Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th July 2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehamish (Post 165708)
ok, but look at the last 5 films hes made...all dogs...IMO.

Bad Lieutenant was excellent.

Not seen Drive or Season though.

The only absolute rubbish he's made in the last few years is Bangkok Dangerous.

Demoncrat 14th July 2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 165713)
You're a mental. Kick-Ass was incredible. Bad Lieutenant was great.

Going back before that you've got WTC, Adaptation, The Weather Man, Bringing Out The Dead, Face Off, 8mm, The Rock, Leaving Las Vegas, Trapped In Paradise, Wild at Heart and Raising Arizona. All great films!

oops forgot about the 'Ass....cant agree about BL:PONO...big fan of the original...sue me its S H I T E Y IMO. WTC? i try not to watch propaganda myself..cough cough...i remember a little film called Vampires Kiss...go check that out if you can....the seeds of his demise were always there.....

Baseball Fury 14th July 2011 12:22 PM

Slightly off-topic, but exactly what propaganda is in WTC? Considering (and surprisingly) as it's an Oliver Stone film, there is barely any socio-political viewpoint, is just a dramatisation of recorded facts. I'm not trying to start a war time debate, as we're straying ever so slightly OT, but I am intrigued as to your view that WTC is a propaganda film?

Gojirosan 14th July 2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 165713)
You're a mental. Kick-Ass was incredible. Bad Lieutenant was great.

Going back before that you've got WTC, Adaptation, The Weather Man, Bringing Out The Dead, Face Off, 8mm, The Rock, Leaving Las Vegas, Trapped In Paradise, Wild at Heart and Raising Arizona. All great films!

I think you are the only person I have ever encountered who thought 8mm was a good film. I genuinely thought it was one of the worst films I have ever seen in my life. The Rock was nearly as bad.

Others you mention are excellent though (Bringing Out The Dead, Raising Arizona, Wild At Heart and Kick-Ass especially)

Baseball Fury 14th July 2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 165770)
I think you are the only person I have ever encountered who thought 8mm was a good film. I genuinely thought it was one of the worst films I have ever seen in my life. The Rock was nearly as bad.

Others you mention are excellent though (Bringing Out The Dead, Raising Arizona, Wild At Heart and Kick-Ass especially)

I enjoyed 8mm, especially Gandolfini and Stormare, because I'm a big fan of both.

As for The Rock, it's a guilty pleasure admittedly, but I think it's the last great US blockbuster. I think it's the only good film that Michael Bay's ever made, and a eulogy to Don Simpson. We've never seen films like it since, just piss poor imitations, as I think they died with Simpson.

pedromonkey 14th July 2011 06:18 PM

here i come with my nic cage love...

I love Nic Cage, he makes shit now but has made some seriously badass movies,
Con Air
The Rock
Face/Off
being the best of his action movies then you have great stuff like MoonStruck, Vampires Kiss, Bad Lt: Port of Call New Orleans, Amos and Andrew with Sam Jackosn, Leaving Las Vegas, Lord Of War, Raising Arizona, Guarding Tess, Wild at Heart, Wings of The Apache, Red Rock West...etc....

He really has made some great films and IMO National Treasure 2 is what Indiana Jones 4 should have been, i love those two national Treasure flicks.

Here's his imdb page....NIC CAGE IMDB PAGE

Prince_Vajda 14th July 2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 165855)
here i come with my nic cage love...

I love Nic Cage, he makes shit now but has made some seriously badass movies,
Con Air
The Rock
Face/Off
being the best of his action movies then you have great stuff like MoonStruck, Vampires Kiss, Bad Lt: Port of Call New Orleans, Amos and Andrew with Sam Jackosn, Leaving Las Vegas, Lord Of War, Raising Arizona, Guarding Tess, Wild at Heart, Wings of The Apache, Red Rock West...etc....

He really has made some great films and IMO National Treasure 2 is what Indiana Jones 4 should have been, i love those two national Treasure flicks.

Here's his imdb page....NIC CAGE IMDB PAGE

Nicolas Cage's best role - Fu Man Chu! :lol:

Greetings!

Baseball Fury 14th July 2011 07:59 PM

Yes! Embrace the CAGE.

mercury 14th July 2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 165770)

I really liked 8mm so now you know 2 people that like it:)

Watched Grown Ups. I like this film and find it quite funny. Then again I like most of Adam Sandler's films:)

Argentofan 14th July 2011 08:37 PM

Just watched Grindhouse as a whole. Planet Terror is great in either form, the shorter cut is probably the one that will get the most re-watched though, and I much preferred Death Proof in a shorter form. The only thing I missed was the butterfly lap dance but other than that I thought it flowed a lot better and I enjoyed it more than the longer version. :D