Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Show Us Yours! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/580-show-us-yours.html)

mizpol 15th May 2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man (Post 79635)
:clap:
Please show us some more mate,although I don't know if the site's capacity is big enough!;)

Didn't know any of the Friday The 13th movies were released in hardboxes...

Ahh sorry for the confusion... That is a collector box from germany to house the series of dvds.. It is quite rare and hard to get though.. it is featured on a friday 13th vid on my yt page.. Can't attach links yet though until 15 posts.. hehe

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th May 2010 06:31 PM

Nice collection. I see you have the Phantasm sphere -- I was going to get that but then realised that I just didn't have the space so settled on the digipack. The same goes for the Alien Quadrilogy head (which my brother has).

bdc 15th May 2010 06:39 PM

Fantastic collection you have there Mizpol! :thumb:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th May 2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizpol (Post 79638)
Ahh sorry for the confusion... That is a collector box from germany to house the series of dvds.. It is quite rare and hard to get though.. it is featured on a friday 13th vid on my yt page.. Can't attach links yet though until 15 posts.. hehe

Yeah.Think I'll join your army of subcribers.I've seen a few of your vids,and quite frankly,your collection is simply astounding.:cool:

I'd hate to think what you've spent on a collection that size.
If my missus knew what I'd spent on mine,I'd be typing this from a mobile phone in a callbox in the pissing rain!:lol:

bdc 4th June 2010 07:59 PM

Just got myself the two last dvd's published by Neo Publishing before they went out of business...too bad that happened because I loved their releases.

They weren't cheap but I decided to get them because I don't know how long they will be available...my Neo giallo collection is totally complete now. :)

Btw I think both have exclusive extras.

http://dv1.us/p1/420/149420-d0.jpg http://b.dv1.us/p1/085/149085-d0.jpg

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th June 2010 09:17 PM

They English friendly B?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th June 2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 84181)
Just got myself the two last dvd's published by Neo Publishing before they went out of business...too bad that happened because I loved their releases.

They weren't cheap but I decided to get them because I don't know how long they will be available...my Neo giallo collection is totally complete now. :)

http://dv1.us/p1/420/149420-d0.jpg http://b.dv1.us/p1/085/149085-d0.jpg

They look very nice and, if they're part of a collection, it must look fantastic. If you don't mind me asking, what does "they weren't cheap" mean in terms of pounds and pence?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th June 2010 09:50 PM

Don't know if these are the same Nos.

http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_...ng&sprefix=neo

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th June 2010 09:57 PM

If only I had become a rabid DVD and Blu-ray collector earlier... imagine how much money I would have spent and what a collection I would now own. Doesn't really bear thinking about, does it? Mind you, I wonder if they were an inspiration for the Shameless DVD colour scheme?

Sammy 4th June 2010 10:34 PM

Hi guys, I am posting here my new video, I hope you like it!! =)

siebenburgen 4th June 2010 10:38 PM

Amazing editions Sammy:) Love them all!!! But have 2 favs The Devil's Rejects and 2001 Maniacs .Great review Sammy, congratz for such great steelbooks and metalpaks ;)
You are :P

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th June 2010 10:39 PM

Nice metalpak's Sammy.:cool:

Sammy 4th June 2010 10:40 PM

Thanks, Zé! =)

Sammy 4th June 2010 10:43 PM

Thanks, The Reaper Man! =)

Pete 4th June 2010 11:29 PM

Great stuff B and Sammy:cool:

Sammy 4th June 2010 11:32 PM

Thanks, loops! =)

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th June 2010 03:16 AM

Nice 2001 Maniacs metalpack Sammy.I got the German dvd the other day.Can't wait to see the sequel.

bdc 5th June 2010 09:06 AM

Very nice Sammy! :thumb:

I come across lots of the Dutch steels (since I'm in Belgium) but I'm not into collecting them,always wonder if I should pick them up...

Re:final Neo giallo releases.
They are not English friendly (Italian/French)
I paid 40 Euro total for those two.

@Reaps
Yes,the list you put up is from the (remaining) Neo releases on Amazon.fr.
Some are already going for crazy money it seems.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th June 2010 09:09 AM

Very nice steelbooks / metalpaks Sammy. :nod:

Plus, I bet you're glad that your Neo gialli collection is complete b. Be nice to see some pics of the entire collection, as like Shameless and Arrow the bright uniformity of the releases certainly stands out. ;)

bdc 5th June 2010 09:13 AM

I'll have to look around for them,because they're all over the place. ;)
I'll try to make a pic then.

Sammy 5th June 2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 84236)
Nice 2001 Maniacs metalpack Sammy.I got the German dvd the other day.Can't wait to see the sequel.

Thanks!!
Yeah, the german releases are superb!
Uh, I am anxious to this sequel too!
=)

Sammy 5th June 2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 84262)
Very nice Sammy! :thumb:

I come across lots of the Dutch steels (since I'm in Belgium) but I'm not into collecting them,always wonder if I should pick them up...

Thanks!! Wow... I think those dutch releases are great! Very similar to the german ones!
=)

Sammy 5th June 2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 84263)
Very nice steelbooks / metalpaks Sammy. :nod:

Thanks!! =)

bdc 5th June 2010 07:21 PM

Just checked your blog.
Very nice collection you have there Sammy!

I picked up the Dutch steelbook of Dead Snow (similar to the German,also same label Splendid Film) today...
It's all your fault! ;)

Sammy 5th June 2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 84402)
Just checked your blog.
Very nice collection you have there Sammy!

I picked up the Dutch steelbook of Dead Snow (similar to the German,also same label Splendid Film) today...
It's all your fault! ;)

Thanks!! I have more stuff to put on the blog.. I guess tomorrow I'll do an update there!

You did? Nice one!! My fault? hahahaha :pound:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th June 2010 11:31 AM

Looking at your blog and YouTube videos and reading the responses here makes me realise how 'Anglocentric' my collection is, with pretty much every disc coming from the UK, US, Australia or or even the Far East on a few occasions. I don't think very many, perhaps only three or four, come from continental Europe. I wonder if I'm missing out?

pedromonkey 6th June 2010 11:45 AM

im like you Nosferatu, i own maybe 1 or 2 european releases everything else is either UK, US AUS, ASIA...Maybe i should look into steel book collecting..

bdc 6th June 2010 11:59 AM

Well you just need to make sure that the Euro releases are English friendly (if you're rubbish at other languages)... ;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th June 2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 84481)
Looking at your blog and YouTube videos and reading the responses here makes me realise how 'Anglocentric' my collection is, with pretty much every disc coming from the UK, US, Australia or or even the Far East on a few occasions. I don't think very many, perhaps only three or four, come from continental Europe. I wonder if I'm missing out?

I'm exactly the same.Out of all the dvds/blu-ray's I've collected over the years, the number of things I've bought from Europe doesn't even reach double figures.

Pete 6th June 2010 03:50 PM

I have 74 european dvds.

Sammy 6th June 2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 84481)

Hmmm... This depends on you.. Are you feeling ok about your collection? That's what really matters... =)

I like to buy different and strange editions of my fave movies.. hhaha

Did you liked my blog? =)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th June 2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammy (Post 84549)
Hmmm... This depends on you.. Are you feeling ok about your collection? That's what really matters... =)

I like to buy different and strange editions of my fave movies.. hhaha

Did you liked my blog? =)

I really like my collection and feel that I have quite a wide variety of films on both DVD and BD although there is always room for one more disc, and always will be! I try not to buy too many different versions of my favourite films, but when one comes around that as different artwork or an extra feature that I don't already own, I'm always sorely tempted to buy yet another shiny plastic disc.

I thought your blog was quite interesting and it's by reading things like that make me want to start my own.

Sammy 6th June 2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 84553)
I really like my collection and feel that I have quite a wide variety of films on both DVD and BD although there is always room for one more disc, and always will be! I try not to buy too many different versions of my favourite films, but when one comes around that as different artwork or an extra feature that I don't already own, I'm always sorely tempted to buy yet another shiny plastic disc.

I thought your blog was quite interesting and it's by reading things like that make me want to start my own.

That's nice! I think a blog is a very cool way to show your collection!!
=)

brain dead 12th June 2010 01:10 AM

Here's part of my collection...

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2914/bollection.jpg

Awesome, huh? :lol:

Sammy 12th June 2010 01:17 AM

Since we were talking about DVDs from our own countries I decided to make this update.. Hope you enjoy it! =)

Sec 12th June 2010 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brain dead (Post 85767)

Bahaha, Uwe Boll - it's craptacular :lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th June 2010 07:14 AM

Quote:

Its not the size that matters Brain Dead, It's what you do with it that counts. :D

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th June 2010 07:21 AM

Nice dvd update Sammy, and congratulations on getting 500 subscribers. :clap:

bdc 12th June 2010 08:50 AM

Wow nice edition of See No Evil Sammy!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th June 2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2914/bollection.jpg

I didn't realise people actually bought Uwe Boll DVDs! Out of those, I think Tunnel Rats is probably the best -- but that's not really saying a lot!

TWO copies of Alone in the Dark?!