Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Gold6082 13th July 2009 05:35 AM

I am looking forward to final destination IV I throughly enjoyed the first 3, anyone know a uk cinema release date??

Mirrors wasn't too bad a film
Franklynn is good
Asylum (2009) is not bad either

Stay away from All the boys love Mandy Lane

crap!

Kyle 13th July 2009 06:48 AM

28th august i think

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th July 2009 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitchslicer (Post 33658)
i just watched carver 8/10

Carver is a nice little horror. Some of the other titles in the 'Danger After Dark' series are worth a look too. Particulary Gruesome and Next Door.

Gold6082 13th July 2009 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitchslicer (Post 33663)
28th august i think

cheers not long then after a 3 year wait. FD 3 was 10th feb 2006 I remember the date as it is my nans anniversary, should be worth a 38 ish month wait lol

mark meakin 13th July 2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold6082 (Post 33662)
I am looking forward to final destination IV I throughly enjoyed the first 3, anyone know a uk cinema release date??

Mirrors wasn't too bad a film
Franklynn is good
Asylum (2009) is not bad either

Stay away from All the boys love Mandy Lane

crap!

Yes I thought Mandy Lane was poor too.Very boring.

BioZombie 13th July 2009 08:27 AM

I watched Timecrimes last night its a Spanish thriller about a guy who is (kind of) forced into time travelling a couple of of hours back and has to deal with the consequences.

Its a brilliantly written and plotted film that keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering how everything is going to fit together and pan out. Its almost like the weird deformed half brother of Primer(another ace indi time flick).

It's the sort of fantastic foreign film that America loves to take a remake into a watered down piece of shit. I smell Timecrimes with Nicholas Cage coming to a cinema near you soon (Don’t think he wont do it the man starred in a remake of The Wicker Man, The Wicker Man for ****s sake!).

Also I think the Spanish title for this film is way cooler Los cronocrĂ*menes why does everything have to be re-titled for the foreign market? It's not as if it's that difficult to work out what it means, plus I think it would make the film even better if you didn’t know it was about time travel at all and just went in wondering what it was all about. (OK so if you want to go in blind you'll need to time travel back to before you read my mini review and stop yourself reading it. But if you're gonna try that I suggest you watch Los cronocrĂ*menes first to see what your in for and watch out for paradoxes there a bastard to get out of).

Pete 13th July 2009 09:03 AM

Recent buys:

Any Gun Can Play - R2
Mr Majestyk - R2
Lord of Illusions - R2
The Young Ones S1 - R2

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th July 2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 33669)
I watched Timecrimes last night its a Spanish thriller about a guy who is (kind of) forced into time travelling a couple of of hours back and has to deal with the consequences.

Its a brilliantly written and plotted film that keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering how everything is going to fit together and pan out. Its almost like the weird deformed half brother of Primer(another ace indi time flick).

I really enjoyed Timecrimes, BioZombie and reviewed it here on this site :cool:... I also agree with you about Primer; another great (but seriously underrated) time travel movie.

gag 13th July 2009 12:09 PM

Yes be taking here pics to watch the 3d final detination
reason y got here to watch them....Just let her watch the 2 3, b4 we do
Im wasnt that keen on 3rd 1 but other 2 where good
She not into horrors but will watch some because i am

vincenzo 13th July 2009 12:14 PM

I thought Final Destination 2 was the best of the series.