Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Rik 5th March 2013 12:20 PM

Continuing my Hammer phase, I watched two of my favourites last night-Scars of Dracula, crappy fake bats aside, it's still one of my favourite Hammer Dracula's. Followed it with the outstanding Plague of the Zombies, it's hard to believe that 2 years after this film was released, a certain independant filmmaker from Pittsburgh would change the way zombies are depicted on the silver screen forever!

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th March 2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgeworth (Post 325522)
Death Race 2000, Piranha and a documentary about the guy who voices Elmo. (forget the name)

Must have been a good doc then :pound:

Slippery Jack 5th March 2013 12:23 PM

Young Violent Dangerous

Really enjoyed this - especially the main car chase, one I've the best Eurocrime car chases I've seen thus far :clap: Thought Thomas Milian was a little bland as the cop on the trail of the Young Violent Dangerous. Think I prefer him in psycho sleazeball mode (ie Almost Human :lol:) . . .

Justin101 5th March 2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 325635)
Must have been a good doc then :pound:

It's called Being Elmo it's not exactly hard to remember :lol: it's supposed to be pretty good.

trebor8273 5th March 2013 02:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
last nights viewings, even though i shouldn't but i really enjoyed Jack Frost:loco:

Edit think of watching wake wood tonight is it any good as never seen it and was a blind buy

PaulD 5th March 2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 325671)
last nights viewings, even though i shouldn't but i really enjoyed Jack Frost:loco:

ROTLD3 is the best in the franchise by a long shot. Jack Frost's also enjoyable in a cheesy sort of way. There's also a sequel too.

Rik 5th March 2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 325672)
ROTLD3 is the best in the franchise by a long shot.

Haven't seen parts 4 & 5, but of the 3 I have seen, part 3 if without a shadow of a doubt the best one, I wish a company like Second Sight or Arrow would release it on BD over here :nod:

Metallicbomb 5th March 2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 325672)
ROTLD3 is the best in the franchise by a long shot. Jack Frost's also enjoyable in a cheesy sort of way. There's also a sequel too.

I love Jack Frost much better than that Michael Keaton shit
I Also loved the sequel to with all the little Snowballs:lol:
Love how even though the sequels set on a tropic island (if I remember rightly)
None of the snow melts.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th March 2013 03:02 PM

I saw Stoker at the cinema today and, because it was directed by Park Chan-wook, went in with really high expectations. Thankfully, I wasn't disappointed as it makes some really uncomfortable viewing, but is gripping throughout thanks to some flashback/flashforwards storytelling and great performances by the three main leads (Mia Wasikowska, Matthew Goode and Nicole Kidman.

Although its Park's first English-language film, you wouldn't know it and it's as good as most of his Korean output; definitely want to catch in the cinemas if you can.

Hawkmonger 5th March 2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 325692)
I saw Stoker at the cinema today and, because it was directed by Park Chan-wook, went in with really high expectations. Thankfully, I wasn't disappointed as it makes some really uncomfortable viewing, but is gripping throughout thanks to some flashback/flashforwards storytelling and great performances by the three main leads (Mia Wasikowska, Matthew Goode and Nicole Kidman.

Although its Park's first English-language film, you wouldn't know it and it's as good as most of his Korean output; definitely want to catch in the cinemas if you can.

OK, i'll give it a shot and prove myself wrong.:laugh: