Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

trebor8273 9th October 2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 590193)
All Hallows' Eve (2013)

Decent portmanteau horror about a babysitter who decides to watch a video cassette that had been left in one of her charges Halloween goodie bags.

Although let down at times by lack of budget All Hallows' Eve isn't bad at all. We have demonic creatures, aliens and Art the clown - breakout star who ended up with his own movie this year in Terrifier. - and a fairly high gore quota. The acting isn't the best although Katie Maguire is excellent as the babysitter but the whole thing is clearly made by people who have a passion for the genre and it is suitably creepy throughout.

Night of the Demons (1988)

On Halloween night a bunch of insufferable college kids hole up at an abandoned mortuary for a wild party. It's not too long before they unleash demons from hell who knock them off in hideous ways.

A reasonable fun film that feels like a carnival house of horror and is mainly let down by Linnea Quigley's stilted and wooden delivery of her lines. There's graphic gore and violence and one or two memorable scenes but it's impossible to take seriously.

Think I might watch all Hallows eve and the terrifier tomorrow, interview with a vampire for some strange reason doesn't feel like a horror to me.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th October 2018 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 590195)
Think I might watch all Hallows eve and the terrifier tomorrow, interview with a vampire for some strange reason doesn't feel like a horror to me.

:lol: I added Interview to my watch list after you mentioned it. I love it though.

I shall watch Terrifier nearer to Halloween itself.

MrBarlow 9th October 2018 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Poltergeist 2: The Other Side. 1986

A year after the freeling family fled their house, the area is now a archeology dig, the Freeling's are now living in Arizona with Diane's mother, but something or someone has followed them and why is the Reverend kane interested in the family.

This was a so so sequel tbh, the cast from the original film appear except Dominique Dunne who died after completing the first movie, her character was mentioned in as being away at college. Will Sampson appears as the indian medicine man who tries to help the family and also performed a real exorcism on set after the crew became uncomfortable. The haunting appearance in this film is from Julian Beck's portrayal as Reverend Kane, he does seem like the sweet old man of the church but has deep dark secrets, his gaunt expression was from suffering cancer , and make up on he even scared Heather O'Rourke. This wasn't a big suspense movie, the special effects were good but the only disappointment for me was the finale. 6 out of 10

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th October 2018 07:04 PM

I haven't seen any of the Poltergeist films. I've got the first one but never watched it.

trebor8273 9th October 2018 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 590199)
:lol: I added Interview to my watch list after you mentioned it. I love it though.

I shall watch Terrifier nearer to Halloween itself.

I'm enjoying it, maybe it's me it has a homoerotic vibe running through out, it's very well acted with beautiful sets and scenery .

trebor8273 9th October 2018 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 590210)
I haven't seen any of the Poltergeist films. I've got the first one but never watched it.

What the hell,one of those films i thought ever horror can would of seen.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th October 2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 590212)
What the hell,one of those films i thought ever horror can would of seen.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

just not every horror fan. :tongue1: :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th October 2018 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 590210)

I've only seen the first one – I have never considered watching the sequels – and find I like it more with each viewing. It was quite funny to notice a reference (though whether it's intentional or not I don't know) in Incredibles 2!

It might be worth adding it to your October watchlist, but try to forget about the debate about whether Hooper or Spielberg had the most creative input while watching it as you'll probably enjoy it more that way.

trebor8273 9th October 2018 07:37 PM

As I'm enjoying interview with a vampire is queen of the damned worth watching or should I give it a miss?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th October 2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 590216)
As I'm enjoying interview with a vampire is queen of the damned worth watching or should I give it a miss?

A definite miss. :nod: