Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

James Morton 5th June 2011 09:31 PM

What films have you seen recently?

Luc Besson's THE EXTRAORDINARY ADVENTURES OF ADELE BLANC-SEC, a charming comedy fantasy
Stuart Gordon's excellent KING OF THE ANTS

PaulD 6th June 2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 155979)
30th anniversary of NOTLD. It was amazing......ly shit.:lol:

I don't think I've ever been so disappointed as I was when I bought Anchor Bay's Trilogy of the Dead boxset. Not only was Dawn of the Dead cut but having to have the NOTLD 30th Anniversary edition was just painful and it was awful to watch. Thank god I sold it on eBay and upgraded to the Arrow BD's and the Elite Milennium edition

Argentofan 6th June 2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 156124)
I don't think I've ever been so disappointed as I was when I bought Anchor Bay's Trilogy of the Dead boxset. Not only was Dawn of the Dead cut but having to have the NOTLD 30th Anniversary edition was just painful and it was awful to watch. Thank god I sold it on eBay and upgraded to the Arrow BD's and the Elite Milennium edition

It is quite a bad boxset. Even the pictures on the back are wrong! Day has a picture from Dawn and vice versa. :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th June 2011 07:16 PM

I own two colourised versions of Night of the Living Dead, both of which came in multi-DVD box sets where the price works out as less than £1 per DVD!

Still overpriced if you ask me.

Gojirosan 7th June 2011 03:26 PM

I have just sat through last year's Legion.

What a load of utter crap.

Possibly the worst thing I've seen this year. Certainly a contender.

Hateful.

Prince_Vajda 7th June 2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 156192)
I own two colourised versions of Night of the Living Dead, both of which came in multi-DVD box sets where the price works out as less than £1 per DVD!

Still overpriced if you ask me.

You can say that again! The original Night of the Living Dead and colour - that's like having Château Mouton Rothschild and a Big Mac together. Some people will love it, but it is indeed disgusting. :eek:

Just imagine: all those old fantastic moody black and white flicks in colour versions. Ninotchka in colour - baah, I am shivering from head to toe considering such an abomination. :shocked:

Greetings!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th June 2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 156377)
I have just sat through last year's Legion.

What a load of utter crap.

Possibly the worst thing I've seen this year. Certainly a contender.

Hateful.

My thoughts exactly. I was sent the BD to review and I watched it then wrote the review and haven't touched the disc since! In my review, I gave it two stars out of five and figured I was being more than generous. I think I was comparing it to the likes of Marley & Me, Bride Wars and Max Payne, which are all far worse films.

Legion Blu-ray

platostotal 7th June 2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 156383)
You can say that again! The original Night of the Living Dead and colour - that's like having Château Mouton Rothschild and a Big Mac together. Some people will love it, but it is indeed disgusting. :eek:

Just imagine: all those old fantastic moody black and white flicks in colour versions. Ninotchka in colour - baah, I am shivering from head to toe considering such an abomination. :shocked:

Greetings!

True indeed 'Prince', the way tech is evolving our generation may be the last to see things without 400 different digital 'fixes' to make them more appealing. I remember when they first colourized vintage B/W films, what a stupid idea. And rightly said, nothing wrong with fine wine or a Big Mac, but not on the same menu. Gad, just imagine 100 years from now. On second thought don't, just watch a good film instead.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th June 2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 156384)
My thoughts exactly. I was sent the BD to review and I watched it then wrote the review and haven't touched the disc since! In my review, I gave it two stars out of five and figured I was being more than generous. I think I was comparing it to the likes of Marley & Me, Bride Wars and Max Payne, which are all far worse films.

Legion Blu-ray

Seen that film once, never again, i cried my eyes out for the last twenty minutes, not just a tear or two.

I've had labradors ever since i was born, still own one now (Hi Bramble, if you're reading this - probably unlikely)

It was just too much. :(

The following day i cried my eyes out again as i realised i had watched an entire Owen Wilson film. :shocked:

Gojirosan 7th June 2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 156418)
(Hi Bramble, if you're reading this - probably unlikely)

Best post ever.