Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179849Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd March 2013, 04:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

It must take quite an effort to type like that . . .
Old 23rd March 2013, 05:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
Just 'ave t' mention th't Corman put some tish art an'all, some o' which fon' th'r way on t' MST3K t' bi "enhanced."

That sed Ah luv 'em all, 'specially t' Poe batch
I'll translate seeing as it reads like Yorkshire speak.

Just have to mention that Corman put some tish out as well, some of which found there way onto MST3K to be "enhanced"

That said, I love them all, especially the Poe batch

Hope this clears things up
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd March 2013, 05:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Amityville Horror '79

While I prefer the second film, it holds up pretty well, that is until the last "Kitchen Sink" third.

Dawn of the Dead '78

The sign of a classic horror film is, scenes still remain effective even after you've watched them numerous times. So a part of me is desperate for Roger to get back in the truck without getting bit and Flyboy pisses me off when he ignores Peter's advice about leaving the bikers to it. - Yea I love the film.

Scream

Hated it when it first came out. But decided to watch it again (since it was on TV) with an open mind. I didn't hate it as much this time, but I still think it's vastly overrated. In terms of, it's good, but not that good. It still falls apart by the end like most Slashers, it's production values go along way though. But it certainly didn't save a genre, (That had been going for 100 years or so!) if anything it lead to lots of unnecessary displays of teen angst in the genre.
Old 23rd March 2013, 05:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

The scene with the trucks always has me on edge, especially with that pounding Goblin music.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 23rd March 2013, 05:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post
Amityville Horror '79

While I prefer the second film, it holds up pretty well, that is until the last "Kitchen Sink" third.
The last third, when it turns into a working class, social realist British drama . . .
Old 23rd March 2013, 05:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
The last third, when it turns into a working class, social realist British drama . . .
yea but with nods to the Exorcist & Omen thrown in too.
(But to be fair I wonder if it's Husband goes crazy with an axe and uses it on a door ending inspired The Shining's. Even if the novel predates it.)
Old 23rd March 2013, 06:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

I've never seen it Maybe I'll skip it and go straight to the sequel that y'all seem to be raving about . . .
Old 23rd March 2013, 06:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not so much as a film,
But been watching tales from the dark side on horror and tbh what a load of crap havent 1 bit in the least found it interesting in anyway shape or form,
Old 23rd March 2013, 06:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
I've never seen it Maybe I'll skip it and go straight to the sequel that y'all seem to be raving about . . .
The sequel is cheesy at times (it goes through the roof towards the end!) but there's still some very creepy/disturbing moments. (But not necessarily in the way you'd expect from a haunted house picture.) ...
Old 23rd March 2013, 09:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post
The sequel is cheesy at times (it goes through the roof towards the end!) but there's still some very creepy/disturbing moments. (But not necessarily in the way you'd expect from a haunted house picture.) ...
Amityville 2 is on at a local theatre in April near me, but due to it being 18+ I cant see it

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga

Like this? Share it using the links below!