Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Cinematic Shocks 27th January 2018 02:53 PM

Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

My Second viewing. This easily ranks high up there with my other favourite MCU movies - Iron Man 1, Avengers 1, Captain America 2 & 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2, and Spider-Man: Homecoming.

**** out of *****

Demoncrat 27th January 2018 04:26 PM

Got The Ghoul (2017) in town. So I will probably watch that ;)

trebor8273 27th January 2018 06:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NvhNUP6vMs

As enjoyable as the first but suffers from the same problems a good 20 minutes long with a bloated middle. 7/10

Now watched creepy/ disturbing TV horrors ever made and one of the few films that still creeps me out thanks to those Glick boys, yes you have guessed it, Salem's Lot.

Demoncrat 27th January 2018 08:15 PM

Hope you are enjoying SL t!

For my sins .....

5 Headed Shark Attack (2017)

Tits & fins. :lol:
Next!!

bleakshaun 27th January 2018 08:57 PM

Silent Hill
A mother and her daughter head to a town to help resolve her issues. When they arrive in the town, the daughter disappears and the mother has to find her and also uncover the truth.
I love the games and I still think that this is a good film. There are some great visuals. The soundtrack is great (even though it is from the games). Sean Bean should have kept his accent as normal. My biggest problem is Pyramid Head; there was no need.
7/10

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th January 2018 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 564236)
Silent Hill

there was no need.

Totally agree :nod:

Heisenberg 27th January 2018 10:28 PM

Just finished watching IT (2017). Got to say was awesome and highly recommended. Don't want to say anything here so as not to potentially spoil anything for anyone, like myself, who has not seen or heard a great deal regarding the film. Went into the film with zero expectations and was very pleasantly surprised. Can see myself giving that one several more viewings. I actually enjoyed the 1990 version as well so this must be one of, if not the first film where i have enjoyed the original and the remake, although i would not really call this a proper remake, more like a different take if that makes sense.

ps. hope that makes sense, tried refraining from using the word 'it' while writing that :)

Nordicdusk 27th January 2018 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heisenberg (Post 564240)
Just finished watching IT (2017). Got to say was awesome and highly recommended. Don't want to say anything here so as not to potentially spoil anything for anyone, like myself, who has not seen or heard a great deal regarding the film. Went into the film with zero expectations and was very pleasantly surprised. Can see myself giving that one several more viewings. I actually enjoyed the 1990 version as well so this must be one of, if not the first film where i have enjoyed the original and the remake, although i would not really call this a proper remake, more like a different take if that makes sense.

ps. hope that makes sense, tried refraining from using the word 'it' while writing that :)

My only problem with the film is some questionable CGI that aside great film.

Cinematic Shocks 28th January 2018 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heisenberg (Post 564240)

I went cinema to see IT, and aside from a few faults, I thought it was excellent. But I'm waiting for the extended director's cut to be released later this year to watch it again. Maybe it could fix those faults, including giving Mike and Stan more depth.

gag 28th January 2018 09:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Flicking through netflicks what to watch and couldnt help when saw this ,
Great they just gave the ending away or if he doesn't die then isn't it false advertising .

Anyway watched john wick 2 , enjoyable and entertaining action film , nothing spectacular but entertaining none the less .