Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Sargento 1st February 2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 125389)
just seen Hatchet 2!

The kills were awesome!! as far as the rest goes it was alright. Story could been much better but then again this move is all about the kills so should not expect too much.

I really can't wait for this to be released on DVD and Blu! Heard good and bad, but really wanna make my own judgement!!! Love the first.

Eurosleaze 1st February 2011 03:45 PM

Ratman - Not best impressed, to be honest with you. Isn't quite without merit but most of the film is dull.

No Room to Die - average spaghetti western from the 1960s. Nothing to write home about and not particularly interesting. Nice to see William Berger in it though.

nekromantik 1st February 2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 125454)
I really can't wait for this to be released on DVD and Blu! Heard good and bad, but really wanna make my own judgement!!! Love the first.

I loved the first too.
I was not disappointed as I did not go in expecting a good story and awesome acting etc. With movies like this, you have to know what to expect then you cant be disappointed. In terms of what I think it was all about (gore, death scenes) it delivered.

mbv 1st February 2011 08:25 PM

Saw 6. One of the better sequels. Good gore and half decent story.
Jaws. One of the only films I start watching and can't turn it off

Sargento 1st February 2011 08:37 PM

Just watched

Hatchet 2

Well I did enjoy it, but it was certainly NOT in the same fun, charming league as the first one was in. There was very little story, and the director/writer seemed to be linking up one - rather daft - gore scene with another. Although rather graphic, none of the effects were offensive ... or convincing for that matter. A watcher more than a buyer IMHO.

JoeTerror 1st February 2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundercrack (Post 125418)
You should wait Until they release the trilogy because at the same time they will release the Original Mini-Series version of the trilogy called Millenium which is has 2 hours more footage than the film versions running time combined i.e. each book has been done as 2 90 minute parts to form a 6 part mini-series.

Cool...I'll have to keep an eye out for it thanks!

JoeTerror 1st February 2011 11:30 PM

One Of The More Original Films I've Seen In A While!

Just finished watching 1550 Elms Way, and although it wasn't that scary it was one of the more original films I've seen in ages! Kudos to the Canadians! It also got pretty good towards the end with some cool visuals!

nekromantik 1st February 2011 11:39 PM

Just seen Beneath the Darkness.

Hmm had potential but I tought as it went along it got quite tiresome.
The end "twist" was so obvious too.

mbv 2nd February 2011 11:10 AM

Watched Creepshow 2 last night. Was ok but wouldn't be rushing out to buy it. Liked the raft the most

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd February 2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbv (Post 125729)
Watched Creepshow 2 last night. Was ok but wouldn't be rushing out to buy it. Liked the raft the most

Yeah, The Raft is definitely my favourite story, too mbv.

Creepshow 2 is decent, but doesn't come close to the original; and the less the said about the third the better! :eek:

I watched 2001: A Space Odyssey for the first time in HD the other night - I honestly couldn't see how this film could get any better, but I was wrong. It looked absolutely stunning, and is definitely one of the best HD transfers of any film I've seen so far.

Singapore Sling demanded a re-watch, due to it being mentioned the other day by necroluciferia. Whilst not for everyone, I really enjoy the clash of neo-noir and sexual madness this film brings. ;)