Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

Inspector Abberline 21st April 2016 05:23 AM

The Magnificent Seven Official International Teaser Trailer #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rvY-IXJ5Gg

gag 25th April 2016 10:18 PM

I didnt realise there was a crouching tiger hidden dragon sequel.

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th April 2016 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 486535)

You can't have that film without Elmer Bernstein's classic music. Here's hoping it appears somewhere, even if it's during the end credits.

http://youtu.be/45KAjt7v4t4

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th April 2016 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 487188)
You can't have that film without Elmer Bernstein's classic music. Here's hoping it appears somewhere, even if it's during the end credits.

http://youtu.be/45KAjt7v4t4

Plus it's more like The Magnificent Denzel and a bunch of nobodies. Where's the equivalent of McQueen, Bronson etal. I'm presuming Denzel is Chris.

It does actually look okay but it sure as shit ain't The Magnificent Seven, sorry.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th April 2016 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 487198)
Plus it's more like The Magnificent Denzel and a bunch of nobodies. Where's the equivalent of McQueen, Bronson etal. I'm presuming Denzel is Chris.

It does actually look okay but it sure as shit ain't The Magnificent Seven, sorry.

Dear God! Vinnie Jones is in it. Did they have cockneys going round calling people wankers in the old west?

Having looked it up on IMDB, none of the characters have the same names as the 1960 film. They should have called it something else. Perhaps QT nicked their original idea. ;)

It's easy to be negative about a remake of a classic but considering the track record of remakes there's no wonder. Besides Fuqua's interpretation of The Equalizer was really poor in my opinion.

J Harker 25th April 2016 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 487200)
Dear God! Vinnie Jones is in it. Did they have cockneys going round calling people wankers in the old west?

Having looked it up on IMDB, none of the characters have the same names as the 1960 film. They should have called it something else. Perhaps QT nicked their original idea. ;)

It's easy to be negative about a remake of a classic but considering the track record of remakes there's no wonder. Besides Fuqua's interpretation of The Equalizer was really poor in my opinion.

I really liked The Equalizer. But then i never watched the old Woodward show.

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th April 2016 11:30 PM

Up and Coming Films

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 487198)

Yeah, he's the Chris character, I assume Pratt (well named) is the equivalent of Vin. I think they've renamed everyone though.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th April 2016 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 487206)
Yeah, he's the Chris character, I assume Pratt (well named) is the equivalent of Vin. I think they've renamed everyone though.

What are your thoughts on it Stephen? Do you like the original. You keep your likes and dislikes fairly close to your chest most of the time.

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th April 2016 11:50 PM

Up and Coming Films

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 487210)
What are your thoughts on it Stephen? Do you like the original. You keep your likes and dislikes fairly close to your chest most of the time.

I really like the original. That reminds me, I fell asleep the other night replying to J Harker when he asked me if there are any films I actually dislike. To answer that one here, I can watch pretty much anything and get some enjoyment out of it, even if it's a film others think is awful. It's like people who analyse films and can explain what the makers are trying to say. I don't have a clue tbh. Case in point, I watch The Delta Force and all I see is a romp with Chuck Norris blowing shit up. Calum ripped into me because I like it. Says it's racist. I honestky didn't see that. All I saw was Chuck doing his thing. Same with RoboCop, all I see is a guy being resurrected and killing people, and funny. I'm honestly not very bright, I don't think deeply about anything I watch, amd can't put into words (apart from these) why I like anything.

You asked!

J Harker 25th April 2016 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 487216)
I really like the original. That reminds me, I fell asleep the other night replying to J Harker when he asked me if there are any films I actually dislike. To answer that one here, I can watch pretty much anything and get some enjoyment out of it, even if it's a film others think is awful. It's like people who analyse films and can explain what the makers are trying to say. I don't have a clue tbh. Case in point, I watch The Delta Force and all I see is a romp with Chuck Norris blowing shit up. Calum ripped into me because I like it. Says it's racisd. I honestky didn't see that. All I saw was Chuck doing his thing. Same with RoboCop, all I see is a guy being resurrected and killing people, and funny. I'm honestly not very bright, I don't think deeply about anything I watch, amd can't put into words (apart from these) why I like anything.

You asked!

[emoji38] i didn't like to pursue the matter. Just that you rarely seen to post much in the way of reviews but clearly have quite wide and varied tastes as seen in the 'bought' thread. Heard you mention many films you love but never something you hate. Was just curious is all.