Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

trebor8273 3rd July 2018 06:51 PM

With the heat have decided to watch The Thing tonight.

nosferatu42 3rd July 2018 07:06 PM

I really like Sam Neil as Damien and most of the film but the ending always seemed underwhelming to me.

Omen 4 i thought was utter pants and can't believe you rated it so highly, must be the heat has frazzled your brain.;)

Demoncrat 3rd July 2018 07:13 PM

Followed by Snowbeast?? ;)

Demoncrat 3rd July 2018 07:27 PM

Me, I'm digging out Sea Of Sand (pun intended :laugh:) ..... ;)

Demoncrat 3rd July 2018 08:11 PM

But foist ...!!!

Mikey (1992, Dennis Demster-Dink)

Timing. :rolleyes
Ostensibly a Stepfather clone, this tale of liberalism and sociopathy is up there with the de-ranged TVM Fallen Angel for showing a side of childhood rarely seen :behindsofa::lol:
Our titular brat is a right handful alrighty. Featuring Ashley Laurence.

bleakshaun 3rd July 2018 08:52 PM

Omen IV feels like a cheap remake crossed with the unintentional humour from the likes of samurai cop and troll 2, minus the passion.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Demoncrat 3rd July 2018 09:36 PM

:lol:

Just Before Dawn (1981, Jeff Liebermann)

More 'kids' come a cropper in this mountain man movie. What is it about muricans and campfires anyhow? :lol: George Kennedy tells them they are doomed. Do they listen? :nono:
Stupid campers :laugh:. Liebermann injects enough of his oddness to raise it above the likes of The Final Terror etc.

bleakshaun 3rd July 2018 09:42 PM

Richard III
Set in an alternative 30's Britain where the war of the Roses is happening. The story focuses on Richard of Gloucester gaining access to the throne and rule with an iron fist.
I find the aesthetic of this film more fascinating than the film itself. With Ian McKellan embracing the role as a Hitlerian tyrant with his own nazi flag (instead of a swastika, he has a boar). Nonetheless it is a great adaptation of Shakespeare, with a strong support cast.
Recommended

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Crimson Blade 3rd July 2018 10:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pigs (1972).

When i bought this i thought it was a total blind buy, but when i started watching it, i remembered i'd heard the soundtrack before. An old VHS maybe.

Anyway, it's about a young girl, Lynn, on the run from a mental hospital. Turns out she's murdered her father after he tried to rape her.
She ends up in a small town working in a diner for an old farmer called Zambrini, who also keeps pigs and feeds them a special diet. :lol:

The film is nothing outstanding, but it's still worth a watch and has that 1970's charm. Definitely a curiosity. 6/10.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd July 2018 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 580947)
Me, I'm digging out Sea Of Sand (pun intended :laugh:) ..... ;)

Top film! :nod: