Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Make Them Die Slowly 15th June 2010 09:23 PM

BLOOD FREAK

Being ever on the look out for a film that combines turkey farming, mutations and Christian values delivered by a man sitting behind a desk, I couldn't believe my luck when I stumbled on this film...

This is as daft as they come: a free spirit biker dude falls in with a crowd of drug users, dumps his Christian girl friend, gets a job on a turkey farm and tries experimental turkey meat that transforms his head into that of a turkey! He then goes on the rampage slicing throats and drinking blood.

Throughout the film a man sat at a desk pops up with social commentary and Christian advice. I'm still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor after watching this one.

re.form 16th June 2010 12:07 AM

The Girl Who knew too Much

James Morton 16th June 2010 12:25 AM

What films have you seen recently?

saw CHARLEY VARRICK, a very good 70's thriller
BOY MEETS GIRL, the 1994 film that was once banned, ridiculous!
a very good low budget Brit film
one of my fave films of all time, the French supernatural horror VIDOCQ,
could someone please tell me why the hell no UK distributor has released this fantastic film?
I have the excellent French dvd, (shame no English subs on extras, except music video) but I know for a fact the R1 is a terrible dvd.
Crap dubbing, and translation. even the subtitles have typical American dialogue. avoid!

DeadAlive 16th June 2010 05:19 AM

Mask Of Satan - Pure class. You can cut the atmosphere with a knife. A big sharp blood dripping one at that. ;)

Horror Express - Great fun with Christopher Lee & Peter Cushion. It's been a long time since I last saw this and it was better than I remembered it. :nod:

Taxi Hunter - Anthony Wong is brilliant in this slice of HK exploitation. Crazy stunts and some brutal violence are backed up with some powerful acting. Only the occasional poorly realised support player (Mainly some cops.) don't quite hit the mark. :rolleyes:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th June 2010 07:05 AM

Had a double dose of nun fun last night with Flavia the Heretic and Killer Nun courtesy of the guys at Shameless.

Aurora75 16th June 2010 07:56 AM

To the Stars by Hard Ways -

1980 Russian Sci-Fi. Very cool, will write a review when I get some time.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th June 2010 04:49 PM

The last films I watched were: Django, A Bullet for the General Keoma and Le Mepris.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th June 2010 07:46 PM

I was owed some time at work so decided to take this afternoon off. I used it in the most productive and constructive way I could think of, and watched some films:

Ratman
Frankenstein's Castle of Freaks
Slugs
Hell Comes to Frogtown

Aurora75 16th June 2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 86625)
Hell Comes to Frogtown[/B]

Saw that for the first time a few days back, a silly but entertaining watch :)

pedromonkey 16th June 2010 09:34 PM

Frogtown is great, Roddy Piper is fun and Sandhal Bergman undresses at ever available minute, fun as hell...