Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
The first full (extended) trailer

Release date: July 12
I know it isn't particularly sophisticated, but that made me laugh several times and looks like they've (understandably) created a storyline without Dr Nefario. The film will be high on my to-watch list.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 12th February 2024, 06:56 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I see there's a standalone sequel to 1996's Twister coming this July.

I really like the nineties film. I bet this goes all out to beat it in a manic CGI mess. But here's hoping not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 137829_2_large.jpg (81.0 KB, 32 views)
Old 12th February 2024, 08:08 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

If you feel it, chase it. #TwistersMovie is only in cinemas July 19.

This summer, the epic studio disaster movie returns with an adrenaline-pumping, seat-gripping, big-screen thrill ride that puts you in direct contact with one of nature’s most wondrous—and destructive—forces.

From the producers of the Jurassic, Bourne and Indiana Jones series comes Twisters, a current-day chapter of the 1996 blockbuster, Twister. Directed by Lee Isaac Chung, the Oscar-nominated writer-director of Minari, Twisters stars Golden Globe nominee Daisy Edgar-Jones (Where the Crawdads Sing, Normal People) and Glen Powell (Anyone But You, Top Gun: Maverick) as opposing forces who come together to try to predict, and possibly tame, the immense power of tornadoes.

Edgar-Jones stars as Kate Cooper, a former storm chaser haunted by a devastating encounter with a tornado during her college years who now studies storm patterns on screens safely in New York City. She is lured back to the open plains by her friend, Javi to test a
groundbreaking new tracking system. There, she crosses paths with Tyler Owens (Powell), the charming and reckless social-media superstar who thrives on posting his storm-chasing adventures with his raucous crew, the more dangerous the better.

As storm season intensifies, terrifying phenomena never seen before are unleashed, and Kate, Tyler and their competing teams find themselves squarely in the paths of multiple storm systems converging over central Oklahoma in the fight of their lives.

Twisters also stars Golden Globe nominee Anthony Ramos (In the Heights) as Javi, alongside David Corenswet (upcoming Superman: Legacy), and features an exciting new cast, including Nope’s Brandon Perea, Sasha Lane (American Honey), Daryl McCormack (Peaky Blinders), Kiernan Shipka (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina), Nik Dodani (Atypical) and Golden Globe winner Maura Tierney (Beautiful Boy).

From Amblin Entertainment, Twisters is produced by Oscar nominee Frank Marshall (Jurassic and Indiana Jones franchises) and Patrick Crowley (Jurassic and Bourne franchises). The screenplay is by Mark L. Smith, writer of the Best Picture nominee The Revenant. Twisters will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures internationally and by Universal Pictures in North America.

I don't know how I've managed this, but I've never seen Twister. This makes me want to rectify that soon and I would definitely be up for watching this in the cinema.
Old 12th February 2024, 09:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
If you feel it, chase it. #TwistersMovie is only in cinemas July 19.

This summer, the epic studio disaster movie returns with an adrenaline-pumping, seat-gripping, big-screen thrill ride that puts you in direct contact with one of nature’s most wondrous—and destructive—forces.

From the producers of the Jurassic, Bourne and Indiana Jones series comes Twisters, a current-day chapter of the 1996 blockbuster, Twister. Directed by Lee Isaac Chung, the Oscar-nominated writer-director of Minari, Twisters stars Golden Globe nominee Daisy Edgar-Jones (Where the Crawdads Sing, Normal People) and Glen Powell (Anyone But You, Top Gun: Maverick) as opposing forces who come together to try to predict, and possibly tame, the immense power of tornadoes.

Edgar-Jones stars as Kate Cooper, a former storm chaser haunted by a devastating encounter with a tornado during her college years who now studies storm patterns on screens safely in New York City. She is lured back to the open plains by her friend, Javi to test a
groundbreaking new tracking system. There, she crosses paths with Tyler Owens (Powell), the charming and reckless social-media superstar who thrives on posting his storm-chasing adventures with his raucous crew, the more dangerous the better.

As storm season intensifies, terrifying phenomena never seen before are unleashed, and Kate, Tyler and their competing teams find themselves squarely in the paths of multiple storm systems converging over central Oklahoma in the fight of their lives.

Twisters also stars Golden Globe nominee Anthony Ramos (In the Heights) as Javi, alongside David Corenswet (upcoming Superman: Legacy), and features an exciting new cast, including Nope’s Brandon Perea, Sasha Lane (American Honey), Daryl McCormack (Peaky Blinders), Kiernan Shipka (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina), Nik Dodani (Atypical) and Golden Globe winner Maura Tierney (Beautiful Boy).

From Amblin Entertainment, Twisters is produced by Oscar nominee Frank Marshall (Jurassic and Indiana Jones franchises) and Patrick Crowley (Jurassic and Bourne franchises). The screenplay is by Mark L. Smith, writer of the Best Picture nominee The Revenant. Twisters will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures internationally and by Universal Pictures in North America.

I don't know how I've managed this, but I've never seen Twister. This makes me want to rectify that soon and I would definitely be up for watching this in the cinema.
Twister was a brilliant cinematic experience, Nos. The blu-ray is sadly long out of print, not sure about any 4K, but you can be guaranteed it will be back on shelves in time for this new film.

The scenes showing tractors and farm equipment dropping from the sky were incredible at the time. They still wowed me when i watched the Blu a year or so ago.
Old 12th February 2024, 09:38 PM
Cult Veteran

I saw Twister for the first time last year I really enjoyed it
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 12th February 2024, 10:27 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've ordered the Twister DVD from Music Magpie.

As it was in the 4 for £5 section, I filtered to Blu-ray and bought The Butler, American Sniper, and Safe House, effectively £1.25 each.
Old 13th February 2024, 07:59 AM
Cult Master

'Deadpool & Wolverine' (which now seems to be the title for 'Deadpool 3')

In cinemas July 26

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 13th February 2024, 08:01 AM
Cult Master

'Wicked: Part One'

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 13th February 2024, 10:24 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I've ordered the Twister DVD from Music Magpie.

As it was in the 4 for £5 section, I filtered to Blu-ray and bought The Butler, American Sniper, and Safe House, effectively £1.25 each.
I watched American Sniper for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I was in tears at the end. I knew nothing about the man the film is about. If you haven't seen the film before don't read anything into it before hand and that final scene will floor you.

The making of doc is an excellent companion piece to the film as well. It really goes into detail regarding the films end and how it all unfolded.
Old 13th February 2024, 01:40 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I watched American Sniper for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I was in tears at the end. I knew nothing about the man the film is about. If you haven't seen the film before don't read anything into it before hand and that final scene will floor you.

The making of doc is an excellent companion piece to the film as well. It really goes into detail regarding the films end and how it all unfolded.
I have seen American Sniper before and had a problematic relationship with Chris Kyle, particularly the way he dehumanised the people he was executing, referring to them as 'savages' in his autobiography.

I'm looking forward to watching it again to see if I have a different reaction now so much time has passed since the events depicted in the film.

Like this? Share it using the links below!