Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree690Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th February 2016, 07:31 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

This sounds pretty good. Again, out in a couple of weeks.

The Owlman.

Atmospheric horror set in the highlands of Scotland. After the death of his mother, schoolteacher James Findlay (Euan Douglas) moves into his inherited childhood home. Ignoring his mother's last reminder not to return to the mansion, James begins to be haunted by terrifying memories of his childhood at Baldurrock Estate, manifesting themselves in the form of the menacing Owlman (David Schofield). With the help of neighbour Eve (Lexy Hulme), James tries to uncover the memories of his past that are responsible for his present terrors. But with the nightmares and visions of the Owlman increasing, will he succeed in unearthing the truth about his relentless tormentor?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91My3IYThSL._SL1500_.jpg (99.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 20th February 2016, 07:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Apparently there is gong to be one but they've marketed it really poorly - I don't think it's even on their site.
Extremely poor marketing.

It's not even up for preorder on Amazon or HMV.
Old 20th February 2016, 07:44 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

The Owlman.

Atmospheric horror set in the highlands of Scotland. After the death of his mother, schoolteacher James Findlay (Euan Douglas) moves into his inherited childhood home. Ignoring his mother's last reminder not to return to the mansion, James begins to be haunted by terrifying memories of his childhood at Baldurrock Estate, manifesting themselves in the form of the menacing Owlman (David Schofield). With the help of neighbour Eve (Lexy Hulme), James tries to uncover the memories of his past that are responsible for his present terrors. But with the nightmares and visions of the Owlman increasing, will he succeed in unearthing the truth about his relentless tormentor?
I've been wanting to see this for a while. The film actually goes under the original (and much better) title Lord of Tears.

Old 20th February 2016, 07:56 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Love the trailer.

When i saw it the first thought was Stagefright.

I think i'll have to get it.
Old 21st February 2016, 06:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

The Owlman.

been waiting for this for a while , same director has a film coming out called the unkindness of ravens which looks quite mental.
Old 23rd February 2016, 01:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

Coming in Feb:

2016-02-22-08-17-23-1138260148.jpeg
Old 29th February 2016, 06:40 AM
Cult Acolyte

Holy **** everyone avoid Lord of Tears, I bought it directly from the makers a while back when it was first released and it was easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Calling it Owlman is even more of an insult because he's literally just some background presence that spouts spooky philosphical shit every now and then.

Very very interesting premise and plot which is sad because it's so cheaply made and poorly thought out and acted that it becomes an unbearable mess

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 11th March 2016, 01:21 AM
Cult Addict

Looking through Amazon noticed this new uk release.

reflecting skin.jpeg

I already have a american dvd but i think this is the first u.k release of the film since it came out on video in the 90's.
It's an interesting and dark tale about how a kid interprets the strange world and people he's see's around him. I haven't watched it for a while but i seem to remember he thinks the woman who lives near him is a vampire, also it's quite an arty film and i remember thinking it was very good.
Anyone else seen it and what did you make of it?

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 11th March 2016, 06:34 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Looking through Amazon noticed this new uk release.

Attachment 176596

I already have a american dvd but i think this is the first u.k release of the film since it came out on video in the 90's.
It's an interesting and dark tale about how a kid interprets the strange world and people he's see's around him. I haven't watched it for a while but i seem to remember he thinks the woman who lives near him is a vampire, also it's quite an arty film and i remember thinking it was very good.
Anyone else seen it and what did you make of it?
I really rate it. A slow-burn curiosity with a sprinkle of Southern Gothic.

The release above is actually the standard wider re-release - the company originally released it as a steelbook last year exclusive to Zavvi.

Justin101 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 14th March 2016, 05:20 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Really hope this is the artwork for The Witch.

In a nice black matte slipcase.

Like this? Share it using the links below!