Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

nekromantik 22nd December 2009 06:16 PM

Just seen Forget Me Not (2009).
Typical teen horror but with a twist that I dont think has been done before, if it has then be kool to know where its been used before.
Its a ghost revenge story and quite typical and has its cliches but in this story if the ghost kills you then you get erased as if you never existed and only this gal who ceated to the ghost so to speak remembers all the friends that the ghost has killed.

It was entertaining although the end kinda sucked so overall 7/10.

mbv 22nd December 2009 10:22 PM

Just watched Dust Devil. Kinda dissapointed after hearing so much about it over the years. Was ok but nothing special. The great head explosion was the highlight for me

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd December 2009 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 54254)
Found this guys myspace page about The Video Dead. Apparently it was going to get a dvd release in american in october by a company that didn't own the rights and the release was blocked by the rightfull owners,MGM.They said they will consider it for a dvd release if there is enough demand.They also showed it on the MGM-HD channel in november,so there's a lovely widescreen print just lying there.This guy has also done a few mock-up dvd covers and I must say,they look incredible.Would love to see these sitting on my shelf.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=491309762

Bloody brilliant.
If only eh?:(

pedromonkey 23rd December 2009 12:32 AM

just finished watching District 9, bloody amazing, one of the most original Sci-fi films ive ever seen and ive seen alot of Sci-fi. It starts off as a sort of reversal of humans living in poverty to Alien refugee's living in poverty and turns into this all out action film with big alien guns, Mechs and explosions, why the **** didn't they let Neil Blomkamp make a Halo movie, this guy would have done it justice. This was awesome. Infact i shall do a full review of this in Pedro's Movie Review Corner with in the near future.......Highly recommended.

mbv 23rd December 2009 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 54430)
just finished watching District 9, bloody amazing, one of the most original Sci-fi films ive ever seen and ive seen alot of Sci-fi. It starts off as a sort of reversal of humans living in poverty to Alien refugee's living in poverty and turns into this all out action film with big alien guns, Mechs and explosions, why the **** didn't they let Neil Blomkamp make a Halo movie, this guy would have done it justice. This was awesome. Infact i shall do a full review of this in Pedro's Movie Review Corner with in the near future.......Highly recommended.

This is getting my movie of the year award. For me this was an absolute flawless movie. CGI was brilliant and never too much, action was great and some very dark humour in there without going down the parody route.
Counting down the minutes til the blu ray release!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd December 2009 07:28 AM

Watched the first two Naked Gun films recently (maybe watch the third tonight! :woot:). I also watched a screener copy of Tapeworm coutesy of Mr Slicer! :thumb:

I found it reminded me of Andrey Iskanov's Nails - it has some good gore effects in it too. :nod:

42ndStreetFreak 23rd December 2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitchslicer (Post 53950)
awesome find, all my charity shops have are workout videos :mad:

:nod: :nod:

nekromantik 23rd December 2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbv (Post 54432)
This is getting my movie of the year award. For me this was an absolute flawless movie. CGI was brilliant and never too much, action was great and some very dark humour in there without going down the parody route.
Counting down the minutes til the blu ray release!

I got my D9 bluray steelook yesterday :banana:

I agree on what u said but I disagree with best movie of the year, for me that was Star Trek and D9 came a close second.

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd December 2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbv (Post 54423)
Just watched Dust Devil. Kinda dissapointed after hearing so much about it over the years. Was ok but nothing special. The great head explosion was the highlight for me

Dust Devil is one of those films that you either love or hate.I'm in the love camp (not an SS Experiment one before anyone asks :tongue1: ) It's a pretty slow film but very atmospheric and Robert Burke makes a great villain ( if you want to call him that) and If you're a fan like me,then the Subversive Cimema 5 disc dvd set is nothing short of amazing.

mbv 23rd December 2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 54446)
I got my D9 bluray steelook yesterday :banana:

I agree on what u said but I disagree with best movie of the year, for me that was Star Trek and D9 came a close second.

Star Trek was top quality alright although I was so let down by Simon Pegg. I love everything he's done but the character was trying way too hard to be the clumsy funny idiot.Made me cringe.
The guy who played Bones was amazing though, got all his mannerisms perfectly.