Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

gag 11th March 2024 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 696766)
I know it?s not newly announced but I saw the trailer for Furiosa before Dune pt2 yesterday and it looks so much fun I can?t wait to watch it.

I?m sure it?s due out next month, I wasn?t a fan of mad max fury road so I?m undecided on this.

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th March 2024 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 696841)
I?m sure it?s due out next month, I wasn?t a fan of mad max fury road so I?m undecided on this.

I didn't rate it first time round but loved it the two times since.

Justin101 11th March 2024 09:33 PM

I saw Fury Road at the cinema which is probably why I was a fan right off, the volume was shaking the cinema floor it was amazing :lol:

Susan Foreman 13th March 2024 03:50 PM

Official teaser for 'The Crow'

The first proper trailer will be released tomorrow (Thursday)

gag 13th March 2024 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 696893)
Official teaser for 'The Crow'

The first proper trailer will be released tomorrow (Thursday)

I said to wife yesterday because she saw a teaser trailer for something, tbh how much would it have cost to make that clip ? For what real reason? Me personally I think they are absolutely pointless there not even a teaser trailer there basically a trailer of bugger all except to say name of the Film coming soon.

Susan Foreman 14th March 2024 04:41 PM

'The Crow' full trailer

Presumably this is the red band version !

gag 15th March 2024 06:29 PM

Horror master Joe Dante (Gremlins, Gremlins 2, The 'Burbs) is returning to the director's chair for Little Shop of Halloween Horrors, Deadline reports this afternoon.

Joe Dante is directing with the legendary Roger Corman producing, and the film is said to be "a reboot of Corman's famed 1960 horror comedy, Little Shop of Horrors."

Even cooler? Charles S. Haas (Gremlins 2: The New Batch) wrote the film!

The site notes that Little Shop of Halloween Horrors is "intended to jumpstart a new franchise."

Corman and Brad Krevoy are co-producing the upcoming film.

The Little Shop of Horrors began as a Roger Corman-directed movie back in 1960, which later became an Off-Broadway musical and then the 1986 movie Little Shop of Horrors.

In the classic tale, "Meek flower shop assistant Seymour pines for co-worker Audrey. During a total eclipse, he discovers an unusual plant he names Audrey II, which feeds only on human flesh and blood. The growing plant attracts a great deal of business for the previously struggling store. After Seymour feeds Audrey's boyfriend, Orin, to the plant after Orin's accidental death, he must come up with more bodies for the increasingly bloodthirsty plant."

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...lins-2-writer/

gag 17th March 2024 07:33 AM

Tourist Trap? Remake in the Works from Producer Barbara Crampton! [
Every year, hundreds of young people travel the country? and disappear. 45 years after the release of cult classic Tourist Trap, Bloody Disgusting has exclusively learned this weekend that horror legend Barbara Crampton (Re-Animator, You?re Next, Jakob?s Wife, Suitable Flesh) will be producing an upcoming remake of the 1979 horror movie!

Alliance Media Partners has acquired the rights to Tourist Trap, and Crampton, the company?s Vice President of Production & Development, will be producing the new take on the classic.

Crampton is producing with Bob Portal, Managing Director & Head of Production at AMP.

The original Tourist Trap was directed by David Schmoeller.

In the film, ?A group of young friends stranded at a secluded roadside museum are stalked by a masked assailant who uses his telekinetic powers to control the attraction?s mannequins.?

Chuck Connors played the villain Mr. Slausen, the owner of tourist trap Slausen?s Lost Oasis. The ill-fated friends, well, they all get turned into mannequins, making for one wild finale.

Meagan Navarro wrote about Tourist Trap here on Bloody Disgusting, ?This slasher with a supernatural twist brings the nightmare fuel in the form of deeply unnerving mannequins. Mannequins are already terrifying, with their life-like appearance and vacant eyes. But what if they unhinged their jaws and made eerie sounds as they closed in on their victim for the kill? You get one of the creepiest slashers hailing from the golden era of the sub-genre.?

https://bloody-disgusting.com/exclus...waRkB46NFm6-rg

Susan Foreman 20th March 2024 06:25 PM

First teaser trailer for 'Alien: Romulus'

"The sci-fi / horror-thriller takes the phenomenally successful ?Alien? franchise back to its roots: While scavenging the deep ends of a derelict space station, a group of young space colonizers come face to face with the most terrifying life form in the universe."

Release date: August 16

gag 21st March 2024 08:24 PM

SymbioticFunction 21st March 2024 09:55 PM

Really looking forward to both Alien Romulus and Beetlejuice Beetlejuice. :)

gag 21st March 2024 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 697109)
Really looking forward to both Alien Romulus and Beetlejuice Beetlejuice. :)

Tbh I think most ppl are looking forward to new Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, hopefully it's good, can't see it being as good as original but also cant see it being a stinker either.. We just have to wait and see.

gag 27th March 2024 06:15 PM

gag 27th March 2024 09:39 PM

Don mancini working on a new Chucky film.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...-chucky-movie/

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th March 2024 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 697303)

I haven't seen the 1991 film of the same name, so would be able to watch that with an open mind.

gag 3rd April 2024 08:42 PM

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th April 2024 08:54 AM

It looks like the production companies (Jagged Edge Productions and ITN Distribution) have found a strange niche, making cheap horror versions of children's stories.

They are responsible for The Curse of Humpty Dumpty (2021), The Legend of Jack and Jill (2021), Easter Bunny Massacre (2021), Easter Bunny Massacre: The Bloody Trail (2022), Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey (2023), Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey II (2024), a second sequel (Poohniverse: Monsters Assemble), Peter Pan's Neverland Nightmare (currently filming), the announced Pinocchio Unstrung, and this new take of the Bambi character.

https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?companies=co0862075

They might be moderately entertaining, but I doubt they would objectively described as 'good films', and it's probably debatable whether they are good for the video market.

Susan Foreman 4th April 2024 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 697515)
It looks like the production companies (Jagged Edge Productions and ITN Distribution) have found a strange niche, making cheap horror versions of children's stories.

They are responsible for ... Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey II (2024)

They might be moderately entertaining, but I doubt they would objectively described as 'good films', and it's probably debatable whether they are good for the video marked.

Winnie The Pooh: Blood and Honey 2 Debuts With Perfect Rotten Tomatoes Score /CBR. Com

This was published / posted on March 26 (i.e just over a week ago)...

"Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey 2 seems to have impressed the critics.

The film is a direct sequel to Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey, and it continues the trend by turning more famous children's characters from the public domain into horror. The sequel's Rotten Tomatoes numbers just debuted, and Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey debuted with a perfect score of 100%. The sequel boasts only six reviews at the time of publishing, but all of them are encouraging, noting the improvement from the first installment

The first film currently holds an abysmal 3% rating from 62 reviews, which makes the sequel's score even more exciting. On top of that, the audience didn't seem to enjoy the first one too much, as it only holds a 50% rating. Things are different for Blood and Honey 2, which currently holds an 84% rating from the audience from more than 50 reviews, which is encouraging"

Just checked and it currently holds a 52% green splat Tomatometer rating (from 27 reviews) and a 81% popcorn audience score (from 500+ ratings)

But, for a short while at least, it was the 'Citizen Kane' of horror films !!

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th April 2024 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 697515)

They are responsible for The Curse of Humpty Dumpty (2021), The Legend of Jack and Jill (2021), Easter Bunny Massacre (2021), Easter Bunny Massacre: The Bloody Trail (2022), Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey (2023), Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey II (2024), a second sequel (Poohniverse: Monsters Assemble), Peter Pan's Neverland Nightmare (currently filming, the announced Pinocchio Unstrung, and this new take of the Bambi character.

https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?companies=co0862075

They might be moderately entertaining, but I doubt they would objectively described as 'good films', and it's probably debatable whether they are good for the video marked.

I presume you meant 'video market'. If so why not?

I'd prefer to watch one of these than the latest sanitised supernatural PG-13 rated borefests that Hollywood seem to churn out every few months. The Nun 7 or whatever.

Gimme' Bambi:The Reckoning over The Exorcist (Audience) Deceiver any day.

Indie horror is where the upcoming talent most likely lies, as Terrifier and it's sequels prove. Hollywood needs to give these guys a bigger budget and see what results they get rather than the conveyor belt of unoriginality they are currently thrusting on movie fans.

Sorry, that became a bit of a rant, but the question still stands. How so?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th April 2024 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 697521)
I presume you meant 'video market'. If so why not?

I'd prefer to watch one of these than the latest sanitised supernatural PG-13 rated borefests that Hollywood seem to churn out every few months. The Nun 7 or whatever.

Gimme' Bambi:The Reckoning over The Exorcist (Audience) Deceiver any day.

Indie horror is where the upcoming talent most likely lies, as Terrifier and it's sequels prove. Hollywood needs to give these guys a bigger budget and see what results they get rather than the conveyor belt of unoriginality they are currently thrusting on movie fans.

Sorry, that became a bit of a rant, but the question still stands. How so?

Yes, I meant 'market 'and I have edited accordingly.

I am slightly split on whether these films are good for the home video market or not because I like that the companies are doing something new and unusual with the source material, but it's also annoying that they aren't doing sequels to those innovative films.

The concept is very different from the mainstream and, like you say, a welcome change to another entry in The Conjuring, Scream or The Exorcist franchises.

Additionally, the quality isn't apparently particularly high - although Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey is on my watchlist, I haven't yet seen one of the films. However, if they make people buy DVDs from HMV, Asda, or wherever else, then that can only be a good thing for the distributor and the economy.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th April 2024 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 697531)
Additionally, the quality isn't apparently particularly high - although Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey is on my watchlist, I haven't yet seen one of the films. However, if they make people buy DVDs from HMV, Asda, or wherever else, then that can only be a good thing for the distributor and the economy.

Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey isn't what anyone would call a good film but the gore is impressive. In fact the quality of the film is no worse than say, the films on Arrow's American Horror Project releases which are regional horrors from the US.

As with those films it's entertaining enough but you know when you go in you aren't getting something of quality like The Omen or Dawn of the Dead, you are getting something low budget and cheap to make, the essence of exploitation in fact.

gag 4th April 2024 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 697534)
Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey isn't what anyone would call a good film but the gore is impressive. In fact the quality of the film is no worse than say, the films on Arrow's American Horror Project releases which are regional horrors from the US.

As with those films it's entertaining enough but you know when you go in you aren't getting something of quality like The Omen or Dawn of the Dead, you are getting something low budget and cheap to make, the essence of exploitation in fact.

Blood and honey been such a success they have announced there will be a 3rd one, I've yet to watch any of these kids stuff cross over to horror, tbh I think Bannana splits is to be blamed for this because (might be wrong) was first kids shows etc to be turned into a horror.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th April 2024 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 697547)
Blood and honey been such a success they have announced there will be a 3rd one, I've yet to watch any of these kids stuff cross over to horror, tbh I think Bannana splits is to be blamed for this because (might be wrong) was first kids shows etc to be turned into a horror.

I know there's going to be Poohniverse: Monsters Assemble next year, that third in that sequence of films, so they're obviously profitable enough.

gag 5th April 2024 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 697551)
I know there's going to be Poohniverse: Monsters Assemble next year, that third in that sequence of films, so they're obviously profitable enough.

Maybe Hollywood could take a lesson on how to make a budget movie and make a profit instead of other way round, and spending hundreds of millions and barley breaking even. :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th April 2024 07:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The First Omen

I had no idea there was an Omen prequel. Shot in Rome. Critics like it which is a start.

nosferatu42 7th April 2024 07:32 PM

I knew it was coming as I saw the trailer, quite excited to see it after the generally positive reviews.

Was actually thinking about going to the cinema to see it as it's actually only 2 hrs long unlike most new films.

I grew up watching the originals as a kid on TV and read the 4th and 5th continuation novels last year, so i'm well up for this.
The Omen has always been a favourite of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmN1Op8ygno

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th April 2024 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 697611)
I knew it was coming as I saw the trailer, quite excited to see it after the generally positive reviews.

Was actually thinking about going to the cinema to see it as it's actually only 2 hrs long unlike most new films.

I grew up watching the originals as a kid on TV and read the 4th and 5th continuation novels last year, so i'm well up for this.
The Omen has always been a favourite of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmN1Op8ygno

It certainly seems more worthy of release than that last Exorcist film.

I'd be up for adding it to the collection when it hits Blu-ray. Might be nice for Halloween time.

gag 8th April 2024 01:28 PM

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th April 2024 01:39 PM

I watched the trailer and then a review popped up, and he rates it as the second-best Omen film since the first, and a genuinely well-crafted, designed, and affecting horror film.

Until watching the trailer and the review, I had zero interest in watching it at the cinema, but now I'm looking at my calendar to see if a viewing is compatible with my other commitments!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e58T0mzVGk

gag 10th April 2024 04:11 AM

gag 10th April 2024 07:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Blair Witch Project? at 25: The Eerie Real Life Parallels to the Legend of the Blair Witch

https://bloody-disgusting.com/editor...e-blair-witch/

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th April 2024 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 697707)
The Blair Witch Project? at 25: The Eerie Real Life Parallels to the Legend of the Blair Witch

https://bloody-disgusting.com/editor...e-blair-witch/

From the posted image

Quote:

This film marks the beginning of a multi picture deal wherin Blumhouse will reimagine several horror classics from the Lionsgate catalog.
Joy of f*cking joys. Blumhouse are so devoid of originality.

iank 10th April 2024 09:16 PM

They are the bottom of the barrel.

gag 10th April 2024 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 697708)
From the posted image

Joy of f*cking joys. Blumhouse are so devoid of originality.

I'm not a huge fan of Blumhouse, I'm more A24 think they have released quite a lot of good films,

The room
Vvitch
Blackcoats daughter
Midssomar
Lighthouse
In fabric
X

And many more.

gag 11th April 2024 06:10 AM

gag 11th April 2024 04:00 PM

'28 Years Later' - 'Candyman' Filmmaker Nia DaCosta in Talks to Direct Second Movie in Planned Trilogy

Danny Boyle and Alex Garland are reteaming for the long-awaited sequel to 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later, titled 28 Years Later, which plans to kick off a brand new trilogy.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...anned-trilogy/

gag 12th April 2024 05:35 AM

Smile 2? Plot Details: Horror Sequel Will Follow a Popstar Afflicted by the Smile Curse

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...e-smile-curse/

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th April 2024 10:06 PM

I think this is the first teaser trailer for Joker: Folie a Deux

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy8aJw1vYHo

Susan Foreman 19th April 2024 03:31 PM

'Trap' - the latest film from M. Night Shyamalan

"A father and teen daughter attend a pop concert, where they realize they?re at the center of a dark and sinister event."

Release date: August 9

peter alex 19th April 2024 05:00 PM

I wish I never watched the trailer for the film Trap because I think it give away the identity of the killer.