Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Show Us Yours! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/580-show-us-yours.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th April 2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 235211)
Excellent !!

My collection will be bigger than originally planned as, using April's BOGOF deal, I've double dipped on a few titles which are in the Gates of Hell Trilogy and the Romero Dead Trilogy.

As I've preordered The Exterminator I could wait until that arrives or just take a photo when existing orders arrive, or maybe both! Needless to say, they do look really cool on a shelf when separated into genre as there are quite a few gialli and horrors.

sawyer6 24th April 2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 235235)
My collection will be bigger than originally planned as, using April's BOGOF deal, I've double dipped on a few titles which are in the Gates of Hell Trilogy and the Romero Dead Trilogy.

As I've preordered The Exterminator I could wait until that arrives or just take a photo when existing orders arrive, or maybe both! Needless to say, they do look really cool on a shelf when separated into genre as there are quite a few gialli and horrors.

I wanted to use the BOGOF deal too,to complete my Bd collection but ran out of money :(

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th April 2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammy (Post 235233)
Awesome collection! :)

That's quite some praise coming from you!

As all the Arrow Video titles just about fit at the moment, I'll have to do some rearranging when the Demons, Forbidden Zone BDs arrive. I'll also need to figure out what to do with the dual format releases as well!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th April 2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 235236)
I wanted to use the BOGOF deal too,to complete my Bd collection but ran out of money :(

I should really be cutting back on spending, but convinced myself that, because in effect, the discs are half price, I should really take advantage of the offer and start saving at the magical and elusive 'some other time'!

antmumford 24th April 2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 235238)
I should really be cutting back on spending

Nah! You think? :p

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th April 2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 235242)
Nah! You think? :p

Although DVDs and BDs (plus other film related purchases) are my only vice as I don't go out much, don't smoke, don't drink etc, I think I overcompensate and should really just concentrate on 'essentials', but deciding what they are is extremely tough!

InDogWeTrust 24th April 2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 235179)

God, That is amazing! I am tempted to trace your IP address and find out where you live so I can rob you :lol:

ReturnToZero 24th April 2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 235179)

Classy :nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th April 2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust (Post 235286)
God, That is amazing! I am tempted to trace your IP address and find out where you live so I can rob you :lol:

You know in which town I live from my location!

antmumford 24th April 2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 235254)
Although DVDs and BDs (plus other film related purchases) are my only vice as I don't go out much, don't smoke, don't drink etc, I think I overcompensate and should really just concentrate on 'essentials', but deciding what they are is extremely tough!

I only say this out of jealousy mate, I earn enough to accommodate a few Blu rays here and there but recently some family matters have risen to put a huge stop to that spending. I'm still determined to get that Studio Canal Collection at some point though, only if I can find them at reasonable prices over time.

I'd love to see more photos of your collections Nos,they give me a warm comforting feeling in the stomach :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th April 2012 06:44 PM

Nice collection Nos!;)

InDogWeTrust 25th April 2012 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 235324)
You know in which town I live from my location!

Yep, But if I track your IP address I can narrow it down much more :nod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 235339)
I'd love to see more photos of your collections Nos,they give me a warm comforting feeling in the stomach :)

I'd like to see more of your collection too! (So I know what to look for when I rob you ;))

fuzzymctiger 25th April 2012 07:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My growing collection.
Most of the top shelf is Anime, most of the bottom Horror.
The picture is absolutely shite, but it's the best i can get with an iPad.
The 3 things hanging off the top shelf are Horror movie pub coasters from SFX.

sawyer6 25th April 2012 10:33 AM

5 Attachment(s)
My best picture winners dvd collection.I still need to buy The King's Speech and The Artist

fuzzymctiger 25th April 2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 235478)
My best picture dvd collection.I still need to buy The King's Speech and The Artist

You seem to have DVDs in all sorts of languages there!

sawyer6 25th April 2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 235482)
You seem to have DVDs in all sorts of languages there!

Yup :tongue1:Greece,UK,China,Japan and Korea !

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th April 2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 235478)
My best picture dvd collection.I still need to buy The King's Speech and The Artist

That's a really varied selection of DVDs you have there! I have most, if not all, of the musicals you have – albeit different releases – which I predominantly bought for the Hollywood Musicals module I did at uni.

I have The Artist preordered from Planet Axel as it's a brilliant film and I can't wait to see it again. Titanic, though – are you a fan?!

sawyer6 25th April 2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 235488)
That's a really varied selection of DVDs you have there! I have most, if not all, of the musicals you have – albeit different releases – which I predominantly bought for the Hollywood Musicals module I did at uni.

I have The Artist preordered from Planet Axel as it's a brilliant film and I can't wait to see it again. Titanic, though – are you a fan?!

I guess you didn't get it!Best picture winners(Oscar):tongue1:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th April 2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 235492)
I guess you didn't get it!Best picture winners(Oscar):tongue1:

I actually saw it at the cinema twice as I thought it was badly paced, had poor characterisation and implausible plot devices the first time around then, learning of the lavish praise, hitched a ride to watch it again and see if my initial impressions were wrong. They weren't!

I did exactly the same with Spielberg's The War of the Worlds and dozed off for a bit the second time!

sawyer6 25th April 2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 235495)
I actually saw it at the cinema twice as I thought it was badly paced, had poor characterisation and implausible plot devices the first time around then, learning of the lavish praise, hitched a ride to watch it again and see if my initial impressions were wrong. They weren't!

I did exactly the same with Spielberg's The War of the Worlds and dozed off for a bit the second time!

I watched it twice too!Ok not a big fan indeed!I've bought it to complete my collection

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th April 2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 235499)
I watched it twice too!Ok not a big fan indeed!I've bought it to complete my collection

Fair enough! A collection it isn't a collection until it's complete or in the process of being completed.

antmumford 25th April 2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 235495)

Nos my friend, you're getting confused. He doesn't mean "you don't get it" as in you don't get the film Titanic. His pictures are of all the Best Film Winners at the Oscars, hence the random selecton of genres.

sawyer6 25th April 2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 235508)
Nos my friend, you're getting confused. He doesn't mean "you don't get it" as in you don't get the film Titanic. His pictures are of all the Best Film Winners at the Oscars, hence the random selecton of genres.

Thank you :happy:

antmumford 25th April 2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 235509)
Thank you :happy:

You're very welcome :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th April 2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 235508)

Right, that makes much more sense. Strange how some things become 'lost in translation' when you read a sentence the wrong way!

artisturn 2nd May 2012 07:24 AM

Great collections.

It is cool to see different releases from other countries.

Once I am able to post links (still under the minimum post amounts before I can post outside links) I will make sure to share some photos of my addiction oops I mean collection .

PaulD 2nd May 2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artisturn (Post 237702)
Great collections.

It is cool to see different releases from other countries.

Once I am able to post links (still under the minimum post amounts before I can post outside links) I will make sure to share some photos of my addiction oops I mean collection .

Look forward to it - always enjoy looking at people's collections.

sawyer6 2nd May 2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 237826)
Look forward to it - always enjoy looking at people's collections.

Me too :nod:

artisturn 2nd May 2012 05:21 PM

OK I finally hit the minimum post limit so I can now post photos.

My dvd collection is all domestic releases here from the United States . I have been avoiding buying imported DVDs that is a Pandora's box I do not want to open, I already spend too much cash as it is on domestic releases and I could easily see myself on a strict diet of pasta ,Rice and beans if I start buying the real nice imported disc.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...ioncurrent.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...oncurrent2.jpg

So far I am at 1944 titles with 890 of them being Horror films .

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...sturn/apes.jpg

This is the Crown Jewels of my collection . It contains all the Ape movies, the entire run of the TV series and the cartoon series. the funny thing about this set it took my dogs about a month before they would stop growling at it.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...isturn/st3.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...isturn/st5.jpg

the second coolest dvd set I have is the Star Trek movie that was released in the Enterprise.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...urn/thebox.jpg

This would be the third nicest set in my collection which I am still working my way through viewing wise. Now I passed on season two that was released in the skull packaging the set was too cheap looking and I felt it was not worth the price they were asking for it.

I do have a handful of steelbooks which I will post photos of as soon as I can.

and I still have a small stack of 16 movies I still need to add to my DVD Aficionado list.

sawyer6 2nd May 2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artisturn (Post 237911)
OK I finally hit the minimum post limit so I can now post photos.

My dvd collection is all domestic releases here from the United States . I have been avoiding buying imported DVDs that is a Pandora's box I do not want to open, I already spend too much cash as it is on domestic releases and I could easily see myself on a strict diet of pasta ,Rice and beans if I start buying the real nice imported disc.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...ioncurrent.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...oncurrent2.jpg

So far I am at 1944 titles with 890 of them being Horror films .

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...sturn/apes.jpg

This is the Crown Jewels of my collection . It contains all the Ape movies, the entire run of the TV series and the cartoon series. the funny thing about this set it took my dogs about a month before they would stop growling at it.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...isturn/st3.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...isturn/st5.jpg

the second coolest dvd set I have is the Star Trek movie that was released in the Enterprise.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...urn/thebox.jpg

This would be the third nicest set in my collection which I am still working my way through viewing wise. Now I passed on season two that was released in the skull packaging the set was too cheap looking and I felt it was not worth the price they were asking for it.

I do have a handful of steelbooks which I will post photos of as soon as I can.

and I still have a small stack of 16 movies I still need to add to my DVD Aficionado list.

Nice and neat:clap:.I have that lovely head also.Keep it up :)

Hawkmonger 2nd May 2012 06:18 PM

Great collection.
I'm currently re-decortaing my bedroom, so will post some pictures in a week or so when I have new IKEA shelving units.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd May 2012 06:28 PM

Incredible collection, artisturn. :thumb:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd May 2012 06:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple of pics of my current (modest) hardbox collection:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd May 2012 06:46 PM

Nice!:clap:

ReturnToZero 2nd May 2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 237993)

Nice.

But you need too clean the carpet. There's cat hair on it ;)

PaulD 2nd May 2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 237993)

Love that Torso hardbox!

Hawkmonger 2nd May 2012 06:52 PM

Lovely hard boxes! Dont own any myself alas.

sawyer6 2nd May 2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 237998)

I don't own any either and I didn't know of their existence since I join this forum :embarassed:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd May 2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 237995)
Nice.

But you need too clean the carpet. There's cat hair on it ;)

Clean? :confused: I'll get the wife on it ASAP... :behindsofa: :makelikeatree:

;)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd May 2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 237998)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 238000)
I don't own any either and I didn't know of their existence since I join this forum :embarassed:

They're addictive as hell! Once you start you can't stop.

Also, an expensive hobby (as Reaper's impending divorce settlement will attest to! ;)) :D