Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th July 2011 10:27 AM

I'm in the fortunate position of having seen The Proposition at the cinema but haven't bought a copy on DVD so I won't feel a little guilty about buying the BD. I'll have to check on the differences between the Region A and Region B versions first.

oaxaca 8th July 2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 164343)
Watched Miner's House today for the first time and really enjoyed it. Mix Amityville Horror with Evil Dead 2 and you get something along the lines of this - one very fun film! I've yet to see the 2nd film, but the 3rd one is much much darker yet still enjoyable.

The HOUSE films are a real blast from the past for me! Used to watch 'em a lot in my teens when I was getting into horror movies... Loved the 1st one, a really decent 80s horror movie with a bit of humour, the second one is a flat out comedy/fantasy, and as you say the 3rd is a more serious horror movie. All three are good in different ways, its such a random series of films :p I don't remember what HOUSE 4 was like though I must have seen it. I got the first 2 on DVD released by ABUK. Would love a blu ray boxset for the series!

Gojirosan 8th July 2011 09:49 PM

I just watched Uwe Boll's Alone In The Dark.

What the Hell did I put into my eyes?

:(

nekromantik 8th July 2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 164530)
I just watched Uwe Boll's Alone In The Dark.

What the Hell did I put into my eyes?

:(

Well after 25 mins of House of the Dead I no longer wish to witness anymore of the Boll :happy:

Gojirosan 8th July 2011 10:11 PM

Alone In The Dark was not as bad as I had been lead to believe...

...you should not imply from that that it was any good at all, however!

nekromantik 8th July 2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 164536)
Alone In The Dark was not as bad as I had been lead to believe...

...you should not imply from that that it was any good at all, however!

:lol:

Try and sit through House of the Dead or Bloodrayne

gag 8th July 2011 10:36 PM

At the mo im watching Masters of horror series 2 almost finished to be totaly honest i thought most where either stupid dull boring etc wasnt realy that impressed...1 or 2 directors ive never heard of so i googled them and some only have a odd film to the name, so therefore hardly fits the bill for title of the series..

gag 8th July 2011 10:48 PM

here something interesting according to wikipedia

Masters of Italian Horror is also in the works, though not related to the other two show's creators. The first four directors announced are Lamberto Bava, Umberto Lenzi, Sergio Martino, and Nicola Rondolino.

nekromantik 8th July 2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 164544)
here something interesting according to wikipedia

Masters of Italian Horror is also in the works, though not related to the other two show's creators. The first four directors announced are Lamberto Bava, Umberto Lenzi, Sergio Martino, and Nicola Rondolino.

that was announced a while back.
nothing has been heard since

edit:
Just seen House 2

hmm...it was s**t!
So boring and nothing like the first.
I will check 3 out which is meant to be much darker.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 9th July 2011 08:54 PM

Just watched The Terror Of Tiny Town - a Western with 'an all midget cast' Lol look at those midgets!