Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

trebor8273 28th April 2016 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 487612)
I was worried that Winter's Soldier wouldn't be as good, but I'm hoping that it will be. I'm going to try and watch Thor 2 later after I've had a tutorial :)

Quick question though, even though Guardians of the Galaxy is part of the MCU is it in the same timeline, do I need to see it to make sense of things in Avengers 2 and moving on to Civil War, same with Ant Man I guess but that seems like it at least has connotations of SHIELD in it.

Winter solider is great my second favorite Marvel film after guardians of the Galaxy

J Harker 28th April 2016 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 487635)
It was, bag of shit sums it up perfectly.

I seriously do hope Nord decides to do Comic Book/Superhero films one week for TT. I'd love to see what you do pick.

gag 28th April 2016 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 487635)
It was, bag of shit sums it up perfectly.

Tbh a lot of these type of films have less than zero interest to me, have no apeal or interest what so ever like iron man as well.
Ok i like the bag of shite apeal but i cant comment cos ive never seen alot of them, and trailers etc doesnt do anything at all for me to even watch and see if they are shite, but if they go by any of the ones ive tried to watch and turned them of, then the bag of shite makes sense :rolleyes:

Mojo 28th April 2016 07:09 PM

SYMPTOMS
Jose Larraz's 'lost' film makes it to blu ray and dvd thanks to the BFI Flipside's fantastic range of releases.
Angela Pleasance stars as a woman staying in a country mansion with her friend, who starts to notice Ms Pleasance's increasingly odd behaviour, together with strange sounds and voices at night.
Although there are some shocks, this plays out as more of a slow burning psychological thriller that is a joy to watch.
Fantastic to see the Flipside series back again, particularly with such a strong release.

CROSS ROADS
The late great Christopher Lee is the focus of attention here, in an eerie short tale of revenge that has somehow been unearthed by the BFI.
A real find for fans of Mr Lee and a nice precursor to his imminent shooting to stardom with Hammer ( there is even a Dracula style close up of his eyes at one point! )
Another terrific 'extra' for the Flipside.

J Harker 28th April 2016 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 487642)
SYMPTOMS
Jose Larraz's 'lost' film makes it to blu ray and dvd thanks to the BFI Flipside's fantastic range of releases.
Angela Pleasance stars as a woman staying in a country mansion with her friend, who starts to notice Ms Pleasance's increasingly odd behaviour, together with strange sounds and voices at night.
Although there are some shocks, this plays out as more of a slow burning psychological thriller that is a joy to watch.
Fantastic to see the Flipside series back again, particularly with such a strong release.

CROSS ROADS
The late great Christopher Lee is the focus of attention here, in an eerie short tale of revenge that has somehow been unearthed by the BFI.
A real find for fans of Mr Lee and a nice precursor to his imminent shooting to stardom with Hammer ( there is even a Dracula style close up of his eyes at one point! )
Another terrific 'extra' for the Flipside.

I've been fancying that one myself. Even more so now Mojo.

keirarts 29th April 2016 06:37 AM

Well, there's a bunch of stuff I need to review (coming soon-ish) but thought I'd jump forward a little to

Captain America: Civil war

Our VUE had a triple bill of all three Cap films so went last night.

All I can say is that its terrific, much better than Age of Ultron and lives up to it's hype. It has similar themes to batman V superman yet it manages to deal with these subjects in a much better way, it didn't feel at all boring in spite of its running time and all character motivations make sense within the film itself.

Also.... BEST.....SPIDEY........EVER!!!!

Justin101 29th April 2016 07:04 AM

I still have to watch Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron before I can go and see it, but I was planning to go On Monday so I have plenty of time, I might even fit Guardians of the Galaxy in as well :)

J Harker 29th April 2016 07:12 AM

Our Vue is doing a Captain America marathon. Both Avengers and all three Cap films in chronological order. Something like 9 in the morning til 10 at night.

Demoncrat 29th April 2016 02:43 PM

Captain America (2011, Joe Johnston)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014, Russo/Russo)

Marvel bloody everywhere now it seems.

Never really cared for the Captain, though have just acquired to the two 1979 TVMs...I'll keep you posted haha. 1st is standard origin story (really??), 2nd far betterer, great villian, Toby Jones cameo etc etc. Recommended!!

Roll on Marvel Zombies......;)

Justin101 29th April 2016 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 487744)
Captain America (2011, Joe Johnston)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014, Russo/Russo)

Marvel bloody everywhere now it seems.

Never really cared for the Captain, though have just acquired to the two 1979 TVMs...I'll keep you posted haha. 1st is standard origin story (really??), 2nd far betterer, great villian, Toby Jones cameo etc etc. Recommended!!

Roll on Marvel Zombies......;)

Toby's in the first one too.

Inspector Abberline 29th April 2016 05:12 PM

Craze (1974)

1 Attachment(s)
Craze (1974)

This film was totally new to me,before I had only seen its faded jacket on some video shop shelve back in the past,or the odd picture of Jack Palance wielding an axe in some horror review book. And after watching it I find it hard to compare it to any other film from that period,maybe a touch of the Pete Walkers about it with a touch of Dan Curtis Trilogy of Terror episode "Amelia" with its Zuni fetish doll. Craze was directed by Freddie Francis who as a cinematographer had a very illustrious career, but as a Director its been a bit hit or miss,with Mumsy, Nanny, Sonny & Girly and The Ghoul being some of the high lights while The Doctor and the Devils and Legend of the Werewolf being a bit on the MEH side,with Craze falling somewhere in the middle. The cast if nothing else is pretty impressive Jack Palance, Diana Dors ,Julie Ege ,Hugh Griffith ,Trevor Howard ,Suzy Kendall and David Warbeck are all in there some where,chewing on the edge of various bits of scenery.I have to say Diana Dors was in splendid slutty form flouncing about being the randy landlady slugging down gob fulls of brandy in eager anticipation of some rumpy pumpy with mad Jack.Also Julie Ege does a splendid job of falling for the psychotic sexual charms of crazy Jack.On the whole I did enjoy craze,it had that undefinable 1970's scuzzy quality which you some times get from the bargain basement end of British cinema. Obviously Jack Palance made this in his wilderness years while in Europe,before he regained his status back in America in the 1980's.I suppose Freddie remembered bad Jack from Torture Garden segment The Man Who Collected Poe,and thought AHA we need a mentalist,ill phone Palance.

trebor8273 29th April 2016 07:22 PM

Captain America civil war

Bloody fantastic, it's now between this and guardians of the Galaxy for my favorite marvel film. unlike a certain other superhero film this movie was a joy from begining to end with never a dull moment and even when there was no action it was exciting. Thought the film would be very pro Cap but you see the problem from both sides and it's hard to fully supoort one team. The whole fight a the airport was amazing especially the Antman bit. To my surprise I thought Spider-Man would be terrible but how wrong I was, this is the best Spidey we have seen on the screen, the scene in which he is recruited by Stark was one of the funniest in the film, the charcter didn't come of as annoying and whinny as the other movies, so really looking forward to see Spider-Man homecoming now, but for me the real highlight was the black panther who was just awesome . I would advise rewatching winter solider before you see it. 9.7/10

iank 29th April 2016 09:20 PM

Cat's Eye. James Woods is a chain-smoker who hires Quitters Inc to help him kick the habit, only to find it's a Mob-run company that has very strong methods to ensure you quit; Robert Hays (Airplane!) is the boyfriend of a woman involved with a dangerous hoodlum who forces him into a deadly bet - that he can't safely walk around the thin ledge of a building's 30th floor; and Drew Barrymore is a little girl terrorised in the night by a breath-stealing troll that lives behind her skirting board. This mid 80s anthology flick of three Stephen King stories (connected by the loose thread of the titular feline who gets involved in all) is a funny and creepy delight that has always been one of my favourites, and still is. Always go back to this every few years, it's just so much fun.:):nod:

gag 29th April 2016 09:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not this for sure, but only reaaon why ive put this up is because ive had busy day and only been in a hour and not had chance to read the paper
As i turned the page and started to read that article tommorow never die started playing on tv. So guess it was right then

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th April 2016 10:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Offbeat (1961)

An MI5 officer goes undercover in a gang of crooks as they attempt to pull off a diamond heist.

An interesting British B-picture starring William Sylvester (Devils of Darkness 1965). At times playing out like a lesser version of the previous years The League of Gentlemen which shows the meticulous lengths criminals go to in order to carry out the seemingly perfect crime.

Although not a gripper, the film is well thought out with a few twists and turns along the way. The opening was particularly intriguing and completely threw me at first. Sylvester has splendid support from Anthony Dawson, John Meillon and Swedish siren, Mai Zetterling together with a zingy jazz score make this aptly titled thriller more than mere routine entertainment.

Shot on location in the centre of London, Offbeat is worth the attention of all crime film fans.

The Network dvd positively sparkles in the picture and sound department.

tele1962 30th April 2016 07:34 AM

Zombie 3.

While certainly not as good as Zombie Flesheaters it is still great fun none the less and one I would recommend picking up.

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/...psvdoljfhg.jpg

davidmurphy.dm19 30th April 2016 10:29 AM

Bone Tomahawk - Wow! What a great western/horror hybrid of a movie. Went in to this movie knowing very little, as was recommended by others, and just let the running-time of 132m wash over me. For me, Kurt Russell has never been better. In fairness, the entire cast were universally brilliant. The last forty minutes or so, were just savage. Part Western, part Hills Have Eyes and definitely part late '70s Italian Cannibal flick. Nice to see Jamison Newlander play a small roll as the towns Mayor. I'm familiar with him from The Blob remake and The Lost Boys.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Deadite 30th April 2016 10:36 AM

Age of Ultron. A strong last hour saved this film for me. Up to that point i found it slightly disappointing with several decisions seemingly off to me. Hawkeye basically changing from hardened spy/assassin who tortured Black Widow into Shield to a home-loving family man. Didn't sit well. Neither did the Widow/Banner 'romance'. Basically it looked like those 2 subplots were only there because those 2 characters are 'weaker' than the main heroes and to give them more screen-time.

Anyway, finished strongly, but no-where near as good as either the first Avengers movie or the Guardians of the Galaxy one.

Justin101 30th April 2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadite (Post 487895)
Age of Ultron. A strong last hour saved this film for me. Up to that point i found it slightly disappointing with several decisions seemingly off to me. Hawkeye basically changing from hardened spy/assassin who tortured Black Widow into Shield to a home-loving family man. Didn't sit well. Neither did the Widow/Banner 'romance'. Basically it looked like those 2 subplots were only there because those 2 characters are 'weaker' than the main heroes and to give them more screen-time.

Anyway, finished strongly, but no-where near as good as either the first Avengers movie or the Guardians of the Galaxy one.

I'll be watching this one tonight.
I watched Winter Soldier this morning, it blew me away. I thought i'd be going into Civil War on team Stark, but I think the Cap has it now.

I wasn't a massive fan of the first Avengers movie so I'm not really holding out much for the sequel but it's essential to the grand arc so I'll let you know what I think afterwards.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th April 2016 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidmurphy.dm19 (Post 487894)
Bone Tomahawk - Wow! What a great western/horror hybrid of a movie. Went in to this movie knowing very little, as was recommended by others, and just let the running-time of 132m wash over me. For me, Kurt Russell has never been better. In fairness, the entire cast were universally brilliant. The last forty minutes or so, were just savage. Part Western, part Hills Have Eyes and definitely part late '70s Italian Cannibal flick. Nice to see Jamison Newlander play a small roll as the towns Mayor. I'm familiar with him from The Blob remake and The Lost Boys.

I also thought it was a gripping watch with well developed characters, a harsh landscape and appropriate brutality.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 30th April 2016 11:08 AM

This past week's viewings:

Empire of the Ants (1977)

https://49.media.tumblr.com/eaae1c1d...wio8o1_500.gif

46/100

Good Against Evil (1977)

https://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l...sYM1qe90ht.jpg

33/100

Ants (1977)

http://41.media.tumblr.com/1e27f6637...uhq9o1_500.png

56/100

Are You in the House Alone? (1978)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...815cf16282.jpg

39/100

The Swimmer (1968)

http://41.media.tumblr.com/83a31c0a8...op2ao1_500.png

81/100

The Voices (2014)

https://45.media.tumblr.com/a2bc7724...nvk0o1_500.gif

76/100

The Initiation of Sarah (1978)

http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt...3ucoo1_500.jpg

45/100

Scalps (1983)

https://horrorbinge.files.wordpress....rior.jpg?w=500

47/100

Dracula (1979)

https://40.media.tumblr.com/c1cd994f...gyrwo1_500.jpg

63/100

Susan Foreman 30th April 2016 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 487899)

GIRL: Oh no. We are being attacked by millions of flesh eating ants. What shall we do?

BOY: Like wow man. Have a toke from one of these huge doobies

Nordicdusk 30th April 2016 03:43 PM

Batman V superman

This is going to be very short and to the point. Not a lover of superhero films but I do love me some Batman. There is only one good thing about this film and it's Batman Affleck is a great Batman the rest is a complete waste of time. Wonder Woman has no screen presence she just keeps appearing on the screen randomly Superman does not do much only mope around the place and Lex Luther what the hell were they thinking he just tried to play Lex way too crazy nothing like what Lex Luther is at all. The whole film is just all over the place it felt like just random scene after random scene nothing worked together at all. I had so many high hopes for this but when it comes down to it this is a rubbish film so disjointed a total mess.

Like I said one plus is Ben Affleck as Batman he is no Michael Keaton but then again it's a tough task when Michael Keaton Is Batman ;)

trebor8273 30th April 2016 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 487920)
Batman V superman

This is going to be very short and to the point. Not a lover of superhero films but I do love me some Batman. There is only one good thing about this film and it's Batman Affleck is a great Batman the rest is a complete waste of time. Wonder Woman has no screen presence she just keeps appearing on the screen randomly Superman does not do much only mope around the place and Lex Luther what the hell were they thinking he just tried to play Lex way too crazy nothing like what Lex Luther is at all. The whole film is just all over the place it felt like just random scene after random scene nothing worked together at all. I had so many high hopes for this but when it comes down to it this is a rubbish film so disjointed a total mess.

Like I said one plus is Ben Affleck as Batman he is no Michael Keaton but then again it's a tough task when Michael Keaton Is Batman ;)

its a shame as it had such great potential but as you say its a disjointed mess and doubt the directors cut will help it but i think the blame mostly lies with David S. Goyer. when you compare it to captain america civil all you think thats how you do a superhero film. you can a have it serous without out it being boring and depressing. it really is the emo of superhero films

said it before DC get there TV shows right but can't do the same for their movies

J Harker 30th April 2016 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 487920)
....it's a tough task when Michael Keaton Is Batman ;)

Amen brother.[emoji122]

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th April 2016 05:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Avengers Assemble (2012)

A film which Bizarre_Eye aside, i'm sure you've all seen and don't need me to go into any plot details.

After loving Iron Man (2008), falling asleep during Iron Man 2 (2010) and never returning to it, enjoying Thor (2011) and despising Captain America The First Avenger (2011), i decided now was the right time to check out Avengers Assemble seeing as i've just bought two spin off tv series based on the film.

Long story short. I loved it.

From first minute to last i found it invigorating, charming, funny and above all extremely entertaining. I'm sure much of my enjoyment came from the pen and direction of Joss Whedon, a director and writer who hooked me into buying tv on dvd like no other in the early 00's.

Whedon's style shines through especially in his characters. Iron Man's introduction to the fray was superbly executed. AC/DC's Shoot to Thrill blowing the surround speakers as he swoops onto the screen. Nice to see Robert Downey Jr sporting a Black Sabbath Never Say Die t-shirt for the remainder of the film as well. Downey Jr's chat with Mark Ruffalo about the Hulk was one of my favourite scenes in the film. Well written and thoroughly engaging allowing both actors and characters to have a little down time. It even reminded me of the De Niro / Pacino chat in Michael Mann's Heat (1995) showing the audience that beneath the iron suit and green skin were two genuine blokes who talked and drank like the rest of us.

Gwyneth Paltrow, in what was basically a glorified cameo as Pepper Potts lit up the screen, coming across as a far more approachable, fun loving person than her media profile suggests. Then there's Tom Hiddleston as Loki. I'd forgotten Hiddleston was in these films so his ever watchable presence was a welcome surprise. Thor (Chris Hemsworth) is a fine character, (although at times he did remind me of Cult Lab's own Nordy) his ongoing battle with The Hulk being of constant amusement.

Mark Ruffalo as Doctor Banner / The Hulk was the most believable character i felt, adding some less than heroic charm to the film as the good doctor just out to stay calm. Although it confused me a little when he exclaimed he was always angry meaning he could turn into the Hulk when he wanted. If this was indeed the case then why fight Thor earlier causing untold mayhem.

Finally, enter Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America. I don't know what it is for most of this film and Captain America The First Avenger he seems miscast. When put in conversation with Ruffalo and Downey Jr he seemed out of his league as an actor, completely lacking any personality in comparison to the other two. Having said that he seemed to grow into the role as the film progressed, especially during the battel in New York. Evans aside, the Avengers bitchy banter with one another was another highlight of the film. Again i'm sure this was down to Joss Whedon's screenplay as he knows from past experiences with Buffy, Angel and Firefly how to write for an ensemble cast. He even threw a few laugh out loud moments into the script with the Hulk sucker punching Thor, then trouncing Loki mid speech. Two genuinely funny moments in a thoroughly entertaining film. Samuel L Jackson and Jeremy Renner always add to whatever they are in and this film was no exception. With Scarlett Johannson's Black Widow thrown into the mix the producers seem to have got it right with this film.

It's not perfect by any means. Whilst brilliantly staged i did think Loki's army was a bit of a let down. Coming through the worm hole thing they didn't have the same wow factor as say, an army of Daleks or Borg for example. Maybe it's with me not being as familiar with Marvels universe, i'm not sure, it just lacked any great impact to me. However the action was a terrific spectacle and staged brilliantly by Whedon. At times the film seemed to pilfer ideas from other movies such as the mirrored car from Die Another Day (2002). An idea ridiculed at the time but when applied to the SHIELD flying aircraft carrier :confused: nobody bats an eyelid.

I think the biggest endorsement i can say about this film is that as the credits rolled all i could think about was purchasing the other films i don't own in the Avengers universe whilst they are still 2 for £13 in the stores.

Rik 30th April 2016 05:25 PM

Don't be comparing Thor to Nordy, he'll end up with Norsegod Complex :lol:

Justin101 30th April 2016 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 487930)
Avengers Assemble (2012)

This is a most surprising review but I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I would say give Winter Soldier a try because it just edges the first Iron Man out as the best Marvel film so far (in my opinion) and I would also give Iron Man 3 a go too as it's so much better than part 2 but that's not difficult to achieve.

I've turned into a Marvel addict this past week and have seen about 6-7 of the films :lol: Avengers 2 for me later and hopefully Cap America 3 this weekend as well.

J Harker 30th April 2016 05:33 PM

Quote:

Avengers Assemble (2012)

A film which Bizarre_Eye aside, i'm sure you've all seen and don't need me to go into any plot details.

After loving Iron Man (2008), falling asleep during Iron Man 2 (2010) and never returning to it, enjoying Thor (2011) and despising Captain America The First Avenger (2011), i decided now was the right time to check out Avengers Assemble seeing as i've just bought two spin off tv series based on the film.

Long story short. I loved it.

From first minute to last i found it invigorating, charming, funny and above all extremely entertaining. I'm sure much of my enjoyment came from the pen and direction of Joss Whedon, a director and writer who hooked me into buying tv on dvd like no other in the early 00's.

Whedon's style shines through especially in his characters. Iron Man's introduction to the fray was superbly executed. AC/DC's Shoot to Thrill blowing the surround speakers as he swoops onto the screen. Nice to see Robert Downey Jr sporting a Black Sabbath Never Say Die t-shirt for the remainder of the film as well. Downey Jr's chat with Mark Ruffalo about the Hulk was one of my favourite scenes in the film. Well written and thoroughly engaging allowing both actors and characters to have a little down time. It even reminded me of the De Niro / Pacino chat in Michael Mann's Heat (1995) showing the audience that beneath the iron suit and green skin were two genuine blokes who talked and drank like the rest of us.

Gwyneth Paltrow, in what was basically a glorified cameo as Pepper Potts lit up the screen, coming across as a far more approachable, fun loving person than her media profile suggests. Then there's Tom Hiddleston as Loki. I'd forgotten Hiddleston was in these films so his ever watchable presence was a welcome surprise. Thor (Chris Hemsworth) is a fine character, (although at times he did remind me of Cult Lab's own Nordy) his ongoing battle with The Hulk being of constant amusement.

Mark Ruffalo as Doctor Banner / The Hulk was the most believable character i felt, adding some less than heroic charm to the film as the good doctor just out to stay calm. Although it confused me a little when he exclaimed he was always angry meaning he could turn into the Hulk when he wanted. If this was indeed the case then why fight Thor earlier causing untold mayhem.

Finally, enter Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America. I don't know what it is for most of this film and Captain America The First Avenger he seems miscast. When put in conversation with Ruffalo and Downey Jr he seemed out of his league as an actor, completely lacking any personality in comparison to the other two. Having said that he seemed to grow into the role as the film progressed, especially during the battel in New York. Evans aside, the Avengers bitchy banter with one another was another highlight of the film. Again i'm sure this was down to Joss Whedon's screenplay as he knows from past experiences with Buffy, Angel and Firefly how to write for an ensemble cast. He even threw a few laugh out loud moments into the script with the Hulk sucker punching Thor, then trouncing Loki mid speech. Two genuinely funny moments in a thoroughly entertaining film. Samuel L Jackson and Jeremy Renner always add to whatever they are in and this film was no exception. With Scarlett Johannson's Black Widow thrown into the mix the producers seem to have got it right with this film.

It's not perfect by any means. Whilst brilliantly staged i did think Loki's army was a bit of a let down. Coming through the worm hole thing they didn't have the same wow factor as say, an army of Daleks or Borg for example. Maybe it's with me not being as familiar with Marvels universe, i'm not sure, it just lacked any great impact to me. However the action was a terrific spectacle and staged brilliantly by Whedon. At times the film seemed to pilfer ideas from other movies such as the mirrored car from Die Another Day (2002). An idea ridiculed at the time but when applied to the SHIELD flying aircraft carrier :confused: nobody bats an eyelid.

I think the biggest endorsement i can say about this film is that as the credits rolled all i could think about was purchasing the other films i don't own in the Avengers universe whilst they are still 2 for £13 in the stores.

I'm so happy i could cry.😅

Rik 30th April 2016 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 487933)
I'm so happy i could cry.😅

Do a dance instead :lol:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...4f&oe=579F19E9

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th April 2016 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 487932)
This is a most surprising review but I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I would say give Winter Soldier a try because it just edges the first Iron Man out as the best Marvel film so far (in my opinion) and I would also give Iron Man 3 a go too as it's so much better than part 2 but that's not difficult to achieve.

I've turned into a Marvel addict this past week and have seen about 6-7 of the films :lol: Avengers 2 for me later and hopefully Cap America 3 this weekend as well.

Thanks Justin.

Hopefully you'll review Avengers 2 on here for me, er', us.:lol:

I'll need something to purchase alongside Winter Soldier in the offer. Guardians of the Galaxy which was a priority now seems detached from it all.

Does any film give Black Widow more of a back story. In Avengers she was introduced tied to a chair.

J Harker 30th April 2016 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 487938)
Guardians of the Galaxy which was a priority now seems detached from it all.

Does any film give Black Widow more of a back story. In Avengers she was introduced tied to a chair.

Not really as regards Black Widow. Guardians still has its connections, albiet currently slight.

Justin101 30th April 2016 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 487938)

Not a back story per se but she is a main character in Winter Soldier, she's in it for pretty much the entire running time. The 2nd Thor movie was OK and quite similar in tone to the 1st one so if you have that and liked it maybe get that too?

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th April 2016 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 487941)
Not a back story per se but she is a main character in Winter Soldier, she's in it for pretty much the entire running time. The 2nd Thor movie was OK and quite similar in tone to the 1st one so if you have that and liked it maybe get that too?

Winter Soldier is set after Avengers Assemble isn't it?

Justin101 30th April 2016 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 487942)
Winter Soldier is set after Avengers Assemble isn't it?

Yeah the 'Phase 2' goes Iron Man 3 > Thor 2 > Cap America 2 > Avengers 2

it also includes Guardians and Ant Man in there at some point but aren't an integral part of the grand arc.

trebor8273 30th April 2016 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 487943)

it also includes Guardians and Ant Man in there at some point but aren't an integral part of the grand arc.

guardians will as all the avenger movies are leading upto thanos getting the infinity stones, starlord should have a big part in the infinty war because of who his father could turn out to be

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th April 2016 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 487943)

Cheers. Wondered what the exact running order was.

Justin101 30th April 2016 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 487947)
guardians will as all the avenger movies are leading upto thanos getting the infinity stones, starlord should have a big part in the infinty war because of who his father could turn out to be

I'm looking forward to watching Guardians, but where I said it wasn't integral I meant just for the Phase 2 and could be watched afterwards.

By the way is the post credits scene after Thor 2 an opening into Guardians? I'm not really familiar with it but I think the 'look' of it matched what I do know :lol:

Nordicdusk 30th April 2016 07:04 PM

I hope Hemsworth reminded you of me in a good way ;)

:lol:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 30th April 2016 08:24 PM

Quote:

Avengers Assemble (2012)

I've seen it. A mildly entertaining one-watch cluster-**** is probably how I'd describe it. :nod: