Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th May 2016 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 491894)
Interesting. I hope others chip in with their verdict cos i'm interested to see if it's another one of my movie abominations that everyone else loves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 491896)
As i recall Rik is a fan. Think Nos hated it though.

Correct! I thought it was a hollow, soulless, and pointless 'reimagining' of Sam Raimi's classic film with so many references to make it a remake but with a different reason for the teens being in their cabin. I didn't like any of the characters and found the overreliance on CGI and unusual colour filters irritating more than anything else.

gag 30th May 2016 09:04 PM

Just thought i post this here

Dany aykroyd tweet on new Ghostbusters

WhoSay - #CelebsUnfiltered, Social Celebrities, Entertainment News, Photos, Videos, and Exclusives

nosferatu42 31st May 2016 11:25 AM

Just had a look on Indiegogo at 88films fundraiser, to see if they'd announced anything yet.
Nothing doing.

Noticed there is also a fundraiser on the go for Surrealist animator Jan Svankmajer, for a film called Insects that he says will be his last film, he's 81 at the moment.
It's doing pretty well, but i just thought i'd let people know, if there's any fans out there.:pop2:

Susan Foreman 8th June 2016 05:00 PM

The Who criticise 'ridiculous' Quadrophenia sequel - BBC News

gag 8th June 2016 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 493321)

Unless im missing something here,
If their trying to get back the original cast and show where they are now then how come its not classed as a sequel?
Surely it is? More than a film that doesnt kinda follow on or have any of original cast.

Susan Foreman 8th June 2016 06:18 PM

It IS classed as a sequel, but it's something that The Who (who recorded the original 'Quadrophenia' album in the 70's) do not want anything to do with it

'Quadrophenia', is a concept album about the MODS and Rockers clashes on Brighton beach in 1964 and the falling apart of Jimmy (a young Mod)

Both the album and the film are products of their time. They are a complete story, and as such do not need a follow up. As Bill Curbishley, the band's manager states in the article: "Quadrophenia is a significant and influential film based on The Who's music, not some Carry On franchise"

gag 9th June 2016 10:42 PM

Hellraiser: Judgment Director Describes New Pinhead; More "Badass" - iHorror

Justin101 13th June 2016 09:21 AM

It seems that Mallrats sequel tentatively titled 'Mallbrats' is no longer going to be a movie but a TV series.

Kevin Smith announces Mallrats TV series ? Empire

I don't know what to think about this, it could be great as I think the episodic nature of Mallrats would work for a limited series of 10 or 13 episodes. Plus Tusk was annoying and Yoga Hosers is getting universally panned across the board so maybe he's lost his touch.

MuckyFunster 13th June 2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 493887)
It seems that Mallrats sequel tentatively titled 'Mallbrats' is no longer going to be a movie but a TV series.

I love *Mallrats* and I love the other classic Kevin Smith films. I even loved Clerks 2! But I can't really imagine a Mallrats TV series being anything other than a sitcom set in a shopping Mall :-/

Also, Clerks the (animated) Tv series was rotten!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin101 13th June 2016 10:21 AM

Yeah, I'm not pinning any hopes on it, but I'll reserve my judgement for if or when it gets aired. I'm almost surprised that anyone in Hollywood wants to work with him any more. He lashes out when he makes crap films and gets critically panned for them, throwing his toys out of the pram.