Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Show Us Yours! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/580-show-us-yours.html)

Pete 26th March 2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 69846)
Nice collection.:nod:
I had five arrive today.:dog:

ooh what did you get?

bdc 26th March 2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 69849)
ooh what did you get?

The suspense is killing me,I'm heading over to the German Dvd Thread... ;)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th March 2010 12:07 AM

All over there mate....I'll stick some pics up over the weekend.:thumb:

Splatterdragon73 28th March 2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 69848)
i dont want anything on that shouldnt be on like the stickers etc

I tend to be like that and hate it when peeling off a sticker leaves some hard to remove residue on the case!

Although i do have a load of spare DVD cases so i'm well covered if i need a replacement for any particular reason.:)

DVD Trash 29th March 2010 09:10 PM

My Various DVD's

10 Attachment(s)
Some of the best DVD's from my collection: in order of the pics:

AB Coffin sets, Evil Dead, Val Lewton Collection, Phantasm Sphere and the Japanese Grindhouse Collection

AB Tins, A Better Tomorrow Collection (Korean), New Police Story and the Blind Dead Collection

GI Joe Complete Cartoon Series

Basic Instinct, Transporter 2 (SB), Canibal Ferox (SB), Serenity (SB), The Real Ghostbuster S1 (SB), Sin City (SB), Final Fantasy (SB), Forbidden Planet (SB)

Italian Spaghetti Western (all Italian R2)

La Settima Donna (Sazuma), Inglorious Basterds (Japan, R2), Canibal Holocaust (Italy, R2), Perfume of the Lady in Black (Raro, R2), Four Flies on Grey Velvet (Hardbox, Germany), Iguana with Tongue of Fire (Hardbox, Germany), La Polizia Chiede Aiuto (German, R2), Enigma Rosso/Red Rings of Fear (Hardbox, Germany)

Beatrice Cenci (French, R2), I Maniaci (Italy, R2, Fulci), Kriminal (Italy, R2, Lenzi) Il Marchio Di Kriminal (Italy, R2), Delitto nel Ristorante Cinese (Italy, Blu Ray, Tomas Milian Cop Movie), Pinky Violence Collection, Fenale Yakuza Tale, Sex and Fury, Crying Freeman (French, R2)

Turkish Kilink Movies, 3 Dev Adam, Oluler Konusmaski (Turkish Giallo), Our Man from Beirut (Sweden, R2, Italian Eurospy), Fury in Marakesh (Sweden, R2, Italian Eurospy), Fantomas (French, R2), Oldboy SE (Korean, R3)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 29th March 2010 09:13 PM

Some lovely titles you've got there Nick. :cool: :nod:

LineSix 29th March 2010 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVD Trash (Post 70376)

AB Coffin sets, Evil Dead, Val Lewton Collection, Phantasm Sphere and the Japanese Grindhouse Collection

AB Tins, A Better Tomorrow Collection (Korean), New Police Story and the Blind Dead Collection

Basic Instinct, Transporter 2 (SB), Canibal Ferox (SB), Serenity (SB), The Real Ghostbuster S1 (SB), Sin City (SB), Final Fantasy (SB), Forbidden Planet (SB)

La Settima Donna (Sazuma), Inglorious Basterds (Japan, R2), Canibal Holocaust (Italy, R2), Perfume of the Lady in Black (Raro, R2), Four Flies on Grey Velvet (Hardbox, Germany), Iguana with Tongue of Fire (Hardbox, Germany), La Polizia Chiede Aiuto (German, R2), Enigma Rosso/Red Rings of Fear (Hardbox, Germany)

Beatrice Cenci (French, R2), I Maniaci (Italy, R2, Fulci), Kriminal (Italy, R2, Lenzi) Il Marchio Di Kriminal (Italy, R2), Delitto nel Ristorante Cinese (Italy, Blu Ray, Tomas Milian Cop Movie), Pinky Violence Collection, Fenale Yakuza Tale, Sex and Fury, Crying Freeman (French, R2)

Turkish Kilink Movies, 3 Dev Adam, Oluler Konusmaski (Turkish Giallo), Our Man from Beirut (Sweden, R2, Italian Eurospy), Fury in Marakesh (Sweden, R2, Italian Eurospy), Fantomas (French, R2), Oldboy SE (Korean, R3)

Awesome stuff there.

Is that Forbidden Planet still available anywhere? I've seen that release around and have always been meaning to pick it up.

DVD Trash 29th March 2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LineSix (Post 70380)
Awesome stuff there.

Is that Forbidden Planet still available anywhere? I've seen that release around and have always been meaning to pick it up.

http://www.amazon.com/Forbidden-Plan...9898805&sr=8-3

Amazon have it fairly cheap new and 2nd hand!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th March 2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Some fantastic sets there - It's not like I'm envious or anything like that...

bdc 30th March 2010 07:03 PM

Lovely collection there!:thumb:

unuuk 30th March 2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

:nod:nice stuff mate! the clear panik house discs of sex and fury and female yakuza tale are awesome! glad i bought those when i did, such a shame they didnt get more stuff out:ohwell::thumb:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th March 2010 09:24 PM

Nice stuff Nick.:cool:

Like that WHTDTYD?
Is that the Italian disc?

DVD Trash 31st March 2010 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 70666)
Nice stuff Nick.:cool:

Like that WHTDTYD?
Is that the Italian disc?

Hey Reaps, no its the German Koch Edition, you can get it from Amazon.de

Not compared it to the Shameless edition though, prob from same master i'd imagine!

Philleh 31st March 2010 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVD Trash (Post 70708)

Not compared it to the Shameless edition though, prob from same master i'd imagine!

No fair, you have a lovely slip case - mine's just a regular ol' case! Boo :)

bdc 31st March 2010 09:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Jean Rollin collector's editions (Encore) and my Dragon digi's. :)
I really need a better camera...

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 31st March 2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 70721)

Great stuff b. :thumb:

I have those Encore Rollin digis and they are truly gorgeous! :nod: What are those white stickers on the front though?

Great collection of Dragon digis too - I really need to get some more of these myself! ;)

bdc 31st March 2010 12:52 PM

Thanks BE.
The white stickers are the price tags... ;)
I just got them last week.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 31st March 2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 70756)
Thanks BE.
The white stickers are the price tags... ;)
I just got them last week.

A-ha! :biggrin:

They haven't been stickered straight onto to digis though have they?! (:eek:) It just doesn't look like there is a layer of cellophane inbetween... :suspicious:

Gojirosan 31st March 2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 70721)

I don't even like Rollin very much but I think those editions look amazing!

:lol:

bdc 31st March 2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 70797)
They haven't been stickered straight onto to digis though have they?! (:eek:) It just doesn't look like there is a layer of cellophane inbetween... :suspicious:

No worries BE,there's cellophane wrapping. ;)

bdc 31st March 2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 70798)
I don't even like Rollin very much but I think those editions look amazing!

:lol:

First 4 are really big boxes holding 3 dvd's and a little book,the last 3 are smaller (like an Amaray with slipcase) and hold 2 dvd's and a little book.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st March 2010 06:11 PM

Looks like another series of films for me to check out - these forums cost money, not that I mind though!

bdc 31st March 2010 06:15 PM

There are "normal" editions of those films as well and they are not very expensive.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 31st March 2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 70806)
No worries BE,there's cellophane wrapping. ;)

:happy:

Phew! Good to hear; those labels look like they would make a right mess otherwise! :eek: :biggrin:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 31st March 2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 70815)
Looks like another series of films for me to check out - these forums cost money, not that I mind though!

Yeah, Redemption UK/US have released most of Rollin's films - and while not as sweet as bdc's digipaks above, they are more affordable.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 31st March 2010 07:29 PM

I wish Encore had released Fascination in one of those digipaks bdc - that would have been a real treat (ditto for Grapes of Death too ;)).

I have the very boring looking Redemption UK release of Fascination... I came close to picking up the Simpel Movie hardbox once (Ltd to 333), but decided against it at the last minute. It was retailing for £45 though... :biggrin:

bdc 31st March 2010 07:38 PM

Encore seems to have stopped releasing Rollin's films like that...I think sales were not what they expected.
The big box ones originally retailed for 50 Euro,the small ones for 30 euro so that may be a possible reason. ;)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 31st March 2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 70858)
Encore seems to have stopped releasing Rollin's films like that...I think sales were not what they expected.
The big box ones originally retailed for 50 Euro,the small ones for 30 euro so that may be a possible reason. ;)

Yeah, it's a shame, as they are fantastic releases. :(

I picked all mine up a couple of years ago from Xploited Cinema - when they were still in their prime. They are getting harder to track down though so I'd recommend anyone who is thinking about getting them to nab them before it's too late...! :eek:

bdc 31st March 2010 07:53 PM

According to their site La Morte Vivante is oop but I still managed to pick one up new. :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st March 2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVD Trash (Post 70708)

Thanks mate.:thumb:

Nice Rollin ed's Bdc!
I had four of these,but sold them.
The Night of the Hunted disc features hardcore inserts as a bonus feature.
Not that I watched them right enough,but according to the packaging,they were there.....:rolleyes:

bdc 31st March 2010 09:11 PM

Thanks Reaps! ;)

Hardcore inserts as a bonus?
I won't be watching those...no,no... :biggrin:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st March 2010 09:19 PM

Stick to Watership Down mate.....:jest:

bdc 31st March 2010 09:45 PM

Ooh yes,I will... :biggrin:

bdc 1st April 2010 08:35 AM

Very sad news but French dvd label Neo Publishing seems to have folded.
This means the announced Neo Eyeball dvd will probably not appear.

If there are still titles you want from them,I wouldn't wait too long...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqKF70ona98

broonage 1st April 2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 70978)
Very sad news but French dvd label Neo Publishing seem to have folded.
This means the announced Neo Eyeball dvd will probably not appear.

If there are still titles you want from them,I wouldn't wait too long...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqKF70ona98

is that you?

bdc 1st April 2010 12:08 PM

Nope,a French chap. ;)

pedromonkey 1st April 2010 01:03 PM

just spent the last 4 days cataloging my dvds and i have just finished the last one. i have just realised i spend too much on dvds as i have.....1283 of the shiney little lovelies

broonage 1st April 2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 71028)
Nope,a French chap. ;)

:bananatrain:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st April 2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 71033)
just spent the last 4 days cataloging my dvds and i have just finished the last one. i have just realised i spend too much on dvds as i have.....1283 of the shiney little lovelies

Nice. :cool:

You should get a dvdaf list up online, it'd be great to see your collection mate. :nod:

pedromonkey 1st April 2010 09:55 PM

ive got a dvdaf page but my browser freezes when i try and access it.