Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demoncrat 30th January 2022 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 666368)
It's certainly a vast improvement on the old Redemption dvd i got free with Video World.

:pound:
I can imagine an oil and water scenario .... must pull my finger out myself regarding JR BDs!!

Justin101 30th January 2022 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 666372)
:pound:
I can imagine an oil and water scenario .... must pull my finger out myself regarding JR BDs!!

I still have a handful to buy, will get those at some point this year, might even get Zombie Lake, but I love how they all look together.

https://i.ibb.co/FgyhD5h/5011-B6-A0-...A75-CE7-B6.jpg

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th January 2022 03:59 PM

Piss off with your Eurocrypt collection will you. :lol:

Justin101 30th January 2022 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 666376)
Piss off with your Eurocrypt collection will you. :lol:

I got it from WowHD it wasn’t ‘very’ expensive! Around £80.

MrBarlow 30th January 2022 06:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Flashburn: Virus Outbreak. 2017

Wes a Virologist and microbiologist wakes up in a abandoned warehouse with amnesia, held captive by someone called Lazarus who wants Wes to find the cure for a Ebola outbreak.

Post-Apocalyptic story with Sean Patrick Flanery who wakes up after a jeep crash and is told who he is and what he must do by some sinister wannabe voice. This was a blind viewing, and wasn't really expecting much out of it, the plot seems simple but this was a bit of a slow burner with a bit of a nice twist at the end and some good acting from Flanery and Cameron Richardson, don't expect it to be nail biting or edge of your seat thriller.

Attachment 238866

MrBarlow 30th January 2022 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A Cold Night's Death. 1973.

Two researchers arrive at a research station at White Mountains after loosing contact with a lone scientist and discover they may not be alone in the building.

Another made for T.V. movie from the 70s that deals with Claustrophobia, Isolation and Paranoia, Robert Culp and Eli Wallach play the two researchers sent in to find a colleague and finish of the project only for them to turn on each other when they believe someone is with them. This is one of those movies that you know what's happening, who's behind it all yet have you glued to the screen right to the end on how it unfolds. Not exactly a big budget but does have some good suspense build up.

Attachment 238867

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th January 2022 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 666384)
A Cold Night's Death. 1973.

Two researchers arrive at a research station at White Mountains after loosing contact with a lone scientist and discover they may not be alone in the building.

Another made for T.V. movie from the 70s that deals with Claustrophobia, Isolation and Paranoia, Robert Culp and Eli Wallach play the two researchers sent in to find a colleague and finish of the project only for them to turn on each other when they believe someone is with them. This is one of those movies that you know what's happening, who's behind it all yet have you glued to the screen right to the end on how it unfolds. Not exactly a big budget but does have some good suspense build up.

Attachment 238867

Like the sound of this.

MrBarlow 30th January 2022 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 666385)
Like the sound of this.

I found it on YouTube Dem and thought i'd give it a look, some T.v movies are better made than big budget film, the two main stars really worked well together.

iank 30th January 2022 08:00 PM

Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan. A school trip by boat takes off from Crystal Lake to New York, with a rather unwanted stowaway - Jason Vorhees! The 8th in the venerable horror franchise gets a lot of stick due to the title being a bit of a cheek, with the film only getting to NY past the hour mark - "Jason Takes A Cruise" would probably be more accurate - but for all that I rather like it. It's pretty well made and acted, and the stuff on the ship as it goes out of control and floods in a storm, with the characters also having to deal with Jason on the rampage, is pretty atmospheric and entertaining. It amused me for its run time anyway! ;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th January 2022 10:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Collateral (2004)

Tom Cruise stars as a cold blooded hitman being driven around LA over the course of one night time by unwitting cabbie Jamie Foxx. Cruise embarks on a series of five ruthless assassinations whilst Foxx tries to work out ways to escape as cop Mark Ruffalo closes in on the trail of death.

Both Foxx and Cruise are excellent here, Cruise in particular is cast against type and is highly effective as the merciless killer. However for me it's director Michael Mann who is the real star of this film, his shooting of night time Los Angeles, both on film and digitally, make the city lights look alternately moody, dangerous and aided by an awesome soundtrack of music from Miles Davis, Paul Oakenfold and Audioslave, supremely stylish and cool.

Loved watching this on Blu-ray, made me long to go back to LA.