Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Show Us Yours! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/580-show-us-yours.html)

RobbieD 4th September 2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halloween_22 (Post 13039)
No worries mate, Halloween films are a real passion of mine (Surprisingly :D ;))

Sounds like me! Okay I don't have Halloween in my username but for the last five years my email address has been michaeltheshape...people ask what that's about! Love the Halloween movies. I have the original UK black box set with 1-5 and 7, a Michael/young Michael figurine, H6 Producers Cut DVD, H3 book, Halloween on blu-ray, Halloween 25 years of Terror DVDs, some old Fangoria's with MM on the cover, 5, 7 & 8 soundtracks, a Halloween comic & loads of stuff on computer like original scripts. Also got the upcoming DVD set + mask, and Halloween 2008 blu-ray on preorder! :D Hows that sound? :woot: Would love to get a full size mask one day.

Halloween_22 4th September 2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbieD (Post 13217)
Hows that sound? :woot: Would love to get a full size mask one day.

Pretty damn impressive mate :D I haven't got some of that stuff. I've got a bunch of copies of all the films (6 of the first one), the H6 Producers cut, the novel adapted from the first film, a T-shirt, a couple of figures of Michael and stuff. I've got a full size mask (and a boiler suit ) If you check my user profile I've got a picture of me wearing it up on there :D (In all fairness, it was at a halloween party, I don't just dress like that normally :rofl:

RobbieD 4th September 2008 12:04 PM

WOW I just saw your pic! I'd Love a mask like that, would be so good for Halloween and Fancy Dress parties & just to hang up somewhere :D Where did you get it? You've got some cool stuff too! :D I read that the next Halloween might be directed by the directors of Inside (L'Interieur) I really hope that's true, was so worried before after Rob Zombie's bombed that that might be the end!

Halloween_22 4th September 2008 12:24 PM

Cool, i'm glad they're making anther one (kind of :rolleyes:) I was really worried when I heard Rob Zombie was making the last one as I hate his other films, Devils Rejects was utter crap (IMO). I think they need to get back to making sequels (as long as they're nothing like Resurrection) more in the vein of 4, 5 & 6, maybe follow on from them. Find out what happened to the baby from H6.
(Sorry for going off topic :D, maybe there should be a Halloween thread ;))

I got that mask off ebay about 4 or 5 years ago, i've had it for a while. It cost nearly 50 quid :eek: which was a bit steep really. I'm sure there's websites that sell them aswell, although some of the full size masks I've seen look terrible!

vipco 4th September 2008 04:17 PM

I read that it was a French director doing the film also Robbie.

I must admit, im not a Rob Zombie fan either H.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 4th September 2008 04:19 PM

Oooh :( I quite like Rob Zombie! lol

vipco 4th September 2008 11:57 PM

I watched House of 1000 and that was enough for me.
He seems to go from one needless gore set piece to another in an MTV style of direction. Nothing shocked me, I was bored.
I know its not fair to judge on 1 film, but I couldn't bring myself to sit though another .
But hey, if he's your taste iluv's, dont let mine or anyones views put you off him. Watch and enjoy mate.
I'm sure I like some directors you probably dont.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 5th September 2008 11:35 AM

Fair enough Vipco. Each to their own as they say ;)

I think I like Rob Zombie because of the editing - it's very different to alot of films and you can tell he truly loves the genre. Although HO1C was a bit stupid with all those 'people' under ground. The Devil's Rejects I also liked a lot. Although having said that I haven't seen his Halloween. Oh, also I like his music a bit too! lol!It suits the horror genre well IMO.

However, if you want a BAD (TERRIBLY BAD) modern horror director, I would suggest Eli Roth lol! I can't stand his films - now he uses gore for gore's sake.

vipco 5th September 2008 03:13 PM

I just think Zombie approachs a film with a fans veiw and not that of a director first and it dose'nt work for me.

I like Roth. I wouldn't say he goes gore for gores sake , as I thought considering the subject matter of both Hostel films, he was quite restrained.
The Hostel style cash in's are far more gory than Hostel .

Like you say, each unto his own eh.?

Happy viewing mate.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th September 2008 05:02 PM

Don't let the fact that Zombie directed Halloween Vip's-it ain't frenetic like his other bullshit!;)

dougal 5th September 2008 05:34 PM

I love both Eli Roth and Rob Zombie movies...:)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th September 2008 05:42 PM

I'll give 'em both their due,they both know the best classic films to plunder for their ideas.....:)

vipco 5th September 2008 06:15 PM

Have'nt saw it Reap's.
Is it worth a watch as my mate has it so I can get a loan of it any time.

I found 1000 Corpses to be very MTV like, like you say frantic. Its as if he thought, 'thats a good idea, so's that, and that, but all from a fans view point, then hobbled them all together than fitted a story around them.
But thats just a personal opinion , its in no ways a statement on his work for others to go by.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th September 2008 06:33 PM

Well worth a watch.....
Anyway,who's showing us some goodies next?;)

vipco 5th September 2008 07:00 PM

How about a pic from everyone of the most prized DVD / VHS / BluRay in your collection.

You know, the one that your most pleased you own .

I'll put mine up tomorrow.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th September 2008 07:04 PM

Get em on.....if not Beds will ban you all!:jest::jest:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th September 2008 07:09 PM

Tell you all what,I'll give a superb SHAMELESS collectible poster to the best pic....(I've got a spare one!);)

vipco 5th September 2008 07:34 PM

No excuse now not to put a pic up. Those posters are highly collectable items of superb quality.
And you've only to put up a pic of the one DVD most treasured by you.

Im telling you now though, my DVD is gonna take some beating as its better than sex AND tea put together.!

Halloween_22 5th September 2008 11:03 PM

Better than sex and tea Vips? I'm looking forward to seeing it. Now if it was better than sex and beer that'd really be something! :D

Working on getting some pictures up but my cameras knackered so waiting on lending one. I'll hopefully get em up soon.

dougal 6th September 2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 13304)
I found 1000 Corpses to be very MTV like, like you say frantic. Its as if he thought, 'thats a good idea, so's that, and that, but all from a fans view point, then hobbled them all together than fitted a story around them.

Apologies for starting to stray off topic but I just wanted to respond - Corpses apparently had over 40 minutes removed by the studio before it was released. I'm not sure whether whether that footage would have made the film more comprehensible or was actually just more MTV style jump cut scenes (to borrow your description).

vipco 6th September 2008 11:25 AM

Do you like Zombie's stuff Dougal.?
It would be interesting to see the film with those 40 mins in it.

I wasn't saying Zombie or his films are no good, just that there not my ' cuppa tea'.

I'll give Halloween a look next week as i'd never find my mate on a Sat. to borrow it.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 6th September 2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 13323)
No excuse now not to put a pic up. Those posters are highly collectable items of superb quality.
And you've only to put up a pic of the one DVD most treasured by you.

Im telling you now though, my DVD is gonna take some beating as its better than sex AND tea put together.!

Sadly, I'm not keen to TEA - Hot chocolate on the other hand... ;)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th September 2008 05:00 PM

Pictures of collectibles please?:)

vipco 6th September 2008 05:49 PM

I'll get it up tomorrow Reap's before night Church as i've my match tonite.
I'll actually have to go shortly.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th September 2008 11:13 PM

Take it no one wants to win that superb Shameless/STRIP NUDE FOR YOUR KILLER poster?
C'mon.....get those pics of collectibles up please!
Best pic wins the poster!;)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th October 2008 11:13 PM

A LOT OF SHY COLLECTIONS OUT THERE......:D

cloud 11th October 2008 11:15 AM

I would show mine but it's so divided up it'll look stupid and to top it off I'm staying in my sister's old room and the wallpaper is pink! And to think I have half a shelf devoted to Vipco DVDs :ack:.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th October 2008 06:17 PM

Sister's wallpaper my arse!
With the price of wall coverings at an all time high-it could be a while before retro pink becomes fashionable again-get the wallet out Cloudy boy!:jest:
Btw,we've ALL got a VIPCO shelf.....;)

cloud 11th October 2008 09:16 PM

Get the wallet out? Only in emergencies :jest:.

siccoyote 12th October 2008 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 15557)
I would show mine but ... the wallpaper is pink! And to think I have half a shelf devoted to Vipco DVDs :ack:.

I'm not sure which is more embarrassing :confused:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 21st November 2008 10:36 AM

What does everyone do when they're completly (nearly) run out of room for DVDs? :confused: Sell them?! :O

vincenzo 21st November 2008 10:51 AM

Make more room. http://www.shameless-films.com/forum...es/biggrin.gif

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st November 2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 17456)
What does everyone do when they're completly (nearly) run out of room for DVDs? :confused: Sell them?! :O

I'm really struggling mate,I'm going to have to floor the attic after Christmas....:mad:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th November 2008 07:27 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Okay finally got off my arse and took pictures of my whole collection-that's where I've been for the last hour!First up the living room.......:D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th November 2008 08:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Next.upstairs cupboard.....

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th November 2008 08:14 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Next,the spare room.....

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th November 2008 08:17 PM

5 Attachment(s)
And last but not least,boxsets........;)

siccoyote 26th November 2008 08:17 PM

Lovely collection you have there.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th November 2008 08:21 PM

Why thank you kind sir.....:)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 26th November 2008 08:41 PM

OMG Reaps! You are God of the DVD underworld! :P Do you have any room to move in your house!?!

*bows down in admiration*