Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

gag 11th May 2021 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 651872)
I always thought it was a short term thing anyway. To be fair the pricing has probably been off putting for a lot of people anyway, £15-20 for a RENTAL of a movie. Might be ok for a family film if you're sitting down with a few people, it's cheaper than a trip to the cinema, the car parking, the snacks etc. If you're a film fan who usually goes on your own (me) that's 2-3 times more than a ticket.

I'm looking forward to seeing films on the big screen again, I have missed it. Doubt I'll be rushing back next week though.

True, our vue cinema if remember correctly is £5, now that’s a sensible price for one person, and at that price shouldn’t put people off going, I’m looking forward to going back.

Susan Foreman 11th May 2021 09:26 AM

Quote:

I'm looking forward to seeing films on the big screen again, I have missed it. Doubt I'll be rushing back next week though.

Probably not if you are in Wales!

Covid: Wales cinema rules 'impractical and unnecessary'/ BBC News

"Only a "small minority" of cinemas in Wales will be able to reopen next week under current restrictions, according to an industry trade body.

Phil Clapp, chief executive of the association which represents 90% of the industry including big cinema chains, said because many cinemas were licensed for the sale of alcohol it meant Welsh officials had "lumped them in" with pubs and restaurants.

Under Welsh government guidelines the following rules will apply to cinemas:
- Customers will have to be seated while ordering and buying food and drink
- Even if customers use the QR code system to "check in" and register their details, they will still have to collected by the venue
- The venue is also expected to verify details by asking people for photo ID, for example a passport or driving licence
- The time customers leave the cinema will also have to be recorded"

Justin101 11th May 2021 09:54 AM

Last time I checked Liverpool isn't in Wales :lol: ;)

I'm pretty sure that our Odeon is re-opening as soon as it can, not sure about the smaller chain cinemas we also have an Everyman and a Picturehouse in the city centre. They only seem to be showing films which have already been on VoD so it might be a while until I'm tempted back.

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th May 2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

I always thought it was a short term thing anyway. To be fair the pricing has probably been off putting for a lot of people anyway, £15-20 for a RENTAL of a movie. Might be ok for a family film if you're sitting down with a few people, it's cheaper than a trip to the cinema, the car parking, the snacks etc. If you're a film fan who usually goes on your own (me) that's 2-3 times more than a ticket.

I didn't realise you had to pay extra to watch say Wonder Woman 1984. I presumed if you got Netflix then the film came free as part of your £8 monthly sub.

Justin101 11th May 2021 12:16 PM

No, I wish! You have to rent it from the likes of iTunes or Amazon and then you have 48hrs to watch it, some platforms allow one viewing, others as many times as you like in the rental period.

Then you have Disney+ where you pay for a subscription to access their platform and then they charge you £15.99 to watch Mulan. So people were splitting the costs with friends and family and sharing the login details, all of which is against the ToS for the membership etc.

I think we're going to go into a lull now, I doubt that the major studios have been producing the massive tent-pole films and it'll be a while before anything is finished and we'll be just getting more lo-key and medium budget movies for a while.

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th May 2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 651886)
No, I wish! You have to rent it from the likes of iTunes or Amazon and then you have 48hrs to watch it, some platforms allow one viewing, others as many times as you like in the rental period.

Then you have Disney+ where you pay for a subscription to access their platform and then they charge you £15.99 to watch Mulan. So people were splitting the costs with friends and family and sharing the login details, all of which is against the ToS for the membership etc.

I think we're going to go into a lull now, I doubt that the major studios have been producing the massive tent-pole films and it'll be a while before anything is finished and we'll be just getting more lo-key and medium budget moves for a while.

Coming up you've go Cruella (28 May) A Quiet Place II (June 3rd), Freaky and Censor (25th June) whilst Black Widow and Fast and Furious 9 open early July.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th May 2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 651886)

I think we're going to go into a lull now, I doubt that the major studios have been producing the massive tent-pole films and it'll be a while before anything is finished and we'll be just getting more lo-key and medium budget movies for a while.

I was pleased to be able to watch Nomadland without paying extra, something I did yesterday, because it was included in the Disney+ subscription my brother has taken and shared with the rest of the family. If I had to spend £15 for a 48-hour rental, I wouldn't have been prepared to spend that money.

Justin101 11th May 2021 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 651890)
I was pleased to be able to watch Nomadland without paying extra, something I did yesterday, because it was included in the Disney+ subscription my brother has taken and shared with the rest of the family. If I had to spend £15 for a 48-hour rental, I wouldn't have been prepared to spend that money.

I'm going to watch that at some point was it good?

To be honest, I can't see many people renting a film like Nomadland on Disney+ unlike something like Onward or Mulan which were huge films, I'm really surprised actually that Soul was just given as part of the Subscription, but it was on Christmas Day so they must have done it as like a gift?!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th May 2021 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 651892)
I'm going to watch that at some point was it good?

I thought Nomadland was brilliant, yes, a thoughtful and poignant character study. It features a stunning performance from Frances McDormand which fully deserved every plaudit, including the Best Actress Oscar. It's a film I intend to watch again, probably next week, and again later this year.

I can't say whether it deserved the Best Picture Oscar only because I haven't seen The Father, Judas and the Black Messiah, Minari, or Promising Young Women. (I have seen Mank, Sound of Metal, and Trial of the Chicago 7, and Nomadland is as good as any of them.)

Dave Boy 11th May 2021 06:27 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing Godzilla V Kong at the cinema.

trebor8273 11th May 2021 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 651901)
I'm looking forward to seeing Godzilla V Kong at the cinema.

It looked great on tv ,can see it being mind blown on the big screen.

gag 15th May 2021 06:21 AM

Bring it on getting a horror spin off.

https://www.eonline.com/uk/news/1269...-movie-spinoff

Get Your Spirit Fingers Ready: Bring It On Is Getting a Horror Movie Spinoff
The inspiration-leaders are back! Syfy announced it will release a spooky take on the iconic 2000 film Bring It On with a Halloween-themed sequel coming in 2022.

Watch: "Bring It On": Cliff's 40th Birthday - E! News Rewind
They're sexy! They're cute! They're ready for the reboot!

Syfy is officially making a horror spinoff of the fan-favorite cheerleading movie Bring It On, the sci-fi company announced on Thursday, May 13.

More than 20 years after the original movie was released, Syfy will debut a new film that's currently being dubbed Bring It On: Halloween. It's expected to premiere on non-theatrical platforms in 2022. Let's just say Halloween just got a lot more peppy!

Created in partnership with Universal 1440 Entertainment, the film teaser is as follows: "Held down by restrictive rules, an embattled cheerleading squad seeks the freedom of a creepy, closed school gym to practice for regionals, but when members of the squad start to disappear, the cheerleaders must unmask their assailant to save themselves."

The original film famously stars Kirsten Dunst and Gabrielle Union as high school cheerleading rivals Torrance and Isis, though there's no word yet on the cast for the sequel.

Neither actress has posted about the follow-up. However, Gabrielle is hard at work on another beloved reboot: Disney's Cheaper by the Dozen reimagining by Black-ish creator Kenya Barris. Kirsten, who is pregnant with her second child, is wrapping up The Power of the Dog with her partner Jesse Plemons.

On Twitter, Rebekah McKendry and Dana Schwartz revealed they wrote the script for Bring It On: Halloween.

"DID SOMEBODY SAY BRING IT ON SEQUEL????" Dana tweeted on Thursday. "I actually had the time of my life co-writing this cheerleader horror movie with the brilliant @RebekahMcKendry." The author later gushed, "WE HAD SO MUCH FUN."

Rebekah got in the spirit with a celebratory post of her own, writing, "I'm thrilled [to] announce I had the honor of co-writing the upcoming BRING IT ON:HALLOWEEN along with the amazing @DanaSchwartzzz."

The filmmaker, who has directed Psycho Granny and All the Creatures Were Stirring, summarized all our thoughts by adding, "Cheerleaders and horror! Ready, ok!"

E! News has reached out to Syfy for confirmation on the creative team.

(E! and Syfy are both part of the NBCUniversal family.)

iank 15th May 2021 07:36 AM

... what? :confused:

gag 15th May 2021 05:03 PM

https://www.ihorror.com/the-witch-an...PW_FO6m-swddVo

The Witch’ and ‘The Lighthouse’ Director’s Next Film Stars Björk and Nicole Kidman

If it’s one director that has done a nice job of shaking up the indie and the horror worlds it gotta be Robet Eggers as of late. The dude, is dropping black and white films starring big names and doing it somewhat quietly, for Crom’s sake. Eggers is no doubt a visionary and we can’t wait for anything he does, and currently, that next thing we are looking forward to is The Northman over at Focus Features.

The Northman will focus on a viking prince that goes batshit, and takes swift revenge after anyone who had anything to do with the death of his father. The film stars Björk, Nicole Kidman, Alexander Skarsgard, Ethan Hawke, Anya Taylor Joy and Willem Dafoe.

Eggers co-writes the screen play with poet, Sjón.

A revenge story from Eggers with this much of a particular caliber after actor is very exciting. I’m also wondering if he will ever decide to go back and focus on black and white.

Whatever he decides, I feel like are in really good hands. The film is set to be released in theaters April 8, 2022.

Dave Boy 24th May 2021 01:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WVDKZJkGlY

Mmm. We'll have to see about this. I can't get any excitement up about these new Phase Marvel movies. Is any one excited about Shang-Chi?
Maybe Iv'e just lost my mojo about these movies at the moment.

gag 24th May 2021 05:53 PM

https://deadline.com/2021/05/timothe...os-1234762658/

Timothée Chalamet To Play Willy Wonka In New Origin Tale From Warner Bros And The Roald Dahl Story Co

EXCLUSIVE: Timothée Chalamet is ready to head to a world of pure imagination as the Oscar-nominated actor is set to star as the iconic inventor and chocolate maker in Warner Bros and the Roald Dahl Story Co.’s Wonka. Based on characters created by Roald Dahl, the story will focus on a young Willy Wonka and his adventures prior to opening the world’s most famous chocolate factory. Sources also tell Deadline that Wonka*will mark the first time Chalamet gets to show off his singing and dancing skills with several musical numbers set to appear in the film. He’s been the top choice for some time but scheduling was a hurdle that had to be overcome as training for those numbers is included in the prep for this film.

Paul King will direct from the screenplay he wrote with Simon Farnaby (with prior writers including Simon Rich, Simon Stephenson, Jeff Nathanson and Steven Levenson). David Heyman is producing via his Heyday Films. Luke Kelly is also producing, with Michael Siegel and Alexandra Derbyshire executive producing.

This marks the third time WB has taken on the Wonka story, with the previous versions being adaptations of Dahl’s classic novel Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The first one, in 1971, starred Gene Wilder as Wonka, and the second in 2005 starred Johnny Depp in the role. While plot details are unknown, the new pic will be an origin tale of the character and mark the first time Charlie Bucket will not be featured.

For Chalamet, the Oscar nominee has avoided the tentpole pic over the years with his upcoming Dune*adaptation being his first true venture into the genre. This film will also give him a possible franchise was well. Later this year, Chalamet will be seen staring in Denis Villeneuve’s Dune for Warner Bros and Legendary, Wes Anderson’s The French Dispatch opposite Frances McDormand, and Adam McKay’s Don’t Look Up opposite Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence. He is repped by UTA and attorney Lev Ginsburg.

gag 24th May 2021 06:20 PM

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...ent-champions/

Escape Room’ Sequel Brings All the Winners Together In a ‘Tournament of Champions’!
Six new people who unwittingly find themselves locked in another series of escape rooms on July 16, 2021.

One of 2019’s biggest surprises was the Adam Robitel-directed horror-thriller Escape Room, which trapped six strangers in a building to play a game that was actually rigged with traps. The film’s surprising epilogue opened the door for sequels, the first of which is set to open this summer from Columbia Pictures.

Escape Room: Tournament of Champions is the official title of Robitel’s follow-up, which finds six new people who unwittingly find themselves locked in another series of escape rooms, slowly uncovering what they have in common to survive…and discovering they’ve all played the game before.

Bloody Disgusting just scored the first ever images from the sequel, which will be toying with audiences in theaters everywhere on July 16, 2021.

Escape Room stars Logan Miller and Taylor Russell will be returning for the sequel. Isabelle Fuhrman (Orphan), Holland Roden (“Channel Zero: Butcher’s Block”), Indya Moore (“Pose”), Thomas Cocquerel (“The 100”) and Carlito Olivero (“East Los High”) also star.

Susan Foreman 26th May 2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 647241)
New evil dead, evil dead rise will take place in New Zealand

‘Evil Dead’ Sequel ‘Evil Dead Rise’ Coming to HBO Max With Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell Executive Producing / Variety

"...Unlike its predecessors, “Evil Dead Rise” is set for release on streamers: HBO Max in the U.S., on Canal Plus in the U.K. and Metropolitan in France...

...The next chapter in the saga builds off the original trilogy, rather than the 2013 reboot, and moves the action out of the woods and into the city. The twisted tale centers on two estranged sisters, portrayed by Alyssa Sutherland and Lily Sullivan, whose reunion is cut short by the rise of flesh-possessing demons, thrusting them into a primal battle for survival as they face the most nightmarish version of family imaginable..."

Susan Foreman 27th May 2021 01:56 PM

"...If you swapped out Dwayne Johnson with Johnny Depp’s Captain Sparrow, Jungle Cruise would look like the latest Pirates of the Caribbean sequel, splashing the film with a supernatural element and a villain that steers this boat right into eco and body horror territory..."

gag 9th June 2021 04:57 AM

The cube trailer

That trailer poor I've seen a better trailer earlier but somehow can't copy it to post.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th June 2021 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 653112)

"...If you swapped out Dwayne Johnson with Johnny Depp’s Captain Sparrow, Jungle Cruise would look like the latest Pirates of the Caribbean sequel, splashing the film with a supernatural element and a villain that steers this boat right into eco and body horror territory..."

Looks fun. Paul Giamatti automatically makes it partly good.

Looks a nice artwork by Drew Struzan. I bet original posters are not cheap to come by.

gag 15th June 2021 10:26 AM

V/H/S 4

https://www.screenrant.com/vhs-4-horror-movie-reboot/

V/H/S 4 Will Reboot The Horror Franchise
Bloody Disgusting's anthology-style horror franchise V/H/S will be getting a reboot with a fourth installment in the series to be called V/H/S/94.

The anthology-style horror franchise V/H/S will be getting a reboot with a fourth installment in the series, V/H/S/94. The series uses the idea of found VHS tapes interconnected by a framing narrative to showcase several short horror films dealing with zombies, aliens, the occult, alternate dimensions, and more.

The first V/H/S premiered at Sundance in 2012 with the second film in the series, V/H/S 2, released in 2013 and the third installment V/H/S: Viral in 2014. In 2016, a segment from the first film titled 'Amateur Night' was adapted into the feature-length spinoff film, Siren. A four-episode mini-series was released in 2018 on Snapchat’s Snap Original platform.

According to THR, V/H/S/94 will be the first in the horror series to be presented as a single, fluid narrative, with each section linked together, as opposed to the previous format of unrelated tails framed in an external story. David Bruckner, whose film The Night House was picked up by Searchlight Pictures out of Sundance and who also signed on to the recently announced Hellraiser remake, has written and developed V/H/S 94 and will also produce the film. Radio Silence, a Los Angeles based directing trio who, along with Bruckner, contributed to the first V/H/S film with the segment '10/31/98' have also signed on to produce installment four.

Others stepping into the producer role include co-creators of the franchise and owners of horror website Bloody Disgusting Brad Miska and Tom Owen. Raven Banner Entertainment will be introducing the project to potential buyers at the Virtual Cannes Market this week. Michael Paszt, James Fler, and Andrew T. Hunt will serve as executive producers. Simon Barrett (writer You’re Next, The Guest), Indonesian horror creator Timo Tjahjanto (Netflix’s The Night Comes for Us), and newcomer Chloe Okuno have all been announced as directors on the project. The producers are reportedly also in talks with other filmmakers. No cast information is available at this time.

The new construction of the piece will be an interesting shift from the previous formula and could serve to tell a more detailed narrative. The previous installments of V/H/S all focused on the premise of a cache of cursed tapes (some being cross-referenced in different films) that make the viewers go insane, ending in tragedy and for some, continuing the curse of the tapes. Installment three, with the introduction of cell phones, seems to fulfill this mandate with the cursed videos going ‘viral’ as the title suggests.

The use of ’94 could be a hint as to the next installment’s premise and even indicate an origin story for the videos. 1994 was in the height of the VHS era, and handheld cameras were a common feature in people’s homes. The continuous narrative could be a way to explain who made the videos and why. However, since it's described as a reboot, there is a chance V/H/S/94 is not related to the existing films.

gag 17th June 2021 06:55 AM

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/40...en-of-the-corn

Elijah Wood Still Wants to Reboot NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET and CHILDREN OF THE CORN
Let's test him out on CHILDREN OF THE CORN and then we'll see about ELM STREET

Elijah Wood has been killing it behind and in front of the camera for years now. And today we hear that he still wants to reboot Wes Craven’s A Nightmare on Elm Street and Stephen King’s Children of the Corn.

Wood tells ComicBook.com: “We, personally, have talked a lot about, internally, Elm Street and how incredible it would be to play in that universe again and see that universe, to see Freddy [Krueger] and just that concept be explored again. That’s something that we’re fascinated in. Obviously, that is not a lesser-known, smaller thing that should be remade into a big one. But another one that I feel is exciting, I know that there’s already a remake coming out, but we still really love Children of the Corn. I feel like that would be an exciting thing to … from the ground up, taking it from the novel, not remaking the movie, but actually take the short story and flesh that out in an interesting way.”

iank 17th June 2021 07:51 AM

Or you could... y'know... come up with something original instead, eh lad? :rolleyes::tongue1:

Dave Boy 17th June 2021 09:25 AM

^ Right on!

gag 17th June 2021 10:07 AM

That’s why I don’t mind directors like

Ari Aster
Robert eggers
Jordan peele

I know all 3 have only made 2 films but at least they are trying to
out something different and new instead of the same old same old tired out thing. etc.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th June 2021 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 654408)
That’s why I don’t mind directors like

Ari Aster
Robert eggers
Jordan peele

I know all 3 have only made 2 films but at least they are trying to
out something different and new instead of the same old same old tired out thing. etc.

Ari Aster practically remade The Wicker Man and called it Midsommar.

Jordan Peele practically remade The Skeleton Key and called it Get Out

Whilst Robert Eggers made one superb film and one borefest about wanking, farting lighthouse keepers.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th June 2021 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 654415)
Hmm. Let's see.

Whilst Robert Eggers made one superb film and one borefest about wanking, farting lighthouse keepers.

Midsommar is more like Tarkovski's The Sacrifice than The Wicker Man, but it's still an original work.

I get the similarities between The Skeleton Key and Get Out, though I think the latter is the better, more unsettling, and thought-provoking of the two.

As for The Lighthouse, I thought it was brilliant and will probably watch it again next week.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th June 2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 654417)
Midsommar is more like Tarkovski's The Sacrifice than The Wicker Man, but it's still an original work.

I get the similarities between The Skeleton Key and Get Out, though I think the latter is the better, more unsettling, and thought-provoking of the two.

As for The Lighthouse, I thought it was brilliant and will probably watch it again next week.

I watched The Lighthouse once. Didn't review it anywhere though, and i can't remember a thing about it other than how i summed it up in my post above.

I'll have to give it a rewatch as it seemed so disappointing in comparison the The Witch.

gag 17th June 2021 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 654415)

Problem is just about every film gets compared to another film nowadays , how many films like or similar to wickerman have been made. It’s hard now to make a film without being compared to something else, at least they’re not making the same old tired same old same old and at least trying to be different or come up with something new. I’d say at least 75% of the film market for years is
Marvel / dc / superhero
Remakes, reboots, spin off / sequel, Micheal bay style shite,

How many films fall into the Annabelle , conjuring universe
How many fast and furious films are there now ?
How many mission impossible films can make before running out of steam
And still churning out stuff like Chucky, Hellraiser, aliens etc .
And how many films are connected to marvel and DC superhero universe,
List is endless.

so it’s a nice change to see something that doesn’t fit into any of them categories.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th June 2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 654419)
Problem is just about every film gets compared to another film nowadays , how many films like or similar to wickerman have been made. It’s hard now to make a film without being compared to something else, at least they’re not making the same old tired same old same old and at least trying to be different or come up with something new. I’d say at least 75% of the film market for years is
Marvel / dc / superhero
Remakes, reboots, spin off / sequel, Micheal bay style shite, etc etc so it’s a nice change to see something that doesn’t fit into any of them categories.

There are a lot of films released that don't fit into those categories you just don't get them shoved down your throat.

What you should have said was "something that received hype that didn't fit into those categories."

gag 17th June 2021 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 654420)
There are a lot of films released that don't fit into those categories you just don't get them shoved down your throat.

What you should have said was "something that received hype that didn't fit into those categories."

Yes, But a lot go unheard or slip through the net or have to be found by word of mouth or recommendation.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th June 2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 654421)
Yes, But a lot go unheard or slip through the net or have to be found by word of mouth or recommendation.

Which is exactly what i said, you know, un hyped!

gag 17th June 2021 09:26 PM

Really

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/40...epV-ebVZx_kWQQ

Female Lead Cast in HELLRAISER Reboot with Gender Swapped Pinhead
We've gotten word that Odessa A’Zion has been cast as the female lead in David Bruckner's HELLRAISER reboot for Spyglass!

We’re getting word that Odessa A’Zion (Let’s Scare Julie) has been cast as the female lead, “Riley”, in the upcoming Hellraiser reboot in the works at Spyglass Media (not to be confused with the Hellraiser series in the works at HBO). This news comes via Illuminerdi, the same site the first reported Elija Wood had been cast in Macon Blair’s upcoming Toxic Avenger reboot.

Illuminerdi also claims that the upcoming reboot will feature a female Pinhead:

Previously we revealed that the developers were looking for a female lead to play a gender-swapped Pinhead in a reinvention of the classic antagonist.

For an in-depth examination of this casting news put into context with the expanded Hellraiser universe, check out the video below from Mr. H! (In the link)

David Bruckner (The Ritual) is directing Spyglass’s Hellraiser reboot from a screenplay penned by Ben Collins and Luke Piotrowski.

Meanwhile, there is also a Hellraiser TV series in the works. That series has Halloween director David Gordon Green set to helm the pilot. Mark Verheiden (Battlestar Gallactica, Daredevil, Heroes) and Michael Dougherty (Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Trick R Treat) will pen the scripts.

Susan Foreman 18th June 2021 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 654462)
Really

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/40...epV-ebVZx_kWQQ

Female Lead Cast in HELLRAISER Reboot with Gender Swapped Pinhead
We've gotten word that Odessa A’Zion has been cast as the female lead in David Bruckner's HELLRAISER reboot for Spyglass!

The character was female in the original Clive Barker story
"“Its voice, unlike that of its companion, was light and breathy-the voice of an excited girl. Every inch of its head had been tattooed with an intricate grid, and at every intersection of horizontal and vertical axes a jeweled pin driven through to the bone. Its tongue was similarly decorated.”"

gag 21st June 2021 03:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wolf creek 3

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...74-fWYgtxylJP0

MOVIESJohn Jarratt is Back as Mick Taylor in ‘Wolf Creek 3’; Here’s Everything We Know!

It’s been a bit since we’ve gotten any sort of update on the future of the Wolf Creek franchise, which to date includes two films and two seasons of a television series. Greg McLean has been teasing his desire to make a third movie for a while now, and today we’ve learned that it’s finally happening. Altitude Film Sales has taken worldwide sales rights, Variety reports!

Altitude will be introducing the project to buyers at the Virtual Cannes Market this week. Variety notes that the worldwide sales rights don’t include Australia/New Zealand.

In the third film, “An American family takes a dream trip to the Australian outback and soon draws the attention of notorious serial killer Mick Taylor. A hellish nightmare ensues as the couple’s two children escape only to be hunted by Australia’s most infamous killer.”

John Jarratt will return as outback serial killer Mick Taylor. Greg McLean is on board to produce the third installment, though Rachele Wiggins will sit in the director’s chair this time.

Variety notes, “Production will commence late 2021 in South Australia.”

Duncan Samarasinghe wrote the script. McLean said in a statement, “Duncan’s compelling, suspense-filled script combined with Rachele’s exciting directorial vision for the film will deliver a horror roller-coaster ride sure to delight genre fans around the world.”

gag 22nd June 2021 08:40 PM

gag 22nd June 2021 08:47 PM

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...ristoph-waltz/

Dead for a Dollar’: Walter Hill is Back With New Western-Thriller Starring Willem Dafoe and Christoph Waltz

Walter Hill (The Warriors, “Tales from the Crypt”) is set to make his return to the director’s chair for the first time since The Assignment in 2016, with Deadline reporting that Hill’s next is a western-thriller titled Dead for a Dollar. And the cast is already stacked, as both Willem Dafoe (The Lighthouse) and Christoph Waltz (Django Unchained) are signed on to star!

Deadline details, “Hill will write and direct the feature which is set in New Mexico Territory, Chihuahua, in 1897. The story will follow Max Borlund (Waltz), a famed bounty hunter, hired to find and return Rachel Price, the politically progressive wife of Nathan Price, a successful Santa Fe businessman. Max is told she has been kidnapped by an African American army deserter, Elijah Jones, and is being held for ransom in Mexico. When Max goes south of the border he soon runs across his sworn enemy, expatriate American Joe Cribbens (Dafoe), a professional gambler, sometime outlaw, who Max had tracked down and sent to prison years before.”

“When Borlund finds Rachel and Elijah hiding deep in the wilds of the Mexican desert, he discovers that Rachel has willingly fled from an abusive husband, and the runaway soldier is, in fact, her romantic partner. Max is now faced with a dilemma: does he return the wife back across the border to the man who hired him, or does he aid Rachel’s bid for freedom and fight off ruthless hired guns and his longtime criminal rival.”

Walter Hill wrote the script, with Matt Harris also working on it.

gag 24th June 2021 09:37 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Forever purge

More pics in the link.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...image-gallery/

The film franchise comes to an end (allegedly, at least) with director Everardo Gout‘s fifth installment The Forever Purge, which will be released in theaters on July 2, 2021.

“This summer, all the rules are broken as a sect of lawless marauders decides that the annual Purge does not stop at daybreak and instead should never end in The Forever Purge.”

Vaulting from the record-shattering success of 2018’s The First Purge, Blumhouse’s infamous terror franchise hurtles into innovative new territory as members of an underground movement, no longer satisfied with one annual night of anarchy and murder, decide to overtake America through an unending campaign of mayhem and massacre. No one is safe.

Adela (Ana de la Reguera, Cowboys & Aliens) and her husband Juan (Tenoch Huerta, Days of Grace) live in Texas, where Juan is working as a ranch hand for the wealthy Tucker family. Juan impresses the Tucker patriarch, Caleb (Will Patton, Halloween), but that fuels the jealous anger of Caleb’s son, Dylan (Josh Lucas, Ford v Ferrari).

On the morning after The Purge, a masked gang of killers attacks the Tucker family—including Dylan’s wife (Cassidy Freeman, HBO’s The Righteous Gemstones), and his sister (Leven Rambin, The Hunger Games), forcing both families to band together and fight back as the country spirals into chaos and the United States begins to disintegrate around them.

From a screenplay by franchise creator James DeMonaco, The Forever Purge is directed by Everardo Gout, writer-director of the award-winning thriller Days of Grace.

The film is produced by the franchise’s founding producers: Jason Blum for Blumhouse Productions; Platinum Dunes partners Michael Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller; and Man in a Tree duo James DeMonaco and longtime producing partner Sébastien K. Lemercier. The film’s executive producers are Marcei A. Brown, Everardo Gout and Jeanette Volturno.

gag 24th June 2021 10:20 AM

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...ematary-movie/

Jackson White Will Be Playing a Young Jud Crandall in Upcoming ‘Pet Sematary’ Movie

It was announced earlier this year that a new installment in the Pet Sematary franchise is in the works for Paramount+, with Jeff Buhler, who wrote the 2019 adaptation, writing. The project was initially announced as being a prequel, an approach that was later called into question. But this first bit of casting news, well, it sure seems to suggest it’s indeed a prequel.

Deadline reports that Jackson White (“Mrs. Fletcher”) is in final negotiations to join the cast of the mysterious movie, playing a young version of the character Jud Crandall.

Jud was of course originally played by the late Fred Gwynne in Mary Lambert’s Pet Sematary, with the role being played by John Lithgow in the 2019 version of Pet Sematary. In both versions of Stephen King‘s terror tale, Jud Crandall is the kind neighbor of the family at the center of the story, and the one who introduces them to the titular location and its powers.

Lindsey Beer (Sierra Burgess Is a Loser) has been hired to direct the new movie, making her directorial debut. Beer also wrote the latest draft of the movie’s script.

No word yet on plot details, but the film will presumably tell a new story set within the world of Stephen King‘s Pet Sematary. The novel has thus far been adapted twice for the big screen, first by Mary Lambert in 1989 and then by Kevin Kölsch and Dennis Widmyer in 2019. Mary Lambert also directed a sequel to her Pet Sematary, which was released in 1992.

The 2019 movie made an impressive $113 million at the box office on a reported $21 million production budget, so it’s a no brainer that Paramount is headed back to the Pet Sematary.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing the new movie.