Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

pedromonkey 25th July 2010 10:06 PM

just re-watched DEATH PROOF, and although the film looses the whole scratchy grindhouse look halfway through and the story really amounts to absolute zero, Tarantino boosts the films rating with one of the most astonishing car chases ive ever seen, no CGI, no back projection just good old fashion stunt work, that is sorly missed in films these days. i wish he would use his action skills for a more serious crime flick ala To Live and Die in LA, instead of making everything a homage, if he goes back to his Reservoir Dogs days he could pull off a brilliant crime film...

Sargento 25th July 2010 10:12 PM

I have just watched the new

A Team

Which was more fun than it had any right to be!!!!!!! Imagine a Mission Impossible movie directed by McG and you pretty much have the idea. It did lose its way in the 3rd quarter though, but picked up again.

Pete 25th July 2010 10:47 PM

Ilsa Harem Keeper of the Oil Shieks - Not bad.

Murder Rock - A fine giallo that doesn't deserve it's bad reputation.

pedromonkey 26th July 2010 12:51 PM

watched Hot Tub Time Machine this morning and i have to say its one of the funniest films ive seen for a long time, it's spot on with the humor and has some brilliant 80s film references. Also Crispin Glover's in it and that for me alone was a reason to watch it...highly recommended...

antmumford 26th July 2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 93988)
Can I ask where you guys are getting to see A Serbian Film? I have just watched the red band trailers and would like to see it. Although I thought Martyrs was the epitome of bad taste, I really want to see what the fuss about A Serbian Film is.

I'd like to know too, I'm intrigued about it now

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th July 2010 05:21 PM

I would infer from from their silence that the source was not, in the strictest possible sense, legal!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th July 2010 05:25 PM

Had a rather British day yesterday;

WILD GEESE II
THE FOURTH PROTOCOL
THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY
MAN OF VIOLENCE (Yet to finish it! :rolleyes:)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th July 2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 94096)
watched Hot Tub Time Machine this morning and i have to say its one of the funniest films ive seen for a long time, it's spot on with the humor and has some brilliant 80s film references. Also Crispin Glover's in it and that for me alone was a reason to watch it...highly recommended...

I thought it was a poor man's Back to the Future, that the humour was very hit and miss and the Crispin Glover bellboy didn't really help to prevent comparisons between this and a much superior time travel movie. Just my opinion of course!

pedromonkey 26th July 2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 94134)
I thought it was a poor man's Back to the Future, that the humour was very hit and miss and the Crispin Glover bellboy didn't really help to prevent comparisons between this and a much superior time travel movie. Just my opinion of course!

fair do's Nos, we've had alot in common when it comes to films, but with this i just found really funny, i have this sense if humor, and i like to sit down and watch a really stoopid film every now and then.

Got a few new films to watch...

Cop-Out -new kevin smith film
The Losers - action flick with Zoe Saldana (yum)
Kick-Ass...

Schramm 26th July 2010 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Nosferatu

Not sure it's really fair to compare the 2. Although the time travel theme is the same it's not used in the same context as such. One's an adventure, ones an out0an-out comedy.

Personally I thought HTTM was pretty good, nice easy watch. Obviously not a patch on BTTF.