Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Show Us Yours! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/580-show-us-yours.html)

cloud 26th November 2008 08:45 PM

Fancy donating your Ilsa set to a miserly Manc? It is Xmas soon...

Other than that, what can I say other than wow. How many you got in total?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th November 2008 08:55 PM

Don't know mate,I reckon somewhere between 2500-3000....pain in the arse putting them all away tonight.....:rolleyes:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th November 2008 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 17982)
OMG Reaps! You are God of the DVD underworld! :P Do you have any room to move in your house!?!

*bows down in admiration*

As I say mate,next step is sheeting out the attic,or kicking the missus and kids out.....:D
How about some pics from the rest of you?
What rarities you got hiding?

cloud 26th November 2008 09:04 PM

And how many DVDs are in your to watch pile?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th November 2008 10:53 PM

There'll still be plenty when I'm in a box and six feet under.....:D I'll stick you on my will....;)

Halloween_22 26th November 2008 11:07 PM

:eek: Wow, thats one hell of a collection mate. Nice one.

I'll have some pictures up of my spare room by the end of the week, saturday probably. Mine pales in comparison to that though :( :D

vipco 26th November 2008 11:39 PM

Excellent collection Reap's.

Do you ever see a time when you'll be call it a day and stop collecting .?

Again sir, excellent collection , the best i've seen. Well done mate.

cloud 27th November 2008 03:22 PM

How big is everyone's collection? I have over 1400 DVDs and 600 VHS.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th November 2008 06:50 PM

Cheers guys....:) No I don't think I'll stop Vip's...it's an addiction mate....:o
Let's be 'avin the rest of you......:D

Django_Samurai 29th November 2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 18027)
How big is everyone's collection? I have over 1400 DVDs and 600 VHS.

Around 4300 DVD's and 1 VHS :jest:

Best regards

DS

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th November 2008 05:03 AM

Give us a look then.....:).

Django_Samurai 30th November 2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 18212)
Give us a look then.....:).

Ok here is most of the collection Part 1

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/2416/cimg2009em3.jpg

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8774/cimg2012yc1.jpg

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8233/cimg2013di5.jpg

Best regards

DS

Django_Samurai 30th November 2008 01:37 PM

Part 2

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3415/cimg2016oy6.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3338/cimg2014ux2.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/1373/cimg2015mc9.jpg
This closet contains around 1000 DVD's it is in 4 layers.

Best regards

DS

Philleh 30th November 2008 02:54 PM

Wow, someone else actually owns SOME! Hurrah!!!

Good collection ya' got going there, sir.

Django_Samurai 30th November 2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 18231)
Wow, someone else actually owns SOME! Hurrah!!!

Good collection ya' got going there, sir.

Thank you. and I presume it is the Korean movie Some you meant? I have not had time to watch it yet as goes for 2000+ other movies in my collection :p

Best regards

DS

Philleh 30th November 2008 06:24 PM

I certainly did! Underrated movie, people seem to expect Tell Me Something redux.

But luckily the director created something entirely different, hence why it flopped! lol

Those Masters of Cinema DVDs must have hurt the bank balance! :)

Django_Samurai 30th November 2008 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 18239)
I certainly did! Underrated movie, people seem to expect Tell Me Something redux.

But luckily the director created something entirely different, hence why it flopped! lol

Those Masters of Cinema DVDs must have hurt the bank balance! :)

Not as much as my bootlegs of The Mute Samurai :ack:
My movie budget is around £350 a month, nowdays you can get alot of DVD's for that.

I better watch Some soon, but since I work alot and study I have not much time for watching movies.
I only manage to watch 4-5 a week.

Best regards

DS

Philleh 30th November 2008 07:28 PM

£350 a month? Yowza! Thought I was bad! lol

My DVD purse usually hits the £150 a month mark and I have a backlog from hell. Yours must be insane! ha.

Django_Samurai 30th November 2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 18242)
£350 a month? Yowza! Thought I was bad! lol

My DVD purse usually hits the £150 a month mark and I have a backlog from hell. Yours must be insane! ha.

I also buys movies from around the world, german ones are not cheap neither are japanese ones.
I can afford it because i don't smoke or go much out and don't have a car, lives in a flat and my wife supports me with food he he :jest:
So for an hobby it is not that bad.

Best regards

DS

Halloween_22 30th November 2008 08:10 PM

Yeah, thats a good point Django, the amount of DVD's I could buy with the money I spend on cigarettes and going to the pub, it dosen't bear thinking about :D

Philleh 30th November 2008 08:12 PM

Couldn't bring myself to import from Japan! Korea is getting expensive enough now, few years ago it was cheaper.

I spend more money on American DVDs, only by UK DVDs when they're on sale due the the price tag! I have a few German discs, but they're about the same as buying a new British DVD.

I'm actually going to Amsterdam on friday for the weekend, going to buy myself a few Christmas DVDs while i'm out there. Pick up the remaining Encore Jean Rollin DVDs I've not got and a few Sodemented DVDs :)

siccoyote 30th November 2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Django_Samurai (Post 18246)
...or go much out...

too easy :D

I buy most of mine from Smack Generator or previously from Gamestation (though since Game bought them they've stopped, after selling loads of quality discs to me for 50p each :D )

Pete 1st December 2008 11:52 AM

Hey Reaps fancy selling me all your Redmption discs? .I used to have about 800+ but i got fed up with having loads of crappy hollywood films so i sold them for silly money. Now i only have around 300 and they'll probably go soon when i get sick of them. ( except my Shameless, Redemption and Vipcos )
In fact my interest in DVD has dropped considerably lately. My medication must have something to do with that as before i started taking it i couldn't stop buying them and now i cant be bothered. I 'll have to stop taking it.

cloud 1st December 2008 12:32 PM

I was importing a shitload of R1 discs but haven't imported much at all lately because the prices have inflated. Films have gone from like £4 to over £6 and instead of coming down they seem to be getting worse.

Philleh 1st December 2008 12:50 PM

I've noticed that as well mate, pain in the A it be too!!

Caiman seem to have come to a hault as well, I used to buy most R1 DVDs from them - their prices have almost doubled on the DVDs they do stock now. Bad news.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st December 2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 18264)
Hey Reaps fancy selling me all your Redmption discs? .I used to have about 800+ but i got fed up with having loads of crappy hollywood films so i sold them for silly money. Now i only have around 300 and they'll probably go soon when i get sick of them. ( except my Shameless, Redemption and Vipcos )
In fact my interest in DVD has dropped considerably lately. My medication must have something to do with that as before i started taking it i couldn't stop buying them and now i cant be bothered. I 'll have to stop taking it.

Sorry mate,too much an important part of my collection.......:(

cloud 1st December 2008 05:34 PM

I must admit I am getting concerned about Caiman. They were always the cheapest and now they're hardly around. Instead it's the likes of DVD Legacy and Overman_2000 who take about 5 years to get my packages sent off.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st December 2008 05:38 PM

Try moviemars mate.....;)

Halloween_22 1st December 2008 05:41 PM

Moviemars are alright, the last package I ordered from them took almost three weeks to arrive though, I guess it could have just been a one off.

cloud 1st December 2008 05:45 PM

I've used them a couple of times. Not bad but not up to Caiman's standard.

Remember when we started that "Caiman, Beware!" thread on the old Anchor Bay forum? :rofl: well actually Reaps started it and ****ing well dragged me into it! The stick we took for that! :ack:

Philleh 1st December 2008 06:07 PM

They seemed to be going strong didn't they? they even set up Caiman.uk, Caiman.fr, Caiman.it etc etc... Who knows, maybe they've been warned by Customers?

I want them back though, this month has been a ballache the DVD's are taking nearly 2-3 weeks each to arrive! Bah.

siccoyote 1st December 2008 06:49 PM

I don't care how long it takes to get here so long as they get here, I've got too many dvds to watch anyway, they'll just get added to the pile.

Also dvds from America have got more expensive because of this damned financial crisis.

I didn't really notice much of a difference till last night I thought about ordering 2 t-shirts from America

in 1 year it's gone from $2.1 for £1 to $1.5 to £1 :(

Which also means that the limit you can have in an order before you get stung buy customs has gone from $37 to $27 :( :(

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd December 2008 08:01 PM

Back to the topic in hand,anyone else fancy showing us some pics?:)
(Of their dvd stockpiles):p

siccoyote 2nd December 2008 08:48 PM

When I get mine organised I will, it's too spread out at the moment
and maybe I'll do like some of you and organise by company, though really that's a silly way of doing it if you ever want to find anything

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th December 2008 07:54 PM

Anyone else for showing us their prize collections?

siccoyote 17th December 2008 10:05 PM

I'm not ready...

I'm not ready yet...

siccoyote 18th December 2008 07:02 PM

Okay I've been doing some sorting, here's part of my collection, which is (going in order from top left scrolling right:
Russ Meyer Box Set
Doctor Who
Odd-Shaped Cases & Box Sets
Warner (& others) Snap Cases
Warner Keep Cases
Jewel Cases
Lord Of The Rings
Star Trek
Star Wars
Silent
Action/Comedy/Drama/Etc
My Copy of Dianetics
Sci-Fi/Fantasy
(& Last 3 rows)
'To Be Watched'

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/7...lectionvl5.jpg

This is about 60% of my collection and does not include my 'watched' collections of:
Horror - Asian - Clint Eastwood - Godzilla (and other giant monsters) - Jim Wynorski - Marx Brothers - Trey Parker - Quentin Tarrantino - Mature Cartoons - Shameless - Anime - TV - Music

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th December 2008 07:23 PM

Nice collection...:cool:

siccoyote 18th December 2008 08:39 PM

And here's most of the rest (except for about 200 discs of TV, Music, Anime & 3D)
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/9...ection2wa6.jpg

bedorca 22nd December 2008 07:20 PM

Did you upset Frankenstein?

Is that why he isn't looking at the camera? ;)

PS Great collection