Like Tree179949Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th April 2013, 10:26 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Watched Fright Night (1985 Twilight Time BR) last night and loved every minute. PQ & AQ were fantastic, all in all a great film.
I did the polar opposite last night and watched the Fright Night remake and it was dreadful! Wish I managed to get the Twilight Time Blu Ray.
Hawkmonger and tele1962 like this.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 11th April 2013, 02:53 PM
Cult Addict

So somehow I've managed to get through three films in under a week. Watched The Watch a few nights ago. Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill and Richard something or other out The IT Crowd. Quite entertaining but it was one of those films where it just seemed at least half the script was swearing. Just packed in there to pad it out. Don't get me wrong, bad language doesn't bother me in the slightest but I do get annoyed when it's used in place of actual dialogue. Vince Vaughn was probably the weakest link in this film though, one of those actors who really seems to grate on me.

Watched The Hobbit then last night. Personally I thought it wad good, not great and lacked the real depth of Jacksons previous triligy, being a much lighter film lacking the sense of impending doom LOTR had. But still stunning to look at and an engaging enough three hours.

Finally this morning I watched Insidious. Surprisingly given this came as a bonus film on the ASDA exclusive edition of Sinister, I actually enjoyed it much more. Maybe because it came without the hype that Sinister did.
Old 11th April 2013, 03:04 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
JAWS Blu Ray.

WOW! How fantastic does this film look? Awesome, just awesome!
Still remember around this time last year, away for a few days at blackpool and at a loose end one evening strolling down to their Odeon and seeing it on a cheap tuesday ticket. My jaw hit the floor when I saw the transfer. Phenomenal.
Dave Boy likes this.
Old 11th April 2013, 03:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthelvis View Post
I did the polar opposite last night and watched the Fright Night remake and it was dreadful! Wish I managed to get the Twilight Time Blu Ray.
I have not seen the new version that bad huh?
Old 11th April 2013, 04:20 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Still remember around this time last year, away for a few days at blackpool and at a loose end one evening strolling down to their Odeon and seeing it on a cheap tuesday ticket. My jaw hit the floor when I saw the transfer. Phenomenal.
I saw it at the local Cineworld. truly gobsmacking, IMHO the best BD out there in terms of PQ. Just stunning.
keirarts and Dave Boy like this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 11th April 2013, 04:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

This morning I had a Universal Monsters double bill of Dracula & Frankenstein, I had planned on watching a couple more from the set but changed my mind after these two and followed them with Dawn of the Dead with the commentary from the Romero's and Savini, more as a background film while I cracked on with some work.
Last film of the afternoon was Death Proof, for only the second time, still can't get into it, far too many pointless extended dialogue scenes (and not the sort you usually expect from Tarantino either), I'm glad it only set me back £1.50 from CEX a few months back
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th April 2013, 06:14 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
I saw it at the local Cineworld. truly gobsmacking, IMHO the best BD out there in terms of PQ. Just stunning.
It was probably june or so because it was around the time planetaxel went bust. I bought the steelbook immediately on release. Got more than a little pissed off by universal when they almost immediately re-released it as a mediabook.
Old 11th April 2013, 07:44 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
I also saw it at Cineworld where the picture and sound quality exceeded my expectations, just as they did when I watched the BD at home on the small screen.
Hawkmonger and Dave Boy like this.
Old 11th April 2013, 08:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

^
Same here.

Last night watched....Scanners blu ray. Fantastic. Amazing picture.
Old 11th April 2013, 08:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Chillerama on German blu-ray which lacks English sub-titles on the Diary of Anne Frankenstein segment (but I just about managed to follow). Much as a remember it. Good starting segment, weak middle film and a fun ending.I think I enjoyed it much more at home than when I saw it on the big screen (it played the late night slot at Fright Fest and had a fantastic intro which perhaps left me with heightened expectations).

Like this? Share it using the links below!