Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th July 2009 08:59 PM

Did a Michael Mann double yesterday with Optimum's superb anamorphic THIEF followed by THE KEEP.The visuals in this really are still great,and the monster is a fine creation.....:coolblue:

BioZombie 27th July 2009 09:06 PM

I had been putting off watching Tokyo Zombie until I had time to really enjoy it as Im a big fan of other asian zombie titles. Unfotunatly I didnt really like it, wasnt funny at all and I didnt even manage to get all the way through. I remeber some one else telling me it was really funny so I guess it just not my cup of tea.

Pete 28th July 2009 10:43 AM

Cex have the jap horror Junk for £4, is it worth getting?

BioZombie 28th July 2009 11:32 AM

It's been a while since I watched it loops but I remeber it being a pretty decent zombie film.

TALL DUDE 28th July 2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 35460)
I had been putting off watching Tokyo Zombie until I had time to really enjoy it as Im a big fan of other asian zombie titles. Unfotunatly I didnt really like it, wasnt funny at all and I didnt even manage to get all the way through. I remeber some one else telling me it was really funny so I guess it just not my cup of tea.

Hated this film,totally unfunny,and still to wade through the extras.:mad2:

KPWNINJA 28th July 2009 02:13 PM

Finally got around to purchasing The Fly: Ultimate Collector's Edition (7 Disc Set)! :p

Can't wait to watch all these great films again!

Also purchased WATCHMEN on Blu-ray and it is just as great as it was when I had seen it at the pictures! All superhero movies need to be like this!

Ah almost forgot... I got the Lethal Chiba set the other week. Looking forward to watching The Executioner hopefully tonight! ^ ^

BioZombie 28th July 2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops
Cex have the jap horror Junk for £4, is it worth getting?

I decided to rewatch this today and yes its totally worth getting. Its fast paced with loads of action, gun fights, zombies and it fare share of gore. It runs at a tight 120mins and never gets dull! I also remembered why I had be so retecent to rewatch it as the transfur on the german dvd I have can only be described as bollocks. Looks like it was ripped from a vcd loads of digital blockyness.

The film itself is totally worth £4 and if you get it I'd be interested to hear what the UK version looks like as I may replace my quite frankly extremely shitty german copy.

Kyle 28th July 2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TALL DUDE (Post 35445)
Whats your thoughts on red mist mate?
Saw this in morrisons,by the director of shrooms,which i wasnt to impressed with.

it was ok probably a 7/10 maybe

i wouldnt buy it full price i would wit until it goes down

i wasnt much for shrooms either

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 28th July 2009 03:04 PM

:p I only just watched Shrooms the other day and thought it was terrrible too. Hopefully Red Mist'll be better :)

I saw The Hooked Generation last night and LUVED it! Soo good! Soo good in fact, I've gone and bought the double feature DVD of William Grefe's Death Curse Of Tartu & Sting Of Death. Can't wait!

1313 28th July 2009 03:42 PM

Anyone here seen Neon Maniacs? I've just bought it as part of an ebay lot. Any good? It was part of a lot containing Toxic Avenger 25th anniversary edition, Class of Nuke 'Em High, Night of the Comet, From Beyond & Tales from the Darkside movie.
Only seen Tales out of those, so any good?