Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 28th February 2010 01:10 PM

Spurred by our own Peter Neal's great review I re-visited Cut and Run yesterday, with it's winning combo of violence within that oh-so-familiar 'emerald inferno' setting; brilliant stuff. One of the few jungle-based films of the time without animal cruelty too, which is a bonus: There is a bizarre scene involving (what appear to be) rubber lizards posing as real dead lizards being used in a basketball game though... :suspicious:

Next up I watched Entrails of a Virgin, which involves plenty of optically fogged sex with geeky Japanese men and whining, skinny Japanese women, who seem very easily pleased. This then (eventually) breaks down into an isolated cabin movie, whereby each annoying cast member is either f*cked or killed off (usually both). This in no means a by-the-numbers affair though as the film is chocked full of bizarreness that only the Japanese seem to be able to pull off. Fun, with some good gore here and there but very trying in places.

And if that wasn't enough for one day, I then watched Southland Tales with the missus last night. She hadn't seen it before, and ended up falling asleep before the end, but I unashamedly love ithis film, and it only gets better with repeat viewings imo! :biggrin:

DeadAlive 28th February 2010 04:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Tokyo Gore Police - This is OK if not a touch overlong at 109 minutes. There are some interesting set pieces that stand out but they can't hide the fact that this is a film made by an effects man who has gone out of control. Gallons of spurting blood and some nightmare images throughout make this twisted fun to a point , but it's not half as much fun as The Machine Girl was.

The Sendhal Syndrome - The best thing about this film is the score by Ennio Morricone. Asia Argento is far from convincing in the lead, while a few neat camera tricks can't save this from being another disappointing effort from the one time horror miestro Dario Argento. Incidentally, Lovefilm have the cover art for the Arrow release up for this rental when the version they are renting is obviously from another distributer.

mazon2709 28th February 2010 04:26 PM

Just saw the Crazies Remake, worth a view 8/10.:cool:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 28th February 2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigantor (Post 64915)
Is this the first time you saw CRITTERS?

Nah, I remember watching these films when I was younger. Got the boxset the other day though really cheap - sadly all 4 discs are in one case, which is a bit crap.

antmumford 28th February 2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazon2709 (Post 64978)
Just saw the Crazies Remake, worth a view 8/10.:cool:

I thought it was brilliant. Definitely 8 out of 10. Sooooo scary!

Gigantor 2nd March 2010 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 64988)
Nah, I remember watching these films when I was younger. Got the boxset the other day though really cheap - sadly all 4 discs are in one case, which is a bit crap.

First 2 films are GREAT the third is still decent enough but the last 4th film is:ack:

Gigantor 2nd March 2010 04:04 AM

THE HOWLING
THE HOWLING 2 Ouch the acting is this movie is crazy,So much intential humor its amazing bplus the relooping of a boob flash a the end of the movie is insane.

Continuing the werewolf theme I will be watching THE MARSUPIALS:THE HOWLING 3 and TEEN WOLF tonight:dance:

metaldud 2nd March 2010 06:58 AM

The crazies

actually a pretty good remake well shot and kept me interested right until the end gladly it barely resembled the original so i didnt have to worry about this tainting my vierw of the first.

9/10

broonage 2nd March 2010 08:38 AM

La Horde - a bloody, violent French zombie flick. Great fight scenes!

metaldud 2nd March 2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broonage (Post 65232)
La Horde - a bloody, violent French zombie flick. Great fight scenes!

saw this at frightfest last year and it was amazing.