Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

J Harker 25th January 2022 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 666079)
The Bourne Supremacy (2004)

A reasonable story and follow up to 2002's The Bourne Identity is ruined by Paul Greengrass' cluster**** of a directing and editing job on the action sequences. Seen at the time as cutting edge and innovative. Bollocks! It's just uninvolving frantic and shit. Third film, The Bourne Ultimatum (2007), is even worse.

I'm glad it wasn't just me thought the second Bourne film was a shaky cam mess.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

MrBarlow 25th January 2022 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Madman. 1981.

Another Summer Camp film and another demented madman hacking up young coeds, but this one is different based on a urban legend style, anyone who utters the name "Madman Mars" he appears like the Boogeyman and kills.

There is a decent back story to the man who murdered his family, hung by a lynch mob who whacked his nose off and didn't feel a thing. Every camp I have gone to when I was younger we always told ghost and horror stories, but one camp member seems to keep things nice for the younger kids, how thoughtful...not. At times you feel the sympathy for the camp councillors and then it's like just kill them, but not Gaylen Ross. The director does a decent job of keeping Mars in the dark shadows, a lot but the kills are mostly off screen at times.

Attachment 238771

nicholasrope 25th January 2022 10:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Promising Young Woman

Carey Mulligan gets acts drunk in order to get revenge on guys who try to rape her after her College friend is raped. Not really sure what to make of this, it certainly had potential but it doesn't really work in my opinion.

Straightheads

Danny Dyer and Gillian Anderson get attacked in the woods therefore get bloody revenge over the attackers. Not bad, can't stand Dyer but I do like Anderson (From her X-Files days) and you do see more of her than possibly anticipated (Certainly compared to The Turning, yes I remember that one lol)

Effects

A Film Production turns deadly. The 1st of 101 Films AGFA Series and based on the Trailer, it looked like it was going to be the better ones especially it stars Joe Pilato and Tom Savani. With it being low budget, I had faith in Savani creating some decent F/X.

I was tired when I put this on and therefore dozed off during however I rather enjoyed what I saw and will watch again when more lively.

Pop Star: Never Stop, Never Stopping

Andy Samberg is an arrogant Pop Star whose fame starts to wane after a flop Album release (Which I think is a rib on U2?) It is actually pretty funny where his songs are meant to say one thing but come off all completely wrong.

MrBarlow 26th January 2022 03:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Virgin Witch. 1972.

Well I can easily say I will never look at the programme "Allo Allo" again without thinking of this film, i'm scarred for life...but in a good way with Vickie Michelle almost showing more than her maid's outfit did. British exploitation on modern day witch coven and who wouldn't want two sisters to join after being promised a modelling Job. Ann Michelle does a good job as the older sister who spends half the time nude or showing her full body. The film starts off well then slowly goes one way then goes a different way which was something I wasn't expecting and enjoyed. Thank you for this one Demdike

Attachment 238781

Dave Boy 26th January 2022 03:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yvette Mimieux tribute..

Attachment 238807
THE TIME MACHINE (1960)

I remember the first time i watched this movie. Lying on front of the TV.
Seeing that Morlock rot away as the Time Machine makes it's escape stuck in my mind for ages.

Attachment 238808
THE BLACK HOLE (1979)

I saw this at the cinema on release. It looked great with the Black Hole turning in the background.
I've still got the action figures, LP soundtrack, annual, novel and bubble gum cards from the time.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th January 2022 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 666173)

Attachment 238808
THE BLACK HOLE (1979)

I saw this at the cinema on release. It looked great with the Black Hole turning in the background.
I've still got the action figures, LP soundtrack, annual, novel and bubble gum cards from the time.

I wish this was available on Blu.

Apparently you can get it on demand from Disney but they only ship to the US anyway. I doubt we'll ever get a blu the way Disney don't give a shit about physical products anymore.

Dave Boy 26th January 2022 04:04 PM

Yeah, it was a Disney Club exclusive. I've looked on ebay and there are some sellers from the US but too expensive.
It HAD to be this movie that is an exclusive! Aaarrgghh!!

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th January 2022 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 666178)
Yeah, it was a Disney Club exclusive. I've looked on ebay and there are some sellers from the US but too expensive.
It HAD to be this movie that is an exclusive! Aaarrgghh!!

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea was another Disney Club exclusive wasn't it.

Really annoying for collectors of Blu-ray sci-fi over here.

Graveyard 26th January 2022 07:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 238819

Most recent watches, lucky with my choices.

Dinner in America I really didn't know what to expect with this one, but was a cool movie, nice soundtrack, a punk love story.

Sid and Nancy Following the most recent announcement from Criterion, decided to give a spin on this Cox movie - it's a sad movie but at the same time too long, Oldman does an amazing job.

Munich: Edge of War Last year I read the book, so was happy to see this coming to the "big screen"- for some reason the book it's more exciting than the movie.

MrBarlow 26th January 2022 10:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Night Of The Comet. 1984.

65 million years ago a meteor wiped out all the dinosaurs...suppose that's what they get for standing in the same place :lol: Jump years later and another meteor hits and wipes out part of the population. One part there is survivors and the other are turned into meteor turned zombies. Enjoyable campy B movie that reminds us of the dress wear, music and some bad acting. This was very low budget but effective horror that has plenty tongue in cheek comments and decent make-up effects.

Attachment 238822