Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th January 2013 07:27 PM

Broken links Pete.

Pete 28th January 2013 07:30 PM

IDLE HANDS, ED AND HIS DEAD MOTHER, VAMPIRE'S KISS and VENOM.

keirarts 28th January 2013 07:52 PM

Demonic Toys.

You can't really go wrong with a charles band production featuring animated toys/puppets. A bunch of people including a cop and a delivery boy find themselves trapped in a warehouse and tormented by toys. Its pretty much what you expect and for me that wasnt a bad thing. Considering 88 films are releasing all the full moon stuff heres hoping this gets the HD treatment. 70+ minutes of pure fun.

keirarts 28th January 2013 11:00 PM

Dollman vs demonic toys.

Actually works (somewhat) as a direct follow on to Demonic Toys (even though there is a demonic toys 2) as Tracy scoggins chraracter returns from the origional and enlists Dollmans help in fighting the killer toys! We also get ginger from Bad channels (though a check of imdb to confirm this is a continuity goof and not the only one in the movie) so its a bit of a crossover of various full moon titles into one VERY short movie. At under an hour I did feel a little cheated but the whole thing was daftly entertaining.

Raise the Titanic.

The film that lost a LOT of money, this one has often been lumped in with films like heavens gate and waterworld (both films I like BTW!) Watching it now its a decent adventure movie that feels well paced and is interesting to watch. Dirk pitt is annoying but thats always been more a fault of clive cussler than the filmmaker and its great to see Jason robards in anything!!

also finally caught the last few episodes of season 2 of justified. (its not a film so probably not the place to go into too much detail) Need to find season 3 now and Walton goggins needs his own show (great actor!)

ThePopeofCOSDS 28th January 2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 316964)
I've seen it. I still can't quite believe it, however.

Welcome to the (admittedly very small) club! ;)

Ranarchy 29th January 2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 313878)
I enjoyed the first episode how it the rest.

It's kinda confusing really.....

And as you get to know everyone, you realize that the majority of the cast is solely self centered, so that always bugged me.....

Cuz aren't you supposed to identify and root for some of these characters. I find myself not caring if anyone lives or dies.... Haven't seen the new season yet.

Ranarchy 29th January 2013 07:29 AM

Weird kinda' day with my friends over.....

Evil Dead: Enjoyed watchin' this again.

Spawn: Total guilty pleasure, still have the soundtrack since I was a kid

Rapid Fire: Brandon Lee Macho-Cheesey Goodness!

Little Nicky: "Ladies' Choice" on this one. Not bad all in all, I think I liked this more as a teenager.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th January 2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 317212)
PAN'S LABYRINTH: Finally relented and watched this after being pestered by colleagues. Have to admit, it really worked for me on pretty much every level. Visually great, some excellent fantasy sequences, surprisingly grotesque bits. The narrative is sculpted and poised, never seeming disjointed despite its various threads. It's moving, but also pretty harsh.

Really glad you've only got to see this and thought it was the masterpiece I (and others) consider it to be. It's such a brilliant piece of filmmaking by del Toro – easily his best – and one which continues to impress with each viewing. I saw it at the cinema and thought it was so good I went back the next day where I was again moved to tears.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 29th January 2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 317320)
Really glad you've only got to see this and thought it was the masterpiece I (and others) consider it to be. It's such a brilliant piece of filmmaking by del Toro – easily his best – and one which continues to impress with each viewing. I saw it at the cinema and thought it was so good I went back the next day where I was again moved to tears.

Here! Here! Well said, Nos. Pan's Labyrinth is one of the most beautiful and touching recent movies. I totally agree it's a masterpiece of cinema!

Handyman Joe 29th January 2013 10:17 AM

That Obscure Object of Desire - I'm ashamed to say my first Luis Bunuel movie, now i want to see all 32! What a clever, light on its feet piece of filmmaking this is - like a dream, but in a subtle way that gets into your subconscious rather than weird for weirds sake. The Studio Canal blu looks amazing and check the extras - the jaw droppingly beautiful leading ladies haven't aged a day in over 30 years - spooky!
Any Bunuel experts on here? Where should I go next guys? (or gals, but one doesn't want to sound like old Jimmy!) - Going to get Discreet Charm... but not sure if there's any foreign blus?