Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1331Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th March 2012, 04:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Life on Mars

Sam Tyler: [credits introduction] My name is Sam Tyler. I had an accident, and I woke up in 1973. Am I mad, in a coma, or back in time? Whatever's happened, it's like I've landed on a different planet. Now, maybe if I can work out the reason, I can get home.

Gene Hunt: Good work, Raymondo. I'm bumping you back up to DS... only this time make it stand for Detective Sergeant and not Dog Shit!

Gene Hunt: You great... soft... sissy... girlie... nancy... french... bender... Man-United supporting POOF!

Gene Hunt: He has fingers in more pies than a leper at a cookery course.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Life on Mars (3) .jpg (91.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Life on Mars (2) .jpg (87.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Life on Mars (2006) .jpg (86.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 28th March 2012, 04:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Thick of It

The Thick of It
Malcolm Tucker: Come the **** in or **** the **** off.

How much ****ing shit is there on the menu and what ****ing flavour is it?

"If some **** can **** something up, that **** will pick the worst possible time to ****ing **** it up cause that ****'s a ****."

"don't let him hear you saying that, he'd **** you like Ron Jeremy- only with less warmth"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Malcolm Tucker.jpg (49.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 28th March 2012, 05:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Maltese Falcon (1941)

Kasper Gutman: By Gad, sir, you are a character. There's never any telling what you'll say or do next, except that it's bound to be something astonishing.

Kasper Gutman: That's an attitude, sir, that calls for the most delicate judgment on both sides. 'Cause as you know, sir, in the heat of action men are likely to forget where their best interests lie and let their emotions carry them away.

Kasper Gutman: Seventeen years I've wanted that little item and I've been trying to get it. If we must spend another year on the quest... well, sir, it will be an additional expenditure in time of only... five and fifteen seventeenths percent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Maltese Falcon (1941).jpg (90.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg The Maltese Falcon 3x.jpg (39.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 28th March 2012, 05:23 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
Kasper Gutman: By Gad, sir, you are a character. There's never any telling what you'll say or do next, except that it's bound to be something astonishing.

Kasper Gutman: That's an attitude, sir, that calls for the most delicate judgment on both sides. 'Cause as you know, sir, in the heat of action men are likely to forget where their best interests lie and let their emotions carry them away.

Kasper Gutman: Seventeen years I've wanted that little item and I've been trying to get it. If we must spend another year on the quest... well, sir, it will be an additional expenditure in time of only... five and fifteen seventeenths percent.
Just great im actually watching this right now.
VicDakin likes this.
Old 28th March 2012, 06:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default American Psycho (2000)

American Psycho (2000)

Patrick Bateman: You're a ****ing ugly bitch. I want to stab you to death, and then play around with your blood.

Patrick Bateman: There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

Patrick Bateman: Do you know what Ed Gein said about women?
David Van Patten: Ed Gein? The maitre 'd at Canal Bar?
Patrick Bateman: No, serial killer, Wisconsin, the '50s.
Craig McDermott: So what did he say?
Patrick Bateman: "When I see a pretty girl walking down the street, I think two things. One part wants me to take her out, talk to her, be real nice and sweet and treat her right."
David Van Patten: And what did the other part think?
Patrick Bateman: "What her head would look like on a stick... "
Attached Images
File Type: jpg American Psycho (2000).jpg (88.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg American Psycho (2).jpg (65.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg American Psycho (3).jpg (63.1 KB, 2 views)
Splatterdragon73 likes this.
Old 28th March 2012, 07:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Army of Darkness (1992)

Groovy.

Ash: Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures.

Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things, right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Army of Darkness (3).jpg (94.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg The Army of Darkness (2).jpg (99.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg The Army of Darkness .jpg (102.8 KB, 3 views)
Splatterdragon73 likes this.
Old 28th March 2012, 11:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

From John Carpenter's They Live (1988):

"You know, you look like your head fell in the cheesedip back in 1957."
"You, you're okay.This one, real f*cking ugly!"
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Old 29th March 2012, 07:08 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

To Catch A Thief (1954). One of my all-time favourites.

H. H. Hughson: The pastries are light as air.
John Robie: Germaine has very sensitive hands and an exceedingly light touch. She strangled a German general - without a sound.

---

Frances Stevens: My nerves could stand a drink.
Jessie Stevens: Your nerves and your mother!

---

Frances Stevens: I have a feeling that tonight you're going to see one of the Riviera's most fascinating sights.
[pause]
Frances Stevens: I was talking about the fireworks!
John Robie: I never doubted it.
Frances Stevens: The way you looked at my necklace, I didn't know...

---

Frances Stevens: Ever had a better offer in your whole life? One with everything?
[fireworks]
John Robie: I've never had a crazier one.
Frances Stevens: Just as long as you're satisfied!
[fireworks]
John Robie: You know as well as I do: this necklace is imitation.
Frances Stevens: Well, I'm not.

---

Frances Stevens: What do you say?
John Robie: My only comment would be highly censorable.

---

Jessie Stevens: Sorry I ever sent her to finishing school. I think they finished her there.

Greetings!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg catch2.jpg (49.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Annex%20-%20Grant,%20Cary%20(To%20Catch%20a%20Thief)_03.jpg (76.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg grace-kelly-to-catch-a-thief-45_thumb.jpg (78.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg To%20Catch%20A%20Thief%20pic%202.jpg (28.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg To-Catch-A-Thief.jpg (93.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg tumblr_l1l8zeUU631qani60o1_400.jpg (26.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 29th March 2012, 11:39 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Reservoir Dogs

Mr. Brown: Let me tell you what 'Like a Virgin' is about. It's all about a girl who digs a guy with a big dick. The entire song. It's a metaphor for big dicks.
Mr. Blonde: No, no. It's about a girl who is very vulnerable. She's been ****ed over a few times. Then she meets some guy who's really sensitive...
Mr. Brown: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... Time out Greenbay. Tell that ****ing bullshit to the tourists.
Joe: Toby... Who the **** is Toby? Toby...
Mr. Brown: 'Like a Virgin' is not about this sensitive girl who meets a nice fella. That's what "True Blue" is about, now, granted, no argument about that.
Mr. Orange: Which one is 'True Blue'?
Nice Guy Eddie: 'True Blue' was a big ass hit for Madonna. I don't even follow this Tops In Pops shit, and I've at least heard of "True Blue".
Mr. Orange: Look, asshole, I didn't say I ain't heard of it. All I asked was how does it go? Excuse me for not being the world's biggest Madonna fan.
Mr. Blonde: Personally, I can do without her.
Mr. Blue: I like her early stuff. You know, 'Lucky Star', 'Borderline' - but once she got into her 'Papa Don't Preach' phase, I don't know, I tuned out.
Mr. Brown: Hey, you guys are making me lose my... train of thought here. I was saying something, what was it?
Joe: Oh, Toby was this Chinese girl, what was her last name?
Mr. White: What's that?
Joe: I found this old address book in a jacket I ain't worn in a coon's age. What was that name?
Mr. Brown: What the **** was I talking about?
Mr. Pink: You said 'True Blue' was about a nice girl, a sensitive girl who meets a nice guy, and that 'Like a Virgin' was a metaphor for big dicks.
Mr. Brown: Lemme tell you what 'Like a Virgin' is about. It's all about this cooze who's a regular **** machine, I'm talking morning, day, night, afternoon, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick.
Mr. Blue: How many dicks is that?
Mr. White: A lot.
Mr. Brown: Then one day she meets this John Holmes mother****er and it's like, whoa baby, I mean this cat is like Charles Bronson in the 'Great Escape', he's digging tunnels. Now, she's gettin' the serious dick action and she's feeling something she ain't felt since forever. Pain. Pain.
Joe: Chew? Toby Chew?
Mr. Brown: It hurts her. It shouldn't hurt her, you know, her pussy should be Bubble Yum by now, but when this cat ****s her it hurts. It hurts just like it did the first time. You see the pain is reminding a **** machine what it once was like to be a virgin. Hence, 'Like a Virgin'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20100202124557-reservoir_dogs_ver2.jpg (74.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00013.jpg (35.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00001.jpg (36.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00002.jpg (28.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00006.jpg (25.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00012.jpg (26.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00007.jpg (31.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00011.jpg (26.7 KB, 1 views)
VicDakin and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 29th March 2012, 04:06 PM
Cult Master

Joe: Chew? Toby Chew?

I just love that line was just so random in the conversation.

Loved Joe in the film. "Cough up a buck ya cheap bastard"

Joe: So, you guys like to tell jokes, huh? Gigglin' and laughin' like a bunch of young broads sittin' in a schoolyard. Well, let me tell a joke. Five guys, sittin' in a bullpen, in San Quentin. All wondering how the **** they got there. What should we have done, what didn't we do, who's fault is it, is it my fault, your fault, his fault, all that bullshit. Then one of them says, hey. Wait a minute. When we were planning this caper, all we did was sit around tellin' ****in' jokes! Get the message? Boys, I don't mean to holler at ya. When this caper's over - and I'm sure it'll be a successful one - we'll get down to the Hawaiian Islands, hell, I'll roll and laugh with all of ya. You'll find me a different character down there. Right now, it's a matter of business.

Joe: All right ramblers, let's get rambling!

Like this? Share it using the links below!