Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Gojirosan 13th July 2011 07:07 PM

Moon Of The Wolf - one of my many passions is for made-for-TV horror, especially the stuff from the 70s. Never seen this one before though, even though it is in the public domain unlike most TV stuff of its ilk.

It's a great film! Nice atmosphere, David Janssen, Bradford Dillman, Geoffrey Lewis, Louisiana swamps, wolfman....top notch stuff!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th July 2011 08:08 PM

I bought Moon of the Wolf for 44 cents from DVD Pacific ages ago and watched it once so can't remember anything about it! It's not high on my list of films to re-watch though.

nekromantik 13th July 2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 165552)
Possibly, but the film didn't fail because of Nicolas Cage's performance -- it was primarily the awful script and poor direction. When Nicholas Cage is directed well, you end up with an Oscar-winning performance like in Leaving Las Vegas.

sure the script was bad but it was nic who made it a comedy.
thats just my opinion tho.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th July 2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 165601)
sure the script was bad but it was nic who made it a comedy.
thats just my opinion tho.

It was the bees for me. ;)

DryJack 14th July 2011 12:28 AM

Watched "Dead Birds" last night. Wonderfully creepy movie. The fact that it's set during the American civil war really works well. I jumped out of my skin at least three times.

nekromantik 14th July 2011 12:50 AM

Just seen Quarantine 2.

Hmm...it was ok for a random zombie flick I spose.
It has nothing to do with [rec] or [rec] 2 apart from the apartment building is mentioned.
It was just a cheap cash in on the name really.
Its better then the first as at least its not a remake :lol:

Demoncrat 14th July 2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 165552)
Possibly, but the film didn't fail because of Nicolas Cage's performance -- it was primarily the awful script and poor direction. When Nicholas Cage is directed well, you end up with an Oscar-winning performance like in Leaving Las Vegas.

ok, but look at the last 5 films hes made...all dogs...IMO.

Baseball Fury 14th July 2011 11:34 AM

You're a mental. Kick-Ass was incredible. Bad Lieutenant was great.

Going back before that you've got WTC, Adaptation, The Weather Man, Bringing Out The Dead, Face Off, 8mm, The Rock, Leaving Las Vegas, Trapped In Paradise, Wild at Heart and Raising Arizona. All great films!

PaulD 14th July 2011 11:37 AM

Nic Cage channeling Adam West's Batman in Kick Ass was one of the highlights of last year movie-wise for me.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th July 2011 11:46 AM

Nic Cage's performance in Kick Ass was the only thing I liked about the movie.

However, his recent output is nowhere near the calibre of some of his earlier performances; Leaving Las Vegas, Wild at Heart, Raising Arizona etc.