Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Rik 17th July 2019 01:19 PM

I love both The Lost Boys and The Goonies, but found Lifeforce to be a let down the only time I watched it years ago, not in any great rush to revisit it either :nod:

bleakshaun 17th July 2019 05:27 PM

When it comes to Lifeforce just remember...... It's a cannon movie

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Justin101 17th July 2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 607587)
When it comes to Lifeforce just remember...... It's a cannon movie

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

That's the only reason I got it back out for a second viewing, but I'm not convinced. The Apple is better!

gag 17th July 2019 08:31 PM

Lots of films from the 70s / 80s might have been good in the day, but being realistic a lot of films from the 80s werent really well know for their acting, and also known for being cheese fest with low budgets, That's why vast majority are a let down yrs later when films now are known for starring decent actors with a decent budget some stand test of time sadly others don't, try watching original Death race 2000 now as a prime eg.

Demoncrat 17th July 2019 09:09 PM

Yeah, Lifeforce is about as Cannon as they come. Rewatch it pissed :laugh:

Give me Death Race 2000 anyday. :rolleyes:

Check this out.
Roar (1981, Noel Marshall)

Yes, so ever sat squirming during Cannibal Ferox?
Well, now you have the purrfect :rolleyes: antidote. The plot is a conceit. Tippi Hedren, Melanie Griffiths and some others get severely mauled by real lions, tigers, panthers, leopards ETC. Quite the most jawdropping thing to watch. C-r-a-z-e-d. But I dug the skateboarding lioness. Gnarly duuude ahem. From a time past. Stick your modern shite where it belongs. :laugh:

Demoncrat 17th July 2019 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 607591)
That's the only reason I got it back out for a second viewing, but I'm not convinced. The Apple is better!

Ah, but then The Apple is so much betterer than most films. Especially modern ones. :pound:
;)

Demoncrat 17th July 2019 09:35 PM

Rush to the DW thread to read what I think about some Cyberstuff :lol:.

Ahem.

Rivers Edge (1986)

Some teens try to cover for one of their own where they really should do the decent thing ahem. Horribly bleak but compelling. Dennis Hopper reappears as an old biker with a peculiar fetish :lol:.

gag 17th July 2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 607595)
Ah, but then The Apple is so much betterer than most films. Especially modern ones. :pound:
;)

Never heard of The Apple what is it ?
And don't say it's something you eat :lol:.

gag 17th July 2019 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 607597)
Rush to the DW thread to read what I think about some Cyberstuff :lol:.

Ahem.

Rivers Edge (1986)

Some teens try to cover for one of their own where they really should do the decent thing ahem. Horribly bleak but compelling. Dennis Hopper reappears as an old biker with a peculiar fetish :lol:.

I'm getting this mixed up with a different film,
One I'm thinking has word river in title (might be wrong).
Some kids go down to the river rafting but they want to really teach one of them a lesson but by accident kill him instead , what film I've just mentioned ?

nosferatu42 17th July 2019 11:47 PM

Is that "Mean Creek" gag, i've never seen it but sounds like it might be the film?

I haven't seen "The Apple" either but from what i gather it's a so bad it's good naff cheesy musical that has something to do with Adam & Eve, God and all that stuff.

What i have seen are "River's Edge" that was mentioned and it's really dark but a favourite of mine.:cool:

Also i second that "Roar" is a film you won't believe was made till you see it, gasp as some hippy guy play fights with Lions and puts his family in peril by surrounding them with assorted big cats, and these aren't special effects it's pant shittingly real.
I've got the Blu ray as it's a film i always wanted to see as a kid but it kinda disappeared over here, the story is pretty much non existent, but it's mesmerising in it's insanity.
See a young Melanie Griffith with her head being gnawed on by a wild cat.:confused:
Apparently 70 crew members were harmed and most of the footage ends up in the film.
'Ave a butchers at this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cny_D50Rr44 :woot: