Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Kyle 28th July 2010 07:31 AM

last night i watched

eko eko azarak 8/10
legion 7/10

Make Them Die Slowly 28th July 2010 08:06 AM

Going back to "Mordum" and extreme horror in general, couldn't it be argued that recent films rather than being made just in bad taste with a need to shock are in fact just a reflection of the culture we presently find ourselves in.

The media in general, be it printed, film or telly is increasingly more extreme and oddly more meaningless with each passing day. For me, "Mordum" is just part of this arc. Where it will end I have no idea but I imagine film makers and fans will become bored of extremes and look for something new and different to get their kicks in the future.

Finally, there is room in the genre for all types of films, fans and reasons why we watch films. The horror/exploitation film is the most important form of cinema going because of it's extremes, whether these extremes be the subtle horrors of Val Lewton or the all out assult of the "August Underground" films.

Gigantor 28th July 2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitchslicer (Post 94399)
last night i watched

eko eko azarak 8/10
legion 7/10

I saw LEGION recently as well I liked the film(especially the old lady in it) but
the ending turned it into a different movie that didn't work for me.

TOY STORY 3D.Done really well but I prefer the second film much better.I like the story line better and get a big kick out of the Uncle seraling toys from his nephew.

Today I watched

BABY SITTER WANTED
MIDNIGHT MOVIE
CABIN FEVER 2 There was some really stinky cheap animation at the beginning and the end which should of be done much better

Kyle 28th July 2010 10:25 AM

yeah the first hour was awesome 9/10 but the last half hour went downhill so ruined it a bit

Pete 28th July 2010 01:37 PM

Dial: Help - Suprisingly good late 80's Italian horror.

gag 28th July 2010 03:12 PM

I watched a old episode of tales from the crypt recently so ive had a urge to watch them all.... SO just fin watching very 1st series now just about to start watching the 2nd series

Aldo 28th July 2010 10:46 PM

Experiment in Terror: damn good with insanely beautiful first 10 minutes or so.

gag 28th July 2010 11:33 PM

Has any 1 seen five across the eyes if so is it any good.. i bought it for a couple of quid and started to watch it last night, But i found the acting terrible and every single 1 of the characters annoying and irritating to the exstent i turned it off after 20 min

Kyle 29th July 2010 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 94542)
Has any 1 seen five across the eyes if so is it any good.. i bought it for a couple of quid and started to watch it last night, But i found the acting terrible and every single 1 of the characters annoying and irritating to the exstent i turned it off after 20 min

:pound: yep its got to be one of the most awful films i ever wasted 30 mins of my life on, i couldn't take any more after 30 mins it was sooo bad

i just watched memories of murder 8/10

Pete 29th July 2010 12:32 AM

Touch of Death - Funny, gory shocker from Lucio Fulci which contains one of the most unappealing sex scenes in history.