Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Show Us Yours! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/580-show-us-yours.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 12th March 2011 12:51 PM

Nice ones Sammy! :cool:

oaxaca 12th March 2011 01:36 PM

Must have been a good feeling getting all those beauties on your doorstep :p

oaxaca 12th March 2011 02:25 PM

Here's the extent of my blu ray collection so far (have several items on order):-

NON-HORROR:
http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/7192/dsc0216.jpg

HORROR:
http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/1694/dsc0214l.jpg

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th March 2011 02:38 PM

They look really good when laid out like that, although I wouldn't put Shogun Assassin in the horror category! I doubt I have the floor space to lay all mine out as I have over 200!

I do intend to do something similar with my Shameless and Arrow DVD/BDs but it would perhaps a better if I photographed each one separately and put them as a slideshow in addition to a photo of the spines.

oaxaca 12th March 2011 02:59 PM

Over 200!! Woah :p

Yeah I should swapped SPIRITS OF THE DEAD & SHOGUN ASSASSIN really :p. A slideshow would look very cool!:cool:

bdc 12th March 2011 04:13 PM

Very nice collection Oaxaca! :thumb:
Several there I still need to pick up.

Sammy 12th March 2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 134912)
Another great haul Sammy! :thumb:

Thank you!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 134992)
Great selection of DVDs and BDs there, Sammy. I especially like the Blade Runner briefcase and the Hellraiser box (I have that one but it looks slightly different).

Thanks!! I love Blade Runner! Ooh, the Hellraiser box is from Netherlands.. It has all the 8 movies on it.. Where it's your from? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 135003)
Is that a Twelve Monkeys steelbook Sammy? Nice!:rockon:

Yeah it is!!! I loooooove this movie!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 135018)
Nice ones Sammy! :cool:

Thank youuuu! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 135034)
Must have been a good feeling getting all those beauties on your doorstep :p

I tell ya that: IT IS THE BEST! looooooool :)
:rockon:

Sammy 12th March 2011 06:04 PM

Yay! The postman works at saturdays! lol

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_o...6/DSC00815.JPG

bdc 12th March 2011 06:11 PM

Very nice Sammy (limited to 1000?)! :thumb:

Sammy 12th March 2011 06:12 PM

Thanks! Indeed! Mine is 0584/1000! :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th March 2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammy (Post 135096)
Thanks!! I love Blade Runner! Ooh, the Hellraiser box is from Netherlands.. It has all the 8 movies on it.. Where it's your from? :)

Mine is the UK Anchor Bay release that contains the first three films -- it's made of cardboard and doesn't look as sturdy or swanky as yours! Is that a metal one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammy (Post 135089)

That is extremely cool -- I wish I had one! It is a blessing and a curse to have limited edition sets as, if you have one, you are extremely pleased but, if you don't and there aren't any available, you desperately need it!

nekromantik 12th March 2011 06:34 PM

Nice collections guys!

My dvds/blus are all over the place as last 3 years I only lived in one place for 10 months at a time ha ha

My link in my sig has all my movies tho :)

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th March 2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammy (Post 135089)

:eek: That's niiiiiiiiiice!

Sammy 12th March 2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 135103)
Mine is the UK Anchor Bay release that contains the first three films -- it's made of cardboard and doesn't look as sturdy or swanky as yours! Is that a metal one?

Ahh, I understand.. I like your set more..Is more pretty! lol I just bought mine because has all the movies, is numbered and limited to 3000.. :)
Mine is cardboard too.. ;)

Quote:

[B]That is extremely cool -- I wish I had one! It is a blessing and a curse to have limited edition sets as, if you have one, you are extremely pleased but, if you don't and there aren't any available, you desperately need it!

Hahahah.. Indeed it is.. I agree.. Sometimes it takes months to find one of those! LOL :D

Sammy 12th March 2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 135134)
:eek: That's niiiiiiiiiice!

haha.. Yeah! I'm in love!! :D

Splatterdragon73 13th March 2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

It is a blessing and a curse to have limited edition sets as, if you have one, you are extremely pleased but, if you don't and there aren't any available, you desperately need it!

Tell me about it, Nos!

It kinda gets under the skin when there's a much-anticipated title out there you want but for one reason or another said release remains tantalisingly outta reach. We've probably all been there at one time or another.

But as dedicated collectors i like to think we still do the best we can to obtain those ever-desirable ltd. ed. DVD and BR editions. You win some, you lose some and that's the way this game goes at times.

Where's that all-important lottery win when you need it, eh?:)

dream demon 15th March 2011 08:11 PM

Popped into HMV today and to my utter amazement found a Steelbook copy of Arrows King of New York 2008 Special Edition stuck at the back of the rack for £10 (actually it scanned at £20 but she let me have it for £10) :woot: !!

oaxaca 15th March 2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 135882)
Popped into HMV today and to my utter amazement found a Steelbook copy of Arrows King of New York 2008 Special Edition stuck at the back of the rack for £10 (actually it scanned at £20 but she let me have it for £10) :woot: !!

Fantastic! Love that film :D Walken, Caruso, Fishburne & and directed by Ferrara... what more could you ask for :cool:

tollickd 17th March 2011 08:41 PM

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._3785776_n.jpg

Sammy 18th March 2011 12:12 AM

And here's the new video!! :D

Is really different from my other vids because of the stuff I'm showing.. So I wanna know what do you think about it!! ;)

:pray:

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th March 2011 05:28 AM

Awesome stuff Sammy, the video wouldn't have been complete if you hadn't shown your Lost boxset. I know you've been watching it recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tollickd 18th March 2011 06:28 AM

Great stuff Sammy!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th March 2011 08:10 AM

As usual, a great video Sammy. I think everyone needs a bit of comedy, whether it be The Pink Panther, The Simpsons or The Three Stooges to break up all the horror movies they watch! Excellent box sets -- I wouldn't mind The Munsters one myself.

bdc 18th March 2011 08:56 AM

Very nice Sammy! :thumb:

Sammy 18th March 2011 10:03 PM

Thanks guys!! :)

Yeah, Stephen! I'm almost ending the 5th season and quite excited about it!! :woot:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th March 2011 10:09 PM

I've ordered The Munsters box set that was in your video because it looks fantastic and I have fond memories of the show.

Sammy 18th March 2011 10:35 PM

OOh!! That's awesome!!

You'll love this set!! It totally fits for this series! lol:clap:
=)

tollickd 20th March 2011 12:40 PM

My Movies - Online Collection

A good place to show off my collection

pedromonkey 1st April 2011 05:28 PM

here's my new update, change of camera and location for this one...
Another vid to come soon too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRI-C...el_video_title

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd April 2011 12:51 PM

Nice update ped - you seemed a bit unfamiliar in your new surroundings though; looking around almost as if you'd lost something at times! :lol:

Great haul, plus it is nice to see your growing collection behind you now too. :thumb:

pedromonkey 2nd April 2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 140416)
Nice update ped - you seemed a bit unfamiliar in your new surroundings though; looking around almost as if you'd lost something at times! :lol:

Great haul, plus it is nice to see your growing collection behind you now too. :thumb:

the reason i kept looking around is because my camera hasn't got a screen on it so it was plugged into my TV, so i kept looking to see if it was in focus. i've had to spin the tv around so i don't look at it....

My collection has grown to a point now where i haven't got any room left so stuff is starting to pile up...

Sammy 2nd April 2011 02:57 PM

Hello guyssss!!
Here is my new video!!
I hope you like it!!
;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd April 2011 05:47 PM

Great update, Sammy -- I love the Halloween box set.

Sammy 3rd April 2011 03:29 PM

Thank you, Nosferatu!! :)

Sammy 9th April 2011 04:22 PM

Hello guys!
Here's my new video!
I'm celebrating one year of my first dvd review on youtube and also the 2000 subs mark.. :)
So I'm making a Inception briefcase Giveaway and the rules are on the video!!
Hope to receive your entries!!
:pray:

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th April 2011 06:52 PM

Congratulations on the Anniversary and the 2000 subscribers Sammy. And that's a LOT of you are the bests. :lol:

Sammy 9th April 2011 07:29 PM

Thanks Stephen.. I appreciate the great words.. :)

About the "you're the bests": yeah, but that is how the best you guys are! :)

Btw, after the ending you'll see a lot of "Hello Peoples" too.. LOL

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th April 2011 07:43 PM

Congratulations on the milestones, Sammy. Good luck with the competition -- I might enter!

Sammy 9th April 2011 11:37 PM

Thanks Nosferatu!
I'm really waiting for your video response then!
=)

bdc 10th April 2011 09:21 AM

Congrats Sammy! :party:
That's a cool giveaway contest you're having!