Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th April 2016 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 487216)
I really like the original. That reminds me, I fell asleep the other night replying to J Harker when he asked me if there are any films I actually dislike. To answer that one here, I can watch pretty much anything and get some enjoyment out of it, even if it's a film others think is awful. It's like people who analyse films and can explain what the makers are trying to say. I don't have a clue tbh. Case in point, I watch The Delta Force and all I see is a romp with Chuck Norris blowing shit up. Same with RoboCop, all I see is a guy being resurrected and killing people, and funny. I'm honestly not very bright, I don't think deeply about anything I watch, amd can't put into words (apart from these) why I like anything.

You asked!

Thank you, that was a very honest answer. Like you i watch action films and westerns and see entertainment rather than anything else.

I thought people were taking the Michael when they said Deodato had all these agendas with Cannibal Holocaust.

Actually i still do.

I don't think he had any socio-political agendas when he made it. He just wanted to shock people. He had thirty years to pretend he was being profound with the film.

I'm sure vast swathes of our film collections will match. Perhaps not by format (or artwork :lol:) but movie wise.

Stephen@Cult Labs 26th April 2016 12:11 AM

Up and Coming Films

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 487218)
[emoji38] i didn't like to pursue the matter. Just that you rarely seen to post much in the way of reviews but clearly have quite wide and varied tastes as seen in the 'bought' thread. Heard you mention many films you love but never something you hate. Was just curious is all.

No problem. I'm sure a lot of people see what I've bought and think, is he for real? [emoji23]

J Harker 26th April 2016 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 487230)
No problem. I'm sure a lot of people see what I've bought and think, is he for real? [emoji23]

Nope.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th April 2016 12:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Certainly not me. The only difference is that i'm not replacing them with blu-rays.

A small section of my comedy shelf for example. I'm not proud.

Stephen@Cult Labs 26th April 2016 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 487232)
Certainly not me. The only difference is that i'm not replacing them with blu-rays.

Nothing wrong with that shelf!

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th April 2016 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 487233)
Nothing wrong with that shelf!

I've watched many of them far more than any of the so called cooler films i own.

gag 26th April 2016 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 487216)
I really like the original. That reminds me, I fell asleep the other night replying to J Harker when he asked me if there are any films I actually dislike. To answer that one here, I can watch pretty much anything and get some enjoyment out of it, even if it's a film others think is awful. It's like people who analyse films and can explain what the makers are trying to say. I don't have a clue tbh. Case in point, I watch The Delta Force and all I see is a romp with Chuck Norris blowing shit up. Calum ripped into me because I like it. Says it's racisd. I honestky didn't see that. All I saw was Chuck doing his thing. Same with RoboCop, all I see is a guy being resurrected and killing people, and funny. I'm honestly not very bright, I don't think deeply about anything I watch, amd can't put into words (apart from these) why I like anything.

You asked!

I dont look into films to much either, just stick them on and enjoy them for what they are, i dont lik delve into it making statement about what the director was trying to achieve but did this and this scene wrong.
if i have it's extremely rare. But if i dislike a film then like everyone else i say so. But we all have different taste and i can find some shit films entertaining in my own way, my friends are always saying my taste in films is shit, but then again they wouldn't know a decent film if they saw one because their to busy being wrapped up into days Hollywood films and think their great because they got tonnes of crash bang wallop action and **** all else to offer and think half of these so called horrors like paranormal activity are great and scary, then probably complain tcm is shit.
Im not sure whats meant to be scary about these paranormal activities when imo jack shit happens and their not even atmospheric and boring as hell and great for insomniacs.

gag 26th April 2016 07:06 AM

Quote:

Not people on forums like these because we understand the concept of how bad a film is that its so bad its good.
But other people who dont collect or understand films would think even the good films in our collection would be shit.
Last year 4work mates wanted to watch the warriors because i mentioned it several times, and not one was impressed one went about half way through, another said he was bored, one thought it was shite and other just said it was ok but couldnt watch it again, and thats their opinion on a cult classic film, maybe i should put on Basket case or bad taste and see what they think of them :nod::lol:

gag 26th April 2016 07:11 AM

Quote:

Im not proud, :rolleyes:you right there i wouldn't be proud of them films either :lol: type i just just walk past in the 50p sale box in a charity shop :lol:

Ps just kidding.... or am i :rolleyes:

Each to their own at end of the day, then a new one begins and we just buy more shite :tongue1:;)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th April 2016 07:29 AM

Quote:

You shouldn't be! :tongue1: