All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3591Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th May 2023, 08:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Written and directed by Christopher Nolan, Oppenheimer is an IMAX®-shot epic thriller that thrusts audiences into the pulse-pounding paradox of the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

The film stars Cillian Murphy as J. Robert Oppenheimer and Emily Blunt as his wife, biologist and botanist Katherine “Kitty” Oppenheimer. Oscar® winner Matt Damon portrays General Leslie Groves Jr., director of the Manhattan Project, and Robert Downey, Jr. plays Lewis Strauss, a founding commissioner of the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission.

Academy Award® nominee Florence Pugh plays psychiatrist Jean Tatlock, Benny Safdie plays theoretical physicist Edward Teller, Michael Angarano plays Robert Serber and Josh Hartnett plays pioneering American nuclear scientist Ernest Lawrence.

Oppenheimer also stars Oscar® winner Rami Malek and reunites Nolan with eight-time Oscar® nominated actor, writer and filmmaker Kenneth Branagh.

The cast includes Dane DeHaan (Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets), Dylan Arnold (Halloween franchise), David Krumholtz (The Ballad of Buster Scruggs), Alden Ehrenreich (Solo: A Star Wars Story) and Matthew Modine (The Dark Knight Rises).

The film is based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning book American Prometheus: The Triumph and Tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer by Kai Bird and the late Martin J. Sherwin. The film is produced by Emma Thomas, Atlas Entertainment’s Charles Roven and Christopher Nolan.

Oppenheimer is filmed in a combination of IMAX® 65mm and 65mm large-format film photography including, for the first time ever, sections in IMAX® black and white analogue photography.

Nolan’s films, including Tenet, Dunkirk, Interstellar, Inception and The Dark Knight trilogy, have earned more than $5 billion at the global box office and have been awarded 11 Oscars and 36 nominations, including two Best Picture nominations.

Looking forward to this the only Nolan film I didn't like was Tenet.
Old 9th May 2023, 09:36 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post

I think this looks pretty good,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

It does. The captain's journal from Dracula. Look forward to it and i hope it does well.

It shouldn't suck seeing as it's from the director of Troll Hunter and The Autopsy of Jane Doe and produced by Amblin Entertainment.

Liam Cunningham's always good value too.
Quote:
It looks excellent with a top-notch cast, good director, and (albeit on a small screen) high production values.

Horror films set in single locations are often very good because the location – in this case, the titular ship – becomes another character, with the claustrophobia and isolation enhancing the tension.
I've been looking forward to this for years ever since it had Neil Marshall was attached to direct. I remember an article in Total Film(?), must be at the very least 10 years ago mentioning this and a film called Outpost about zombies on an oil rig being on Marshalls radar as future projects.
The premise behind Voyage of Demeter has always had huge potential in my mind. So much of that journey by ship is left hinted at but unspoken in other versions and indeed the novel itself.

Last edited by J Harker; 10th May 2023 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10th May 2023, 03:09 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Stars statham think I’ll give it a miss then like I do with other equal as terrible actors like the rock.
If you are avoiding films with Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, you've missed out on some really good entertainment or films that are very easy watching, from Baywatch to Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (and Jumanji: The Next Level), Moana to San Andreas.

I haven't seen Skyscraper or the more recent Fast & Furious films, but would like to.
Old 10th May 2023, 03:21 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
If you are avoiding films with Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, you've missed out on some really good entertainment or films that are very easy watching, from Baywatch to Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (and Jumanji: The Next Level), Moana to San Andreas.

I haven't seen Skyscraper or the more recent Fast & Furious films, but would like to.
I can vouch for Skyscraper Nos. Like others you've mentioned it's very entertaining at least. Not a fan of the Fast and Furious franchise at all I'm afraid.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 10th May 2023, 04:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:

His other Welcome to the Jungle film co-starring Christopher Walken is also great fun.

San Andreas is a fantastic advert for HD sound.
Old 10th May 2023, 06:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
His other Welcome to the Jungle film co-starring Christopher Walken is also great fun.

San Andreas is a fantastic advert for HD sound.
Well each to there own I guess, I have seen some of the films mentioned and didn’t rate them , not because Dwayne Johnson in just think they aren’t very good, but having him in makes me not want to watch them, sorry but I honestly think he is a pure terrible and garbage actor.
But we all have our own and different opinions, I’m sure many actors and films I’ll like that ppl will think same way as I do with Dwayne Johnson, so as saying goes we just have to agree to disagree.
iank likes this.
Old 10th May 2023, 06:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Beetlejuice 2 has started filming In London today,
Curious Q? Why do they give a release date, because it’s well known they’ve done that many times gone past it and then rushed the end product, and then if it flops they blame the fact they had to rush it, why don’t they just film it and then give a release date when they are near the end product then they don’t feel pressured to get it out.
Makes more sense really doesn’t it ?

https://hiddenremote.com/2023/05/09/...thing-we-know/
Old 10th May 2023, 08:18 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Well each to there own I guess, I have seen some of the films mentioned and didn’t rate them , not because Dwayne Johnson in just think they aren’t very good, but having him in makes me not want to watch them, sorry but I honestly think he is a pure terrible and garbage actor.
But we all have our own and different opinions, I’m sure many actors and films I’ll like that ppl will think same way as I do with Dwayne Johnson, so as saying goes we just have to agree to disagree.
He's not my favourite actor either. I wouldn't call him a 'one trick pony', though wouldn't say he's the most talented and versatile either, as these screenshots from four different films show.

I really like the way he played to his range in Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, particularly the 'smouldering intensity' jokes.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Rock in Four Films.jpg (87.0 KB, 29 views)
Old 10th May 2023, 09:35 PM
Cult Acolyte

Just do what I do. Watch the Jumanji movies for Karen Gillan.
Old 10th May 2023, 09:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Just do what I do. Watch the Jumanji movies for Karen Gillan.
She pretty hot so kinda see reason why
iank likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!