Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

dawnofthedead 27th October 2010 10:14 PM

I have just bought I spit on your grave I love the video nasties still can't understand why they have put back video nasties the definitive guide

re.form 28th October 2010 09:37 PM

The Rig. Most people would probably say this is bad, cheap Alien rip-off. But is more like a rip-off of Xtro 2 more than anything.

DeadAlive 29th October 2010 07:44 AM

The Girl Next Door.
Mr. Vampire III.
Friday The 13th. (1980)
Force Of Five.
Dracula Vs Frankenstein.
Halloween. (1978)
Mr. Vampire Saga 4.

BioZombie 29th October 2010 09:13 AM

I watched Wild Zero again the other day. It's such a crazy fun film. It describes itself as a Rock n Roll Jet movie, whateve that is. Its a zombie film about a guy called Ace who loves the band guitar wolf (it Japanese and I believe their quite big over there). People turn into zombies and Ace along with Guitar Wolf (who turn out to be sort of super hero's) fight them off. It's full of all the sort of quirks you'd expect in a Japanese horror comedy its voilent, funny and often quite weird.

I also watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Movie. I really like this film. It reminds me so much of my childhood. It's also pretty well made, I love the lighting, and the flash back sequences are fantastic. Plus the fact that Golden Harvest were involved makes the fight scenes with giant turtles at least belevable, in fact their pretty good.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 29th October 2010 11:43 AM

Dark Night of the Scarecrow
Sweet Sixteen

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 29th October 2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 110327)
Dark Night of the Scarecrow
Sweet Sixteen

I think that Scarecrow is stalking me! For the past few days, that film has been popping up like crazy. What did you think of the film? I'm tempted to buy it.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 29th October 2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 110328)
I think that Scarecrow is stalking me! For the past few days, that film has been popping up like crazy. What did you think of the film? I'm tempted to buy it.

I'm a tad biased towards the film, as it is one I've been waiting to arrive on DVD for a few years now, and a film I've always enjoyed.

It's good, honest cheesy fun. No gore to speak of, just your atypical R-Rated slasher - but with a supernatural twist. The VCI disc is of okay -> good quality, but I think that's more down to the materials than them.

Definitely worth a watch.

re.form 29th October 2010 09:25 PM

Lost Boys 3.

In some ways, Corey Feldman even surpasses the tour de force of acting he displayed in Demonic Toys Vs Puppet Master.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 30th October 2010 10:34 AM

A Halloween horror double-bill today: Tombs of the Blind Dead and Dellamorte Dellamore.

Hopefully have time for another horror double later on.

Sam 30th October 2010 10:40 AM

Demonia - not too bad for a later Fulci. Takes an age to get going but once it does, there are some decent (and gory) set pieces. The scene where Al Cliver gets harpooned by a topless, headless ghost has to be seen to be believed! :lol:

Neon Maniacs - I was a bit disappointed with this as I usually love this sort of thing. The make-up for the monsters was good but they were wasted on a threadbare plot and, unless I missed something, their origin was never even explained. All the usual 80's elements were there such as the bad dress sense and corny music (especially during the battle of the bands scene) so there is some fun to be had with this, just not as much as I was expecting. Worth a watch but not great.