Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Justin101 12th February 2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 321018)
It's not, it's actually Austrian, haha.

Surely if you're doing a German double bill it should be M and Caligari?

Hahah I knew that, it was early though when I wrote that lol.

Justin101 12th February 2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinterMillennium (Post 321026)
and that's possibly an answer to your question, straight from the horse's ;)

I hope he starts to feel better because he's such a talented writer, even that paragraph describing his ill health is so poetically written.

Get well soon Clive. :clap:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th February 2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 321009)
Funny Games is actually Belgian :p

If you count Germany as one of the co-producing companies rather than the sole country of origin, there's also films including Anatomy, Nosferatu (and Nosferatu: The Vampyre), Cemetery Man (Dellamorte Dellamore), Short Night of Glass Dolls, Mark of the Devil, Daughters of Darkness, One Missed Call (2008), the first three Resident Evil movies, Vampyr, Doom, The Devil's Rejects and Nekromantic.

Daemonia 12th February 2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 321008)
Hellraiser II: Disappointment (1988)

Too American, too predictable, too generic - really dated. It's hard to believe that this was only a year after the stellar original, again I've not seen Hellbound: Hellraiser II in well over 10 years the same as the first installment, and I remember not being greatly amused by it back then, but things haven't gotten any better 10 years later. It's like a typical American 1980's horror with a wise cracking 'baddie' a la Kruger.

I remember quite enjoying Hellraiser III which is ironic because it's all the things I hated about part II so I'll watch that installment this week and see if my opinion of it has changed since the turn of the century :lol:

I really like Hellbound: Hellraiser II, probably more then the first one. Did you see the full, uncut version or the old truncated version? Uncut it's startlingly gory and violent.

So, I'll have to disagree with you on this one.

Justin101 12th February 2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 321049)
I really like Hellbound: Hellraiser II, probably more then the first one. Did you see the full, uncut version or the old truncated version? Uncut it's startlingly gory and violent.

So, I'll have to disagree with you on this one.

It was the 99 minute version which is the uncut version, yes it was pretty gory, a few set pieces were good, but ultimately boring. So yes, let's disagree :D

Beyond72 12th February 2013 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hyaena in the Safe AKA Una iena in cassaforte (1968)

Frigging fun giallo/crime flick! While there's the odd dark moment, mainly in the beginning, which has a drug addict being mentally tortured and two women turning on another and stripping her! (It really captures the trashy crime paperback roots of the genre in those moments.) But it's mainly playful, especially the theme music & cinematography. There's even a neat trick with the way "FINE" appears on the screen. Oh and Maria Luisa Geisberger is mesmerizing as a femme fatale.

Dave Boy 12th February 2013 02:34 PM

Blade Runner (1982)
King Kong (1976)

Demoncrat 12th February 2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 321018)
It's not, it's actually Austrian, haha.

Surely if you're doing a German double bill it should be M and Caligari?

Or Angst & The Burning Moon??;);)

Nordicdusk 12th February 2013 05:07 PM

11 Attachment(s)
Attachment 99843 Attachment 99844 Attachment 99845 Attachment 99846 Attachment 99847 Attachment 99848 Attachment 99849 Attachment 99850 Attachment 99851 Attachment 99852 Attachment 99853

Slippery Jack 12th February 2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 321095)
Or Angst & The Burning Moon??;);)

Has Angst had any release worth getting yet? I heard there was a non English friendly Blu, but then I don't remember the film having much dialogue anyway . . .