the True Story of a 13 year old girl in Berlin who becomes hooked on Drugs and ends up as a Prostitute.

It's inappropriate to say that I enjoyed this Movie given it's subject nature but it's a brilliantly executed shot with excellent direction and acting.

I think it helps being German with English Subtitles because I believe that it is able to get away with graphic scenes of drug use but thankfully the Prostitution Storyline is brief. David Bowie Concert Footage is used as is some of his Songs.

This is an uncomfortable watch but it's realism should be used as a Anti-Drugs Message.

I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Biopic of Whitney Houston's rise and issues off stage. Don't think that they sugarcoated anything but compared to recent Music Biopics, it didn't hit the mark for me. Stanly Tucci was rather good though.

Lyle Lyle Crocodile

Story of a Singing Crocodile and his exploits. For a Family Film, it's rather good, not as annoying as you might think.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th January 2023 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholasrope (Post 680971)

Lyle Lyle Crocodile

Story of a Singing Crocodile and his exploits. For a Family Film, it's rather good, not as annoying as you might think.

No it is. I can tell from the title and poster. :lol:

Demoncrat 19th January 2023 10:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Superbeast (1972, Glen Schenck)

The poster sold me. What I got was a Phillipino production (hello Vic Daz!!!) :nod::rolleyes::lol:
A bint wants answers, what she finds is less than desultory. A bit flat was this one, though it was quite crazed on a dull level tbh :rolleyes::lol:

Ahem.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th January 2023 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Monster Club (1981)

A final throw of the dice from Amicus kingpin Milton Subotsky. Although not an Amicus production, that company's and Subotsky's finger prints are all over it, sadly this anthology is a mere imitation of what came before. It was however something i enjoyed more second time around via the beautiful looking Network Blu-ray than i did when i saw it for the first time via dvd some five years back.

The wraparound story with Vincent Price as a vampire (the only time he played one) and John Carradine as author R. Chetwynd-Hayes is amusing but slight whilst the Monster Club setting only needed Christopher Lee in his horrendous Howling II shades and the all singing all dancing nightmare would be complete.

Of the three tales on offer The Shadmock, The Vampires and The Ghouls, only the latter shows any frightful promise as movie director Stuart Whitman scouts locations and comes across a small isolated village, reminiscent of City of the Dead's Whitewood. This is the only story told with any horrific verve although it has to be said the bureaucratic vampire killers - Donald Pleasence, Anthony Valentine and Neil McCarthy - are a delightful comedy team throughout the middle story. First offering The Shadmock is instantly forgettable other than the rotting corpse style payoff.

Undemanding fun.

MrBarlow 20th January 2023 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 680999)
The Monster Club (1981)

A final throw of the dice from Amicus kingpin Milton Subotsky. Although not an Amicus production, that company's and Subotsky's finger prints are all over it, sadly this anthology is a mere imitation of what came before. It was however something i enjoyed more second time around via the beautiful looking Network Blu-ray than i did when i saw it for the first time via dvd some five years back.

The wraparound story with Vincent Price as a vampire (the only time he played one) and John Carradine as author R. Chetwynd-Hayes is amusing but slight whilst the Monster Club setting only needed Christopher Lee in his horrendous Howling II shades and the all singing all dancing nightmare would be complete.

Of the three tales on offer The Shadmock, The Vampires and The Ghouls, only the latter shows any frightful promise as movie director Stuart Whitman scouts locations and comes across a small isolated village, reminiscent of City of the Dead's Whitewood. This is the only story told with any horrific verve although it has to be said the bureaucratic vampire killers - Donald Pleasence, Anthony Valentine and Neil McCarthy - are a delightful comedy team throughout the middle story. First offering The Shadmock is instantly forgettable other than the rotting corpse style payoff.

Undemanding fun.

One of those movies that's a guilty pleasure, The Shadmock is not the best story in this for me.

MrBarlow 20th January 2023 10:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
V/H/S/ 99. 2022.

Shredding.
A punk band head into a abandoned building where a band disappeared only to realise they may not be alone.

Suicide Bid.
A girl wants to join a sorority and for her initiation she has to spend the night in a cemetery while lying in a coffin.

Ozzy's Dungeon.
After a girl is badly injured on a game show, her family kidnap the host which their plans take a sinister turn when they go back to the studio.

The Gawkers.
A group of teens spying on the new female neighbour, when one of them sets up her webcam and installs a spyware programme they discover something darker about her.

To Hell And Back.
Two filmmakers are asked to document a ritual on the eve of the Y2K are transported to help and try to find a way back.

This was a bit better than the previous release V/H/S/ film there is two stories I feel were decent, for the last story although it seemed interesting, the good thing about it was it's depiction of Hell and make up. The Gawkers took a turn that I wasn't expecting, Suicide Bid seemed to copy one or two phrases from a 90s horror film that kind of made me laugh. Think now is the time to put this franchise to sleep.

Attachment 244407

J Harker 20th January 2023 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 680999)
The Monster Club (1981)

Undemanding fun.

Good review Dem. I rather enjoyed The Monster Club the first time I watched it back in October. The last story is easily the best.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

J Harker 20th January 2023 11:00 PM

Dracula. Tod Browning. 1931.

I have to confess, this is only the second time I've watched this version of the classic story. I think if truth be told the last time, about 2001, I just wasn't that taken with it. It was a little on the dull side next to Whales classics Frankenstein or The Invisible Man.
This time around I was far more engaged, thoroughly appreciating it for the original gothic horror it is. Sadly its a film I think suffers under the weight of its own iconic status, difficult to watch today without thinking of the Count from Sesame Street or other silly spoof representations. Its a great shame because Brownings film if one remembers to watch it with context in mind is so gothic it hurts. Mist and fog and eerie scenes abound. Old crumbling castles or the ruins of Carfax Abbey give a wonderful sense of place and I feel help massively in taking the film away from the more stagey aspects.
Elements of the film are also much darker and nastier than I remembered. For the era at least.
Lugosi is a horror star I have a lot of time for but have never viewed in the same light as his contemporary Karloff. Here he excels, if one remembers he hasn't done a load of later poverty row pictures or gloriously silly Ed Wood projects.
While it won't replace Frankenstein as my favourite Universal Horror, yes unlike many I prefer Whale's original. I had a great time with Dracula a few nights ago now viewed through older wearier eyes. I look forward to revisiting sooner rather than later.

Demoncrat 21st January 2023 01:40 AM

Dr Otto And The Riddle Of The Gloom Beam (1985, John Cherry)

Jim Varney stars as the titular character. And then some. An oddity. Part MTV, part stop motion, part bonkers. Good versus evil in the shape of two chaps whom were born on the same day what what. Ahem. Elements of this film find a home finally in today's climate.
JV invents Ernest at the end and all :lol:

Frankie Teardrop 21st January 2023 01:33 PM

FACELESS – Awful Parisian nightclubs in the late nineteen eighties, Bridget Lahai getting stabby with a syringe and someone else’s eye, Anton Diffring moaning about The French, some brute finishing a chainsaw decap with a morbid kiss… none of these snapshots captures the wonky essence of ‘Faceless’, which manages to be badly off-centre whilst seeming, for Franco, somehow quite digestible. Mainstream? Franco? Frankie, are you sure you’ve got it right? The theme song, done by a terrible George Michael impersonator, gives evidence for both sides of the argument. “Destination nowhere…” Exactly. I always enjoy revisiting this piece of cockeyed tat, and the newish Severin blu ray looks very nice.

THE DRONE – Said drone is the favoured tool of a serial killer who, struck by lightning, undergoes a B movie mandated transference of souls and ends up with a shiny new body to hover around in. I bet loads of people fantasise about being drones and remote-controlled aeroplanes, they just don’t let on about it. ‘The Drone’ is quite odd in some ways, one which seems to qualify its relentless and impossible-not-to-acknowledge-silliness with a tone of equally incessant deadpan. Personally, I thought it was hilarious, but I kept wishing it’d just go for it. A few notches of bad taste short of ‘weird new anti-classic’ status, but as it is it’s worth a watch.

COLD SKIN – Xavier Gens was known for his French New Wave Of Pseudo-Transgressive Splatter offering ‘Frontiere(s)’, basically a ‘Hostel’-era take on the whole backwoods Nazi cannibal thing, a perennial problem near the Franco-Belgian border I’m led to believe. ‘Cold Skin’ is different, a relatively subdued take on otherness, isolation and madness set on an island whose inhabitants include two men and some worrying amphibians. I would say that it’s another one that nods towards old HPL, but apparently it’s an adaption of a novel by Albert Pinol. It does well with an atmosphere of craggy desolation, and it’s interesting that it predates some aspects of the more widely regarded ‘The Lighthouse’.

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st January 2023 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 681013)

COLD SKIN – Xavier Gens was known for his French New Wave Of Pseudo-Transgressive Splatter offering ‘Frontiere(s)’, basically a ‘Hostel’-era take on the whole backwoods Nazi cannibal thing, a perennial problem near the Franco-Belgian border I’m led to believe. ‘Cold Skin’ is different, a relatively subdued take on otherness, isolation and madness set on an island whose inhabitants include two men and some worrying amphibians. I would say that it’s another one that nods towards old HPL, but apparently it’s an adaption of a novel by Albert Pinol. It does well with an atmosphere of craggy desolation, and it’s interesting that it predates some aspects of the more widely regarded ‘The Lighthouse’.

I really like Cold Skin. Way better than The Lighthouse if you ask me.

Nordicdusk 21st January 2023 04:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 244410

A professor of anthropology with an obsession with a string of violent murders takes a group of his students into the woods to try and uncover the truth. Many claim that the murders have been carried out by a beast of demon who the locals claim is actually Bigfoot after tracks are discovered in all the locations of the murders. What they discover is even more disturbing.

Just added this to a long long list of why has it taken me so long to see this film. I loved every minute of this the atmosphere is spot on and the kills are very violent and very grusome and they all look great. It love when we get to see plenty of a creature in a film rather than just glimpses or something in the shadows this Bigfoot isn't one big shit but if I was as ripped and had such a beautiful mane of hair as him I'd be parading around in plain sight all the time too :lol:.

Some of the acting is questionable but it's never distracting or annoying plus in this case it adds to the overall feel of the film so it really worked in the films favour for me keeping it feeling realistic and gritty like the people are real people out in the woods rather than a group of actors.

Very entertaining and quite disturbing when you really think about it.

Recommended.

J Harker 21st January 2023 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 681014)
I really like Cold Skin. Way better than The Lighthouse if you ask me.

Totally agree, Cold Skin was a decent if not extraordinary watch. The Lighthouse was just lobbucks

MrBarlow 21st January 2023 09:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pound Of Flesh. 2015.

Van Damme shows he can still be a lead actor in this solid B direct to video movie. Here he travels to Beijing to donate a kidney to his niece, only to wake up and someone has stolen it. Naturally anyone would be upset but our hero is a ex soldier and teamed with a old friend and his brother to track down those who stole it.

The fight scenes are decent in this even though I do wonder if there was a double in some of them, Darren Shahlvavei who plays the main bad guy manages to keep the pace going with the finale and unfortunately passed away just after making this film. This is worth a watch.

Attachment 244417

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st January 2023 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 681025)
Pound Of Flesh. 2015.

Van Damme shows he can still be a lead actor in this solid B direct to video movie. Here he travels to Beijing to donate a kidney to his niece, only to wake up and someone has stolen it. Naturally anyone would be upset but our hero is a ex soldier and teamed with a old friend and his brother to track down those who stole it.

The fight scenes are decent in this even though I do wonder if there was a double in some of them, Darren Shahlvavei who plays the main bad guy manages to keep the pace going with the finale and unfortunately passed away just after making this film. This is worth a watch.

Attachment 244417

Love this.

Especially the fact that minutes after Van Damme wakes up with a wound in his side realising he's missing a kidney that he's running down the street leaping over cars.

MrBarlow 21st January 2023 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 681026)
Love this.

Especially the fact that minutes after Van Damme wakes up with a wound in his side realising he's missing a kidney that he's running down the street leaping over cars.

He does move well after having a major organ removed :pound:

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd January 2023 03:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The African Queen (1951)

Based on the novel by C.S. Forester, this adventure classic is all the more remarkable given that director John Huston's mind and more often than not his body as well were not particularly invested in making the film. See Clint Eastwood's excellent 1990 film White Hunter, Black Heart for the story behind the filming.

Somehow though Huston and stars Humphrey Bogart and Katharine Hepburn came up with an adventure yarn that is superb to this day. It's a fairly straightforward story of an English teacher forced to flee an African settlement when German colonial troops ransack it and kill her brother Robert Morley. She does this by hooking up with Charlie Allnut (Bogart) and they escape on his small steamboat The African Queen. It's not long before the two concoct a plan to turn the boat into a torpedo in a crazy bid to destroy a German gunboat preventing the British attacking at a lake at the mouth of the river.

The two stars are both excellent even though neither weren't particularly well. Hepburn from illness she picked up filming and Bogart with his health generally deteriorating (He died six years later aged just 57) although he proudly boasted that he and Huston were the only ones of the cast and crew to escape dysentery because they drank whisky rather than the local water. And yet their undeniable chemistry holds the whole film together. Hepburn gives off an air of sexiness that's not really present in too many of her other films whilst Bogart seemingly doesn't give a damn and gets on with it in a role many younger actors would have struggled with. Their bickering which turns into romance is believable and a huge part of why this is such a well loved film.

Filmed on location in Uganda and the Congo, it was clearly a grueling shoot and it's noticeable that the filming under the water was done in England but it all adds to the brilliant escapism, as does the thrilling plot to destroy the German war ship which for all intents and purposes would have turned the two stars into suicide bombers given that the plan was to ram the warship with the African Queen laden with home made torpedoes. It's not a spoiler to say this isn't how the film ends with their deaths.

Seventy years on, The African Queen remains a beautifully acted, scripted and shot film enhanced by the Eureka Blu-ray i saw last night which made the film seem like a first time viewing all over again.

MrBarlow 22nd January 2023 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mark Of The Witch. 1970.

A witch that was hanged at the gallows returns 300 years later for revenge on the decendants

Why do we love these old low budget films? This one does shows why you shouldn't read from a strange old book as you never know who or what you may summon. This does have its flaws and one or two noticeable goofs but to be honest aside from some wooden acting I found this enjoyable.

Attachment 244421

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd January 2023 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 681034)
Mark Of The Witch. 1970.

A witch that was hanged at the gallows returns 300 years later for revenge on the decendants

Why do we love these old low budget films? This one does shows why you shouldn't read from a strangle old book as you never know who or what you may summon. This does have its flaws and one or two noticeable goofs but to be honest aside from some wooden acting I found this enjoyable.

Attachment 244421

Well? Was she?

MrBarlow 22nd January 2023 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 681036)
Well? Was she?

Well Anitra Walsh would have been a sweet little something to summon up

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd January 2023 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 681036)
Well? Was she?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 681038)
Well Anitra Walsh would have been a sweet little something to summon up

You missed my point.

Was she an innocent co-ed or the bride of the devil? :lol:

MrBarlow 22nd January 2023 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 681039)
You missed my point.

Was she an innocent co-ed or the bride of the devil? :lol:

Both :pound: Jill (Anitra Walsh) can show she can be sweet and innocent one minute then a good vixen the next, just a shame she died at a young age though.

trebor8273 22nd January 2023 07:40 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7tpfLV4-TQ

A retired inspector (Bale) is approached to investigate a murder of a cadet at a military academy, the cadet was found hanged and had his hart removed , he is joined in his investigation by a young Edgar Allan Poe.

It's a bit of a slow burn but is worth a watch as the acting is good and has a good cast which included Gillian Anderson , Robert Duvall, Timothy Spall and Toby Jones , the suprise was the actor playing Poe , Harry Melling who's best knowing for playing Dudley Dursley in the Harry potter movies , also he's the grandson of the second Doctor, Patrick Troughton!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLizS5GFBQI

I'm not the greatest fan of found footage type films but this one is excellent. Well acted with a great tense and creepy atmosphere. Brilliant.

Now watching , which looks like it's going to be a huge pile of shit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd92H_2zo8s

MrBarlow 22nd January 2023 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 681041)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLizS5GFBQI

I'm not the greatest fan of found footage type films but this one is excellent. Well acted with a great tense and creepy atmosphere. Brilliant.

I can certainly recommend [REC] 2, it's just as good the first

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd January 2023 09:49 PM

I quite like Evil Aliens by the way. It is shit and Emily Booth couldn't act in a school play but i still enjoy it for what it is.

Demoncrat 23rd January 2023 12:22 AM

Seconded :laugh:

MrBarlow 23rd January 2023 02:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bullseye. 1990.

Two con men try to pose as two scientists working on a a clean fusion power plant and steal their work to sell to a foreign high bidder.

Michael Caine and Roger Moore play dual roles as the scientists and their imposters and joined by Sally Kirkland as their leading lady in this somewhat madcap comedy directed by Michael Winner. With two great British actors at the helm this isn't Oscar worthy but certainly brings in some good laughs. There is a kill that had me laughing, not being sadistic on someone being killed but how bad the effect was and surely Mr Winner can do better till I remembered that the film was funded by a co-owner of the Cannon films.

Attachment 244425

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th January 2023 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 681042)
I can certainly recommend [REC] 2, it's just as good the first

Agreed. I also really enjoyed [REC]: Genesis, a different type of film to the first two because it incorporates objective and subjective filmmaking, so it's a refreshing change in an excellent series of films.

Demoncrat 24th January 2023 03:36 PM

The Gift (2015, Joel Edgerton)

Moving can be stressful. Especially back to your own old hunting ground. You never know who you'll meet ....
A seemingly perfect couple are "targeted" by someone from the husband's past. This was fun. Kept it up as well. Recommended.

Savage Salvation (2022, Randall Emmet)

Southern fried caper. Two junkies get clean in order to get hitched. The local drug dealer takes umbrage at this for some reason ....
With De Niro and Malkovich shoring up the young leads somewhat, this one was middling at best, not helped by some odd musical choices ahem. Hmmm.

trebor8273 24th January 2023 05:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd92H_2zo8s

Yes it's utter shit and no one can act in it but it's strangely enjoyable with the OTT gore it does remind me of brain-dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVlSf89gwDo

A teenage girl approaches a man and says she's his daughter, one problem he's a vampire. A mixture of road movie and horror. It was ok if lacking on the horror.

Now watching .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pl4JNnqNaE

No way this would be made today, can just hear the out cry now.

Followed by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL4rPFnTGfo

J Harker 24th January 2023 07:13 PM

French Connection II. John Frankenheimer. 1975.

Superb sequel to William Freidkins classic thriller. Truth be told though I initially struggled with The French Connection. It is a film that I found myself nodding off to or giving up on the first few attempts. It takes attention and when I managed to watch it under the right circumstances it was a highly rewarding if bleak crime thriller.
Now John Frankenheimer's sequel is a rather different affair, immediately engaging, amusing almost, as Hackmans obsessive detective Jimmy 'Popeye' Doyle becomes a fish out of water when his superiors send him to Marseille.
There he immediately butts heads with his French counterparts before setting off to do things his own way and from there on the film takes a disturbing turn with some scenes I personally found rather harrowing given the nature of addiction. Doyle isn't a particularly likeable character but I felt the investment in the character i managed to make in the first film makes this one all the more powerful and adds a lot of sympathy and depth to Hackman's brilliant performance.
All in all an excellent sequel to a classic original. The blu ray transfer from Fox is also exceptional. Recommended.

Demoncrat 25th January 2023 08:48 AM

The Shape Of Things To Come (1979)

Hilariously dull SF caper. See Barry Morse fight off radiation poisoning like a bad cold! Watch two of the blandest leads ever!! See Jack Palance wear a dress!!
Lawdy. When a bad sort puts a stop to shipments of a badly needed drug, sciencey types steal a ship to sort all this palaver out. Don't get me wrong, the models look fine and that, it's just the script. Equally underwritten and overblown, it was obviously written by hippies as not one shot is fired during the running time :laugh:
Ahem.