Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

mercury 7th June 2011 07:37 PM

Slaughter High
Funhouse

gag 8th June 2011 02:16 AM

Any one seen a film called rubber if so what u think of it ?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th June 2011 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 156478)
Any one seen a film called rubber if so what u think of it ?

Rubber is a very weird movie as it follows the adventures of a sentient car tyre which is able to kill people by telekinesis! I imagine it's a 'Marmite' film, but I thought it was great:

Rubber Blu-Ray Review

DryJack 8th June 2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 156485)
Rubber is a very weird movie as it follows the adventures of a sentient car tyre which is able to kill people by telekinesis! I imagine it's a 'Marmite' film, but I thought it was great:

Rubber Blu-Ray Review

Sounds like a road movie!

Demoncrat 8th June 2011 12:03 PM

watched Despicable Me....very conservative message wrapped up by some neat sight gags...6/10
The Human Centipede....not as laughable, or as gross as i was led to believe, my mates are in for a rough ride when i bring them to task for "plugging" (nae pun intended) this pointless little film...5/10
Demons of the Mind....started very predictably, it heats up when M Horden turns up as harbinger of god, great ending, pity about R Hardy's "oo arrr" comedy turn, 2nd oddest film in Hammer boxset so far...
also showed mate part of War of the Robots, he agreed that it was THE worst print he'd seen as well...;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th June 2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryJack (Post 156503)
Sounds like a road movie!

It's definitely something different and the ending is something else entirely! If you fancy trying something new and are prepared to watch it with an open mind, it's really worth watching.

Gojirosan 8th June 2011 08:04 PM

After Legion yesterday and now My Soul To Take today, the gods of film owe me BIG!

You try to use a period of illness to catch up on some films and you get stinker after stinker!

PaulD 8th June 2011 11:17 PM

We've just got a 3 month subscription to Cinema Paradiso (LoveFilm type online rental service) for £6 thanks to a Groupon offer so I'm expecting to go through a ton of films over the next few months. The first one was Sunshine which we watched last night. For some reason I had avoided it as I was sure I'd heard it was rubbish but I thought it was incredible to be honest. Really enjoyed it.

Also, just watched the Cat O' Nine Tails before as it was on The Horror Channel

nekromantik 9th June 2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 156666)
After Legion yesterday and now My Soul To Take today, the gods of film owe me BIG!

You try to use a period of illness to catch up on some films and you get stinker after stinker!

the whole diner part of legion was awesome! but then it went down fast as soon as they left the diner. I LOVED the old woman!

Only good thing about My Soul To Take was Max Thierot :lol:

Gojirosan 9th June 2011 12:47 AM

I didn't think Legion had any redeeming features at all. At least My Soul To Take had Zena Grey*! :nod::lol:

However, I got my reward for sitting through two such awful films: just watched Outpost for the first time, which was just wonderful.

* Hubba hubba, rowr etc...